September 08, 2021 1:03pm CDT
Series drops on Netflix on November 19

Netflix’s Live-Action Cowboy Bebop Show to ‘Expand’ on Anime’s Canon

posted on 2021-09-22 04:45 EDT by Rafael Antonio Pineda
Series will not be full-on remake, will add original stories

Have to admit, this is pretty decent

Cowboy Bebop | Opening Credits | Netflix

2 Likes

My first impression was that the scene of the little ship taking off looked alright.

I wonder why this looks like people just filmed normally with a camera, that it doesn’t have that “cinematic” look to it. I expected it to look more like a Western in the way that it was shot, or like Firefly I suppose.

If Netflix had hired Nathan Fillion and the rest of the Firefly crew to do an adaptation of Outlaw Star, and had made it look like Firefly, then that could’ve been the way to really win as that would have been two fanbases in one…and Melfina would have fixed the biggest problem with Firefly. If Summer Glau had been kept in the box, Firefly would’ve have been canceled: Change my mind :wink:

If our pal Nathan were too busy, maybe Brendan Fraser could’ve been called out of retirement?

How do Japanese fans feel about Netflix’s live-action Cowboy Bebop opening sequence?

2021-09-28T02:30:00Z
Can the preview video win hearts after the cool response to the first still photos for Netflix’s Cowboy Bebop adaptation?

It’s…something, alright.

Original Cowboy Bebop Cast Reprise Roles for Japanese Dub of Live-Action Series

posted on 2021-10-12 19:00 EDT by Alex Mateo
Netflix begins streaming original anime worldwide on October 20

Netflix’s Cowboy Bebop Jams to a Familiar Tune in 1st Teaser Trailer

October 19, 2021 7:35am CDT
The live-action series docks on Netflix on November 19

Strange Activity on Cowboy Bebop Social Media Could Be Work of Hacker “Radical Edward”

October 19, 2021 1:25pm CDT
What does the mysterious entity want with the upcoming Netflix remake?

How do Japanese fans feel about Netflix Cowboy Bebop trailer with return of anime voice actors?

2021-10-20T13:15:00Z
Original voices for Spike, Faye, and more reprise roles for live-action adaptation.

Netflix U.S. Adds Live Action Cowboy Bebop in November

posted on 2021-10-24 11:15 EDT by Adriana Hazra

Netflix’s Live-Action Cowboy Bebop Show Streams Trailer

posted on 2021-10-26 20:04 EDT by Adriana Hazra
Series premieres on November 19

Japanese fans react to full trailer for Netflix live-action Cowboy Bebop with original voice cast

2021-10-27T05:00:00Z
Anime fans are sounding more likely to heed the call when it’s coming from the voices of the original Spike and Faye.

Cowboy Bebop Cast Ask Each Other Questions | Cowboy Bebop | Netflix Anime

Behind the Scenes With Yoko Kanno | Cowboy Bebop | Netflix Anime

ANN Interview: Cowboy Bebop Costume Designer Jane Holland

by Jacki Jing, Nov 17th 2021

2021-11-18T23:25:00Z

Cowboy Bebop | Steve Aoki Tank! Remix | Netflix

Cowboy Bebop Live Action Reaction ft. Trash Taste and N-ko | Netflix Anime

WARNING: The following contains major spoilers for Cowboy Bebop, streaming now on Netflix.

2021-11-19T17:30:00Z

WARNING: The following contains major spoilers for Cowboy Bebop, streaming now on Netflix.

2021-11-19T21:30:00Z

2021-11-20T03:30:00Z

2 episode in and…mmm, naw…not feeling it.
Like I’ve said: anime antics do not translate to live action.

Looks and feel too much like a Robert Rodriguez ‘grindhouse’ affair: that fake stage-play feeling atmosphere, where even though they’re outside in the open still feels like their in a soundstage with the environment green-screend.
The fights feel slow & sluggish, like they’re counting the steps in their head - “one, two, three” “one, two, three.”

1 Like

Cowboy Bebop | Space Jazz to Chase Bounties and Cook Beef and Broccoli to | Netflix

1 Like

Cowboy Bebop | In Conversation with Steve Aoki & John Cho | Netflix

What’s wrong with Netflix’s live-action Cowboy Bebop? The characters, our old-school fan says

2021-11-23T14:00:00Z
These aren’t the cowboys, or the villain, that defined the classic anime, our veteran Bebop fan says.

On Set With John Cho | Cowboy Bebop | Netflix