Canaan

Just watched the first episode of Canaan and this has just vaulted to the top of my “must have” list!

Agreed.

Canaan reminds me a bit of Jo from Burst Angel.

Although not called out by name, Yun Yun is the girl providing comic relief. “Step right up.” “Bulls eye!” “We have a winner.” “Listen, lady, if you’re going to complain…” She is also the one in the next-episode teaser with out-of-control breasts - having comically overstuffed her bra with meat buns.

Here’s an image from Canaan at Wiki, with added labels.

From left to right: Nene (idol singer), Santana (helps escapees), Hakko (mute girl), Yun Yun (looped braids), Cummings, who is subservient to Liang-Qi, Alphard (badass babe with bare midriff), Canaan (red halter shirt), Yuri Natsume (goverment intermediary), Maria Osawa (ditzy photographer) and Minoru Minorikawa (reporter).

And, as usual, avoid TvTropes.org if you want to avoid massive spoilers.

-Joe

Hey, this episode’s TV14 warning is accurate.

This show contains: Language, Adult Content, Moral Corruption, Nose Bleeding, Skimpy Clothes. Except that it is bodies bleeding, not noses.

Watched the first episode tonight and enjoyed the dub. Its on my most buy list just will be a few months before I have extra money again. With luck might get it for Christmas.

Nose Bleeding means suggestive or adult content-anything from a flash of panties to full nudity. It’s a reference to the amine trope of a person (usually male but occasionally female-see Kanako Miyamae in Maria-Holic) developing a spontaneous nosebleed when viewing or even thinking of a highly arousing scene.

While I was watching the first episode, I was looking at the guns everyone was using. From the ones I saw, I think I identified most of them. (though one of them is pretty obvious)

Episode 1 spoilers ahead (sort of):

The rifle Canaan is using at the start of the episode is a Sig 550
The military-ish mercenary-esque guys have what appear to be M4s, but I could be wrong.
The man who is shot in the alley near the start of the episode had a Sig P228 (this is the obvious one)
The man who was going to shoot Maria had a Tokarev TT-33
Canaan’s handgun of choice is a Beretta Px4 Storm, with a green (almost olive drab) frame rather than the standard black frame. I’m not quite sure which model it is though, the Px4 has multiple models. At first glance, it looks like a Px4 Storm Special Duty, due to the oddly colored frame, but the frame color is different, and it lacks the threaded barrel that the special duty has.
Lastly, there’s a guy that Canaan shoots that has a Submachine Gun, but I’m not sure what it is. It looks like a Mac-10, but it’s just too impossible to see it clearly enough. Could be a Micro Uzi though.

I figured it all out without having to look up anything!! I’m not sure if that’s a good thing or a bad thing though.

That is never a bad thing, that is what we in Texas call Talent or dedication. :stuck_out_tongue:

Let me score you. My comments are within the spoiler tag, in red.

I don’t play a lot of computer games, so I haven’t memorized a lot of weapons shilouettes-that’s why I used IMFDB.

The type G… I see…

The type G doesn’t have a safety on it, where the safety would be, is a lever that decocks the hammer when pressed, and then automatically returns to the firing position. All of the Px4 guns have an automatic firing pin block as a safety feature that prevents the firing pin from moving unless you completely pull the trigger. Although there is no safety, because of the long and heavy double action trigger pull acts as a safety feature since it reduces the risk of accidentally pulling the trigger and firing a round into someone’s shin.
I’m sort of a big fan of the Px4 if you couldn’t guess.

I’m also partial to a certain modified M92F INOX with an elongated barrel and slide. It also has fancy ivory grips.[/spoiler]

I saw the opening of this and that’s all I needed to see. SOLD. This, along with Ghost hound are my next DVD buys for sure. This looks like a great, high octane action series, with some cute girls. Can’t wait to watch this.

Are you High? Canaan would get her butt beat by Jo. Jo is at the Vash the Stampede level and Canaan is at the Grandier level. Sure there good show, but Canaan is just second rate guns crazy chick. I might even say Gunslinger girls might be able to beat Canaan.

Group photo album uploaded.
http://www.theanimenetwork.com/component/option,com_community/Itemid,79/albumid,434/groupid,836/task,album/view,photos/

Just watched the last episode on VOD and have to say I’m very happy with the job on the dub.

Well, since DirecTV has been having problems with getting all the episodes uploaded on time, I’ve had to watch the subbed version of the finale. Nevertheless, it was mind-blowing. All I can say is Yun Yun is my hero!

She is my favorite character from the series.

Yun Yun is cute and all, but the best one has to be…(drum roll, please) wait for it…

BAM!!!

Liang Qi

Maria is my favorite so the way that Yun Yun stepped up and saved Maria is what makes her my hero.

You one sick puppy, tonka… but I’ve always suspected that. :stuck_out_tongue:

What’s wrong with Tonka’s choice? I always thought that Liang Qi was a very complex and endearing character. :wink:

That was a fantastic ending to a wonderful story. All of the characters, even the minor ones, were great too. The dub was amazing and the way everything came together just left me in awe.

Nothing wrong with it, Wicca. I was just imagining tonka with welts all over his body from all those airsoft pellets and a wry little grin on his face… :ohmy:

You’re so bad Newshawk! :laugh: