Brain Drain

I’m not one to have a solution. I started saving boxes in the 70’s…still have some of them.

Mark Gosdin

5 Likes

Amazon driver forgot this across the road.
They were swapping packages between vehicles and see them leave. See this cart sitting there.
Called and lady got very confused about what I was talking about.
Supposed to come back today or tomorrow.

:neutral_face:

6 Likes

The prescription food we have to give our cats went up to $79 for a 16.6 pound bag. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

5 Likes

Still not come back for the cart.

4 Likes

Important piece of equipment there. Probably swearing everytime they need it and can’t find it.

4 Likes

Nah, they probably have a rack bay full of those at the Shipping Center. So, they just grabbed another one off the rack, signed a form and tossed it in the van.

Maybe they will eventually come for it, but odds are they really don’t have the time to mess with it.

Mark Gosdin

5 Likes

Gave the cart to the first driver that showed up.

Received and setup the new TV yesterday.
After researching I went with the club store model of the Sony X90 65 inch.
It had the better all around reviews, performance, and less reported issues then others I was looking at.

Swapped the one that was going bad for the one in the living room the new tv replaced.

Only two things not to fond of so far is the cable signal is not to great looking until the tv warms up (though that is probably because my area’s cable is not the best) and everything simple like moving apps around seems to have a extra unnecessary button push needed.

Setup all my apps and unlike the Roku did not have to fiddle with the subtitle settings.

Plus now don’t need the soundbar as the new tv is quite loud. 10 is about the same as 25 on the old tv. My pops is quite hard of hearing and was like why is it so loud.

5 Likes

Recently, I read through all 12 released volumes of Monthly Girls’ Nozaki-kun, and then went to watch my DVD copy, and it made me notice something. There are times that anime will cut content from the source to fit the number of episode for the season.

I had noticed the same with Skip Beat (Which BTW, I’m surprised I can pre-order two volumes at this time, it seems on Google Play Books, you can pre-order Viz released title all the way to December, they seems to be on a 6 month period for putting up pre-releases right now) though the cut content there is MUCH more extreme.

Monthly Girls’ not only had cut content, but I’m certain the 4-Koma format required them to add content to fit the standard length episode. The festival episode however (last one for HiDive viewers as HiDive doesn’t have the specials, which can be treated as episode 13, which is what the manga jumped to after the festive BTW) actually ended after Nozaki took a bite of Chiyo’s apple. Flashback aside, EVERYTHING after that moment was anime original.. The end result of the cut content is that Nozaki’s brother is seen in the montage during the credits. Oh, remember what I said about cut content. All chapters with Nozki’s brother were cut from the anime! So he never got a VA as a result of this.

Turing back to Skip Beat, the cut content amounts to about 1 volume. They skipped an entire arc! The end result is again, there’s a character who appears in the ending montage but anime only fans won’t know who it is when they appear (and doesn’t have a VA either). The anime changed some things around as a result of them cutting out the arc, in that Moko did not see Squirrel Kyoto. I’m sure there was cut content from before, but it most likely was bonus bits that don’t effect the story if cut (and was not seen by anyone reading the monthly chapters, but didn’t get the compiled volumes). The missing arc focused on Moko however, so that may be why the anime skipped to the Dark Moon arc.

Related to Monthly Girls’ getting extra stuff because the source is 4-koma, I’m certain that is the case with K-On! with how the source is 4 volumes!

4 Likes

I think I’m getting old I only recognize 5 bands/musicians on here.
I was hoping this blight was gone for good as well. Dang it.

3 Likes

You beat me, I only recognize 4. But couldn’t name a single song any of them did.

3 Likes

My Chemical Romance, Green Day, and Weezer (They did a cover of Toto’s Africa with Weird Al)…

That’s 3…

Oh. And @Slowhand, GD does one of my best “I’m Depressed” songs. Boulevard Of Broken Dreams

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

4 Likes

I actually saw Green Day years back at a bar that got closed down then turned in to a kids museum and finally torn down. :rofl:

6 Likes

“You have been loosing, nothing can change you. Happiness spits in your face always!

Was written when one of the band members friend became a recluse. My “I’m Depressed” song.

Mark Gosdin

4 Likes

I was a teen during the 90’s I think the majority of the bands that were big then were “I’m depressed songs”.

5 Likes

Except for the first 4 headliners, and Weezer, only 3 of them ring a bell for me. I’ll consider that a win, as I’m sure none of these acts are really in my wheelhouse. Kinda says something that vintage acts MCR and Green Day are still headliners.

The only “Cochise” that I know is this one :smiley:

4 Likes

Looking at Ani-chart got me thinking I should post what I’m looking forward to. Also, if it’s not the list, might end up testing the new shows if it’s on CR or HiDive anyway in the long run, as I normally do every season.

Taste Test (Shows I know are licensed and are interested in with no real knowledge of the story)

• The Executioner and Her Way of Life
  • I’m Quitting Heroing
  • The Greatest Demon Lord Is Reborn as a Typical Nobody
  • Skeleton Knight in Another World

Taste Test (Like above, but am reading the manga, so I know what I’m getting, but don’t expect to like enough to watch the whole thing)

• A Couple of Cuckoos
  • The Dawn of the Witch

Want to Taste Test (Like the first group, but not licensed, so I may not be able to watch)

• Aharen-san wa Hakarenai
  • Trapped in a Dating Sim: The World of Otome Games is Tough for Mobs
  • The Company Slave Wants to Be Healed by a Little Ghost Girl
  • Deaimon

Sequel (DUH!)

• Science Fell in Love, So I Tried to Prove It
  • The Rising of the Shield Hero Season 2
  • Komi Can’t Communicate Part 2
  • Ascendance of a Bookworm Season 3
  • Kaguya-sama: Love is War -Ultra Romantic-
  • The Demon Girl Next Door Season 2

Looking forward to (Reading the manga, can almost be certain they’ll be on the keep list)

• SPY×FAMILY
  • Love After World Domination
5 Likes

Welcome to my highly anticipated Anime chef DIY!! Kitchen ( what’s cooking ) so to speak
Im waiting and What i hope i can get from the anime do it yourself!! In a meal plan form

Appetizer - a fun and teasers in each episode
Homemade - funny down to earth sense of humor
The meat and potatoes - the bulk of the series is filling
Dessert - eye catching candy some nice little surprise treats

So :crossed_fingers: they have at least something that resembles an Gordon Ramsay’s masterpieces in a way

4 Likes

I got fluid in my ear and reverb in my ear when I talk is driving me nuts.

6 Likes

Do you know sign language?

:wink:

5 Likes

I only know one gesture and it’s not a good one. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :rofl:

5 Likes