Cosplay Complex

Cosplay Complex

Genres: comedy
Themes: cosplay, ecchi, fanservice
Objectionable content: Intense
Number of episodes: 3
Vintage: 2002-05-25

Plot Summary: Chako and her friends are members of the struggling club the Cosplay Association at East Oizuka Academy that dreams of going all the way to the Cosplay World Series. Can these girls, with the help of a new member and a magic fairy get well on the way to becoming Cosplay champions. Clothing and costumes will fly as we find out.

Cosplay Complex info on ANN

1 Like

I got to watch this when I first subscribbed up to Anime Network VOD last year, and since I was just starting to get into anime more heavily, I wasn’t actually watching everything we had at the time.

However, interestingly enough, it was a toss up between this and Nurse Witch Komugi of being my favorite things on at that time.

I really enjoyed this one, though with it being awhile since I watched it, coupled with watching so much anime since, I don’t rightly remember much about it other than I enjoyed it.

This is one of few older ADV stuff I haven’t seen. I do want to see it though. It’s on my ever increasing ADV to buy list. (Glares at PP’s collection)

It’s on mine as well.
I was so going to buy the Magical Play/Cosplay Complex Double Pack when it came out, but they canceled that release.

Yeah that’s the combo I was hoping for too, but rather what eventually came out was the Dear Marie combo with it. Wonder if the retailers said no to Magical Play LOL.

Hey is that bald guy on the cover as funny as I’m imagining, in the actual anime? I keep cracking up when I see that cover. :slight_smile:

He’s actually their manager if I remember correctly, but yeah, he was pretty funny, though it really is a vague memory I’m working off of.

Actually the Cosplay Complex/My Dear Marie DVD Double Pack came out first then they announced the other double pack with Magical Play and I guess something happened to make them not release it.

My Dear Marie is still a decent little OAV. Worth a pick up on its own if that helps.

Ah you’re right, it predated it by 7-8 months. Wonder if Retailers said no to both then (MP and CC x2) lol.

Actually PP was just telling me about My Dear Marie, as that’s another title I haven’t seen yet. Sounds like this combo might work better for me since I thought Magical Play was alright but not something I’d personally wanna watch again. Mostly I’d just wanna own it for collectors purposes since my goal at one point is to have everything ADV ever got (slowly but surely).

I saw a few episodes last week. It was very…funny. I recommended it to a couple of friends and they really enjoyed it. They were male, of course, and thought it was great fun. I just need to see the rest of it myself. I even recognized some of the girl’s costumes. I think Chako dresses up like Utena at one point. Very cute!

I have this; if you saw “a few” episodes, you’ve seen the whole thing basically, I think there’s only three episodes total. The original release fits on one DVD. It’s funny and cute and parodies some “standard” anime trope at the same time.

Better get this ASAP!
Definitely a fun anime

Sadly, like most of the animes I like, it’s only a few episodes long
Chako reminds me of Padudu from Magical Play haha, just the pink hair and the way she acts haha

At least PaniPoni Dash was a longer one. :slight_smile: I remember you loved that.

dragoon wrote:

Yeah got lucky there…

But then I also like Nursewitch Komugi-chan, and that’s only 5 peisodes long :frowning:

Seriously, what’s up with that?
And you ask anyone if they like these animes and most will tell you that they did.

I seriously haven’t met many who actually dislike Magical Play, Nursewitch Komugi-chan, Yumeria, etc…