Computers & Technology

And here I’ve just gotten in on the 3D thing, having seen my first 3D film ever. All my pals, and the previously-high price, had dissuaded me for years but it was actually a cool experience.

Though I suspect James Cameron himself explained years ago why 3D was destined to fizzle out: the FPS is too low. While the polarized glasses gave me the full 24 Hz to each eye, my dabbling with 3D has me thinking that both he and Peter Jackson were right about it needing a higher FPS.

I’ve heard that with UHD, blu-ray now has official support for high frame rate , but it lost official support for 3d? Weird. It also seems like TVs that have all the must-have features nowadays (4K, HDR, FreeSync/VESA Adaptive Sync, 120+ Hz) don’t offer 3D support.

3D shows you a window into reality; the higher frame rate takes the glass out of the window

^James Cameron

We were flooded with 3D Blu-Ray players at the peak of that bubble. Wal-Mart, Target, Best Buy and especially Tiger Direct ( RIP ) had huge stocks to the point where you had to search to find non-3D players.

Then they just stopped selling and suddenly the 3D players & TV’s were being blown-out. I think it materially contributed to Tiger Direct’s failure, though there were other, bigger, problems.

Since I’m in the Orlando metro area our experience here may not have been the same as elsewhere. But, I don’t think we were all that much different from other parts of the U. S.

Mark Gosdin

1 Like

Ok, all you brainiacs, I have something weird.

I just printed a six-page LIST and at the top of each page are page numbers. But instead of “Page 1 of 6”, I’m getting “Page 1 of 1”, “Page 2 of 2”, “Page 3 of 3”, etc.

Did I do something funky? Or do I just need to have my hubby look at this when he gets home? (He’s in a meeting right now.)

2 Likes

Typically that’s a programming error. What application were you in? Was it a web browser?

Mark Gosdin

2 Likes

LOLOL, I knew this was going to cause questions.

All updates current

Windows 10 / Edge browser
Word Document

Printing to HP InkJet

Guess I mainly just need to know where to look for the problem.

2 Likes

I believe Word can be setup to generate custom versions of the “Page # of #” in the Header or Footer. I would look at the Header settings in Word ( I don’t remember how to do that since I haven’t used it years. ) to see if the format is messed up.

It looks like “Total Page Count” isn’t being used. Should be something like “Page” (Current Page Count) “of” (Total Page Count) but looks like “Page” (Current Page Count) “of” (Current Page Count) was used.

Sorry, that’s about all I can do to point you in the correct direction.

Mark Gosdin

4 Likes

I found the place to change it. It now just says “Page 1”, “Page 2”, etc.

Good Lord, is this Monday again?

Thank you! @mgosdin

3 Likes

What’s wrong with a 3d bluray player though?

At least we still have MicroCenter, against the odds.

Nothing, just that they were more expensive than the non-3D players were at that time. Once the 3D bubble burst then then 3D players were cheaper for a while. It was more my Penny-Pincher habits than anything else.

Mark Gosdin

New Alarm App Offers Wake-Up Calls from SSSS.GRIDMAN Girls

March 18, 2019 3:08pm CDT
Rikka and Akane will have new art and voice lines in -If your smile- app

blahblahblah similar post well its appropriate for both places you stupid automated wanna-be forum software that isnt worth the paper it is printed on. and seeing it isnt printed on any paper… its obviously worth nothing. :man_facepalming:

Europe just passed sweeping new copyright rules that Big Tech hates

March 26, 2019

Why isn’t the newfangled USB Type-C connector port backwards compatible with classic Micro USB?

My buddy needed to charge up his newer Samsung but couldn’t as all of the chargers and power packs on hand were Micro USB :frowning:

Why not a hybrid 2-in-1 port, like the cool idea from yesteryear of combining eSATA & USB ports on PCs? Or doing what smartphones used to do and just have multiple ports?

2 Likes

Get KonoSuba Heroine Megumin’s Talking App for Your Smartphone

April 15, 2019 3:10am EDT / Crunchyroll
More characters from KADOKAWA’s popular series will join the lineup soon

2 Likes

What? and retire Asuna?..

1 Like

Baidu’s Facemoji Keyboard Brings Sanrio Anime Characters to Life via Augmented Reality

Apr 26th 2019

2019-04-29T04:00:00Z

1 Like

Strike the Blood Heroines’ Alarm Clock App to Be Available in This Early Summer

April 30, 2019 8:10pm CDT
More than 280 words are newly recorded by the original anime voice actresses

No Senpai, This is our Alarm

So, my computer just poped up a message from MS about the Windows 7 EOL. I don’t like them doing that, not one tiny bit. I barely trust them to do the patching that they say they are going to stop doing. The figures that I’ve seen show that Win 7 still has about the same market share as Win 10. I know my employer has a lot of machines still running it and in some cases they can’t be upgraded as the software the company uses does not support anything higher than Windows 7.

I hope MS gets pushed into supporting Windows 7 for a good while longer.

Mark Gosdin

2 Likes

You Can Win Rikka VA’s Autograph in SSSS.GRIDMAN Alarm App Campaign

May 03, 2019 2:10am CDT
Rikka and Akane’s original voice cast newly record more than 600 words