Crunchyroll News

Y’all think this will probably mean the end of VRV as well?

Not sure about anyone else, but I used VRV for Dubs, and Crunchyroll for Subs. Therefore, if Funi will no longer be partnered with Crunchy, then VRV will probably lose it’s lasting appeal…

Wonder if this has anything to do with Sony ?
This kind of makes it a little harder to decide if I want to pick up a subscription now as I was going to just get the VRV one . I think I might just wait and see where this all ends up by next year .

1 Like

Changes to VRV Premium

by Melissa Hirahara/October 18, 2018

Unfortunately, Funimation has decided to go their own way, and our partnership with them will be winding down on November 9th.

We are incredibly proud to announce our newest partner: HIDIVE, a dynamic new member of the anime streaming world.

(click link for entire article)

1 Like

We’ll probably have all the info by November 9th.

@Series5Ranger You think that means the Crunchy/Funi sets will be discontinued by 2020?

@Slowhand We get HiDive!!! Well, there’s an interesting turn of events in the past hour!

1 Like

So does this mean VRV will be giving HiDive a hand making a Roku app? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Added another article.

1 Like

I’m just going to keep posting all this news in this thread, so as not to be confusing.

1 Like

I think that every CR Title they’ve Simuldubbed up to Winter 2018 will be released on physical media. After that they’d have to negotiate on a per title basis like before.

It sucks because I was hoping Strike the Blood would get a Funi Release and a dub, but I still have the Discotek set,

Edit: if this means I can get Physical releases for Fate / Kaleid 3rei, Locodol Eps 14 & 15, Trinity 7 movie as well, I’m all for it)

Edit 2: By the way, any title that Funimation directly Simuldubbed of CR’s (Example: Darling in the FranXX) the dub will be staying on Funimation Now, anything they did not (ie The Testament of Sister New Devil) may or may not be leaving the service

1 Like

By the way here’s Funi’s announcement Blog:
https://www.funimation.com/blog/2018/10/18/faq-funimationnow-subs-dubs-one-place/

and the important quote:

• Will shows currently available on FunimationNow be affected?

• As mentioned above, a handful of dubbed shows will come off FunimationNow and several hundred subbed shows will soon be available on FunimationNow.

• Fan-favorite shows like Attack on Titan, Dragon Ball Super, Fairy Tail, My Hero Academia, and Tokyo Ghoul among many other great titles will be available in both subbed and dubbed episodes on FunimationNow. Similarly, shows that were acquired during the partnership will continue to available as dubbed episodes on FunimationNow.

1 Like

So I get stuck in meetings and this happens while I’m gone. :crazy_face:

It took two years for Funimation / CrunchyRoll to reach this point, that means it will take quite a bit of unwinding to get the two catalogs straight & separated. Never mind that some of the Japanese Production Committees may have a word or two to say. No wonder the articles are short on specific title information.

Wheee!

Mark Gosdin

3 Likes

2 Likes

see that new CR video player that doesnt work on Playstation pissed off Sony!

maybe they are trying to get Microsoft exclusive deal? for PC and Xbox, and Windows phones?

2 Likes

See, that’s what I meant. I leave for a few hours FuniRoll breaks up, dogs & cats curl up together and the elves get all giddy…

Mark Gosdin

2 Likes

Seeing as my household accounts for over 50% of all windows phones ( 3 of 5 total), I don’t think that the target market is big enough. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Mark Gosdin

1 Like

How to Make CURRY RICE! | Cooking with Anime

2 Likes

If anyone is interested, someone over at Fandom Post made a list of Crunchyroll/Funimation home video releases.

LINK

1 Like

Your Anime News Brief - Re:ZERO, Overlord, and Other Delusions Edition

October 22, 2018 11:00am CDT
Top stories for the week of 10/15 - 10/22

2 Likes

Re:ZERO Memory Snow Trailer, KONOSUBA Movie Release, & MORE! | Anime Recap

2 Likes

Crunchyroll Surpasses 2 Million Subscribers

posted on 2018-10-26 17:00 EDT by Rafael Antonio Pineda

2 Likes

How to Make ONIGIRI! | Cooking with Anime