Captain Earth / Kyaputen Asu

Naked young girl in see-through device asleep? Check!
Strange friendship created between imprisoned alien boy and earth boy? Check!
Boys visit naked girl and release her and try to run away with her? Check
Queue bad mecha anime theme song and Sentai to buy it? Check, and CHECK!

Is this Godannar Season 3, or Gravion Season3? Candidate for Goddess Season 2? Xenoglossia Season3? or just Gundam-wannabe #21126?

This story got old after Voltron became vehicles. Can get get more stories like Patlabor where the mechs work on Earth, not just to fight some strange alien force that has Team rabbits to defend us? G Gundam where he was fighting in something like tournaments or such was a good change of pace, but I am really tired of the plotline

Can we try something else already? 30 years of giant robots defending the Earth, is this really the best technology can do or must every anime now be a copy of Ender’s Game?

RoboTech, etc…who hasn’t seen a giant robot defending the Earth from an alien invasion yet? How about more aliens that come to marry the own of a local bath house like Valkyrie? You aren’t really going to beat the RoboTech mechs or Gundam’s anyway because they set the bar way too high many years ago. I mean a robot that is a bike or a plane that is also a Transformer without needing some satelite in orbit to put it together and launch it? Where is mine!

I have my Zero Wing model still in the box to put together one day and probably have a Valkyrie (the robot, not the alien wanting to marry the bath house owner) somewhere in a box as well.

Bored and can’t sleep so watched the first episode of this and that is already what I am thinking. They even went old-school giving him an original Laser Tag™ gun in silver! Oooooooooh!

Someone tell me this isn’t just another Gravion, Godannar or the like and gets better?

I thought that this was supposed to be Rahxephon redux. Gravion and Godannar were intentionally hokey shows about fanservice and mecha was just a means to that end. I got the impression that Captain Earth was a bit too serious for that.

It wouldn’t be sporting to take the aliens out before they get to earth. The Bushido code of mecha states that alien invaders must be allowed to land and then challenged to a round of disembodied fist fisticuffs by earth’s premiere mech. :slight_smile:

Ender’s Game had mecha? Gundam had bona fide aliens?

Well it does have a little less T&A devotion as those, so probably closer to Majestic Prince, but still, there has been enough of those kids of shows lately, you would think other people would be tired of them, because if the theme was that good, then why doesn’t any of these shows last and keep going? Is everyone jsut trying to make the one that can go as long as One Piece?

Why do they need to keep going? If a show is good and can tell a complete story in XX amount of episodes, why does it need to continue? I liked Captain Earth, I liked that there was a resolution to the main story. There was something at the end that could go in the direction of a sequel if they decided to pursue it, but it’s not necessary for them to do so.

The thing is most of them don’t finish. they just leave off with room for a sequel/new season, but never come back to it. The bigger problem is that int he case of Cpt Earth, it is really jsut another Majestic Prince, I am even thinking the episodes line up their stories pretty close as well with the events.

IT is like Hollywood, one person making a Mythology movie, then 3 other studios make one too.

Shingu found a good place to finish after telling the story of the Shingu. Sure I would love more of the Federation and Alliance and Jiltosh, but the story was told. We don’t have 600 other anime coming out telling the story of Shingu, it was unique in how it did it.

The mecha shows ont he other hand are a dime a dozen. Having to wait for the final episode of this season, so far it has ran like Gurren Laggan (predictable)… though a lot less silly, and Majestic Prince VERY closely. It even had the Voltron Castle in the show to say “Hey! We are ripping off everything!”

I jsut want to see a new story, not Russel Crowe’s Robin Hood. I have Robin Hood stories that are better and more appealing than a wanna be documentary that leaves you not really caring about the characters at all.

Not to say Akira, Hana, Teppie and Daichi aren’t interesting, but the story has been done before, and to death.How many times can Disney remake Alice in Wonderland before people say, “OK, ENOUGH!”. Would a new movie every year be too many?

How many times can they tell and how many ways can they tell Gundam stories? They try something new each time. Big O was a new twist to mecha. The problem is when you end up with the same story over and over, you have little to expect from the next episode because you have seen ift all before.

People want new stories, not the same story told by a different writer. (see American comic book problems).

Maybe Aldonah Zero or whatever it is called does something new that isn’t Tenchi meets Evangelion like Dual: Parallel Trouble Adventure, but let Tenchi be Tenchi, Evangelion be Evangelion, and come up with a new story unless you are trying to be Hayate Combat Butler or Gintama that is supposed to enforce that it is ripping off everything for the jokes of doing so.

Maybe the second season will add something other than a rehash of a tired story premise, but the first 24 episodes have all been done before, just switch genders, swap hair and eye colors, and you have seen it before.

Like SAOII bringing in the new element that isn’t .hack with GGO, it just needs a new story rathr than trying to build solely off something else.

I mean really the show is hard to tell for me where Majestic Prince ends and Captain Earth begins, or what makes them really different. Too many shows are just cut and paste from other shows these days it seems, and that is the problem and what I see here. :frowning:

Episode 21 is live at ANO

1 Like

Episode 22 is live at ANO

Episode 23 is live at ANO

Episode 24 is live at ANO

Episode 25 :end: is live at ANO

Collection 1 Cover/Disc Art

DVD

Blu-ray

Collection 2 Cover/Disc Art

DVD

Blu-ray