Brain Drain

yes that one of the notifications ive seen around here
and I also applauded them for that in the revamp thread

3 Likes

While weā€™re on the subject, hereā€™s a bit of info about that.

These banners are visible to other users, but not the poster they apply toā€¦ and by default are only visible to community members who have been active enough to achieve Trust Level 2.

3 Likes

yes but as for the welcome banner they might be freaked out if the level 2 and 3 users welcome them and encourage they to enjoy their stay here :grinning:

I can imagine the puzzle look on their face :woozy_face:

3 Likes

I thought the same exact thing. Comes with the territory. :laughing:

3 Likes

Think it was January . It makes shipping large stuff not worth it to the buyer and seller .

2 Likes

Can someone please explain this to me?

My hubby watches Formula One Racing and I usually make a note of the times for him, but I just donā€™t understand this.

These shows are airing live, but the date & day donā€™t match. March 29 is not Saturday & March 30 is not Sunday.
I understand these are airing in another country in another time zone, but Iā€™ve never had the TV schedule be like this before.

1 Like

According to Google, Bahrain is EST +7 (so itā€™s 11:15pm there right now).

Hopefully thatā€™s just a glitch, and the race is actually on the 30th and 31st :thinking:

2 Likes

I understand that the actual dates are different, but why on earth is my TV schedule saying two things like this. It always lists things for my time zone, even these races overseas.

Gads, Iā€™m gonna need news brains soon.

ļ“¾Ķ”ą¹ĢÆĶ”ą¹ļ“æ Oā€™RLY?

2 Likes

Maybe itā€™s something on Spectrums side?

For clarification; Iā€™m checking it on Comcast and it has the proper dates of Saturday and Sunday :thinking:

2 Likes

Temporal Paradox ? I honestly got nothing better then that .

4 Likes

I just went out and checked the online TV guide and itā€™s all ok there. I use the site Zap2It to look up stuff on the computer. Learned my lesson now, I guess.

2 Likes

just a reminder iā€™m gonna get started on my dairy/novel about my dailly life

Yep, itā€™s definitely this site that Iā€™m using. Hereā€™s the finale for the Walking Dead. Itā€™s definitely airing on Sunday, March 31. Not March 30. Guess Iā€™ll be sending them a report.

4 Likes

Our commercial grade fry cutter came in . Cast iron and stainless sure beats the plastic and stainless one behind .

5 Likes

Iā€™ve been resisting making this post, but I canā€™t hold off any longer.

They recently opened a Starbucks near me, LITERALLY two blocks away. My hubby said, ā€œWell, that seems dangerous.ā€ Iā€™ve been trying to not overindulge, and Iā€™ve been doing really well. Iā€™ve been there 6 times in the last 2 months. I mean, after all, itā€™s right next to the grocery store and the pharmacy.

50% of the time, it all goes well, howeverā€¦

Experience 1

Stopped in, behind about 6 cars in line. No problem, Iā€™m not in a hurry.

I drive a truck, like this one

The guy in front of me was driving this

I could easily see him in his car. He ordered pulled up and I ordered. Then the wait. I counted out my money and began to look around. Guy in front of me staring out at the traffic on the street. Heā€™s not on his phone, doesnā€™t have the radio on, nothing. (I know this because my window was down, it was a nice day.) It took about 12-14 minutes for him to get to the window. I see the girl talking to him and then he starts to pack down his pockets, looks in the seat next to him; finally opens his glove compartment and finds his wallet. Almost 15 minutes and he waits until he gets to the window to look for his wallet!! :angry:

Experience 2

Only 1 car ahead of me in line; pull up behind her. After EIGHT minutes, they start handing her drinks. 15 drinks. In a drive-thru.

When I got to the window, the girl says something like, ā€œIf thereā€™s more than 4 drinks, they wish theyā€™d come inside.ā€ I TOTALLY AGREE.

Experience 3 (Today)

I always order the exact same thing every time. Itā€™s just the way I am.

Venti Hot Chocolate, Extra Hot - I donā€™t drink in the truck, and by the time I get home, itā€™s ā€œjust rightā€.

I ordered and over the intercom, she says ā€œ$3.66ā€. I said, ā€œWhat? Itā€™s usually $3.88.ā€ She says ā€œOh, I was just guessing.ā€

WHATTTT???

ĀÆ_(惄)_/ĀÆ

4 Likes

You saved .22 on a guess. Best. day. ever.

3 Likes

Slow honey. With 7 years at McDonaldā€™s, and 5 years at Wendyā€™s, Iā€™ve learned that people tend to lose their sanity when going through a drive-thru.

Counting pennies to get a $20 order?
Waiting until the first window to pull out your money?
Ordering $100 worth of food on a Friday night, when the line is wrapped around the building?
Not remembering the food you ordered?
Ordering product the store has NEVER carried?
Pulling out of the lane before getting the complete order?
Complaining that ā€œā€" is missing, despite not ordering that?

And those are just the common onesā€¦

For that one, sometimes thereā€™s only a few people in the store. During those periods often times the back cash person has to help with preparing the orders, and isnā€™t around the register to enter in the order.

That, or the system could have been down. Every night we have to ā€œcloseā€ for about an hour, and during that time we still take orders, but have to write them down on a piece of paper and calculate the totals manually.

4 Likes

This is a person Iā€™ve seen before, and never had a problem with. The computer seemed to be working, it displayed the correct amount on the screen seconds after she told me the wrong price. Also, there were at least 5 people behind the counter that I could see from the drive-thru window. Iā€™m thinking that she just ā€œthoughtā€ she knew the price and didnā€™t wait for it to display.

And I agree, there are sometimes extenuating circumstances, but if you donā€™t ā€œknowā€ the price, donā€™t guess. I could have held her to that incorrect price, but I didnā€™t. Besides, if the computer is down, having a calculator nearby solves that. (And, yes, I know they have one, Iā€™ve seen it by the register.)

4 Likes

To make it through the days Iā€™ve had to take naps the last few days .

5 Likes

An honest customer.

Iā€™ve heard that a sign of adulthood is when you switch from not wanting to take naps :smiley:

ā€¦While Iā€™ve never seen a drive-thru Subway, as seen in Lethal Weapon, just like Joe Pesciā€™s character Iā€™ve never been a big fan of the drive-thru.

Seems to me that my drive-thru loving pals arenā€™t wrong when they say that customers who go inside are treated as ā€œsecond class citizensā€ by the staff, as they prioritize the drive-thru customers, but it never fails that when the Chick-Fil-A drive-thru lines circle the building twice and the restaurant is sending out staff with the tablets to take orders directly from the cars (instead of waiting until the cars get to the order window/speaker), that I get my food faster by going inside :man_shrugging: :slight_smile:

4 Likes