RightStuf Link
Coyote Ragtime Show DVD Complete Series (Hyb) - S.A.V.E. Edition

ANN Info Page

[quote]Genres: action, comedy, drama, science fiction, thriller
Themes: assassins, girls with guns, pirates, space western, treasure hunting
Objectionable content: Significant
Number of episodes: 12
Vintage: 2006-07-03 to 2006-09-18

Plot Summary: Mister is a “coyote” or space faring outlaw who has been sitting in prison for a year for a traffic offence. Ten days from release, he breaks out with the help of his old partners Bishop and Katana. He then seeks out Franka who has been left in his care by her dead father and takes her on a journey to find her father’s treasure. On their heels are the federal investigators Angelica and Chelsea as well as the android assassins of the Criminal Guild, Madame Marciano’s Twelve Sisters.[/quote]

It’s a show I’ve been looking at getting out of the Bargain Bin at RSI for a while now, I just haven’t bitten yet. I really enjoyed it when I saw it on TAN VOD.

This was the first series I watched on ANOD when I first got access to DirecTV on Demand. It is a rollicking ride with a larger than life cast and an interesting, if somewhat convoluted, story IIRC. I just think the series was a bit too rushed. I wish the series could have been a bit longer-perhaps six episodes more. Not to provide more story but to explore the back stories more-there are a load of back stories and just about everyone is related to everyone in one way or another. I guess it’s better to leave your audience wanting more instead of complaining that you’ve overstayed your welcome, though.

Definitely worth picking up.

This show definitely had it’s flaws, but it was a lot of fun. The characters were really likable and the action was great. I also love the claymation ending…lol

I grabbed this in singles as it came out. I loved the tin ADV put out for it. I really recommend this route, as it’s not only cheaper, but you get much better packaging.

This is another one of those shows that I want to buy, but haven’t gotte to it yet. Looks pretty interesting though. perhaps it could be another action series I enjoy. Action shows are very hit or miss for me, but this feels like something I could enjoy.

[quote=dragonrider_cody]
This show definitely had its flaws…[/quote]

You say that like it’s actually a unique concept, like most series are without flaws.

one of the few shows i wished was longer.

A flawless show? is there even such a thing?

I just finished this show about 10 minutes ago.

I want an Angelica spin-off.

If was a fine show that benefited from a great dub(except Franca, she sounded 30).

Seriously the best scenes were with Angelica.

[quote=Tonka]
one of the few shows i wished was longer.

A flawless show? is there even such a thing?[/quote]

It’s called FLCL :wink: .

[quote=mitamaking]
I just finished this show about 10 minutes ago.

If was a fine show that benefited from a great dub(except Franca, she sounded 30).

Seriously the best scenes were with Angelica.[/quote]

I want a prequel with Mister and Bruce the Pirate King.

God help me, I want the back story on Marciano and her Twelve Sisters!

And on, and on, and on…

Probably will go through this this/next week or whenever I have the time. I saw up to ep 3-ish before and thought it was pretty good.

ADV caught a lot of flack with the otaku-whiners for hyping up the series - but this is really the type of show they need to get more of, but perhaps this time… not spend the premium they did.

I agree Dragoon. ADV should have goten less Pani Poni Dash type shows and Jinki: Extend type shows, and more shows like this Gurren Lagann and Devil May Cry. Not because I like these types of show more (I don’t. I LOVE both PPD and JE !!), but it’s clear what types of shows sell, and what don’t. I love them for grabbing shows like that, but it didn’t seem to help them very much. Still I do want them to keep on bringing out those types of shows, for my sake, just not too many. I won’t be greedy :P. I’ll be happy for just a few.

This is the type of show that could have been a big seller/decent seller, if they got it on Adult Swim or something IMO. Shame it didn’t pan out for them. Let’s hope in the future, they get more of these types of shows, only don’t pay as much, like you said.

They could get Michiko To Hatchin. That was pretty funky.

It wouldn’t have matter what kind of shows they would have gotten , there’s always gonna be whinners out there.

Now here’s some cheese.

Prede perhaps as a business, but it’s the PPD type shows that earned ADV a cult-following which are the fans now that are supporting their rebirth. :wink: PPD’s biggest problem was ADV spent an enormous amount of money on the production. It was truly a labor of love, I might dare say it might be the most or at least one of the most researched and cared-for, complex subtitles of any anime TV series - the AD-Vidnotes are really beyond amazing.

In general though, I support getting all the SHAFT or Shinbo shows. :slight_smile:

The problem with getting more Gurren Lagann and Devil May Cry though is yes they sold like crazy, but the price-tags to get them were equally astronomical. But I certainly do hope Sentai will be on the look out for more break-through shows like those. I am confident Sentai and ADV still have people there that can pick gems, they picked Gurren Lagann before even anyone out west knew how big it was going to get. Hopefully they can strike gold again soon. :slight_smile:

Tonka definitely agree with you. Especially in today’s climate, anime fans are very tough to please. I think in the case of Coyote though, the amount of flack ADV got for hyping it up and promoting it was just beyond normal. Some of the Otaku’s made it sound like ADV killed a few people due to their pride of getting this show.

Ah yes, those types of shows are the reason I like them after all :stuck_out_tongue: . So it did help build them a strong set of fans I guess. But sadly it didn’t help them enough. I LOVE the AD-Vidnotes on Pani Poni Dash. AMAZING. Incredbly well rescourced that’s for sure. One of the BEST extra features out there IMO.

I do agree that the price tag was very high on those types of shows. So that didn’t help them make too much off them. But now that everything has come down in price, they should be able to make more money off shows like those. Just bid against Funi…there’s no one else left. Problem is…there really aren’t any shows like that left. Michiko To Hatchin is something I see going over well with the mainstream, if it got on Encore like Black Lagoon tho. Try and hit the same audience. Or maybe throw it on Adult Swim or SyFy. I do wonder if it would sell well without a Tv airing. That titles very risky IMO. Could be a big hit, or a big flop.

So, just finished up this series.

I actually liked this one a lot.
I had issues with parts of the soundtrack, but other highly enjoyable parts of it made up for that.

Overall, not a bad watch, though it did seem kind of crammed into 12 episodes.
I think it would have been better off as a slightly longer series, with a bit more indepth character developement parts.

What issues did you have with the soundtrack?

[quote=dragoon]
What issues did you have with the soundtrack?[/quote]

Even as broad as my musical likes are, anything remotely related to Jazz, I just can’t seem to stand.
Though the rest of it was pretty good, especially the main action theme with keys and guitar.

[quote=TheCoffeeGod]

[quote=dragoon]
What issues did you have with the soundtrack?[/quote]

Even as broad as my musical likes are, anything remotely related to Jazz, I just can’t seem to stand.
Though the rest of it was pretty good, especially the main action theme with keys and guitar.[/quote]

Sorry, CG, I have to give the score two BIG thumbs up! Of course, I am a huge Jazz fan… and will be until the diet kicks in! :S

So, the question. Mister, is he GAR or not GAR. I tend to lean toward GAR. He is like a manly pirate. I have told people looking for an older cast of characters to check this one out. Mister sort of breaks the mold.