Crunchyroll News

So CR fixes the website sub/dub but not the streaming apps. Where it’s the worse issue because they put the language it is at the very end of the title instead of at the beginning or separating them. Really a pain for long mouthful titles.

4 Likes

Four Three things…

1) Noticed this change about 2 weeks ago, right around the time my free 3-year subscription expired. It took them THAT long to announce the change…

1. This information is not completely accurate. Any unwatched shows still have the audio drop-down menu, and it records whichever language you watched last as the default audio for each series. A perfect example is that I have audio selection set to Japanese by default, but Trigun Stampede loads dub, as I had watched that before the most recent update.

2. I must add that while it does streamline the multiple season issue (on the website, at least…), The fact remains that now if you want to experience a different audio for a specific show, you’re gonna have to jump through a lot of hoops…

3. The last time I checked, this update doesn’t apply to all dubs, however. Ayakashi Triangle still has an audio drop-down menu, to select either Japanese or German audio…

4 Likes

The article is dated January 31, 2023, I just found it.

5 Likes

Fixed my post! Lol.

4 Likes

Besides changing the language preference on your account, you can also change it through the gear icon on a video.

2 Likes

Watch More Dubbed Anime on Crunchyroll With New Dub Discoverability Feature

February 21, 2023 11:00am CST
Watch your favorite anime subbed or dubbed with the latest Crunchyroll app feature

2 Likes

Looks like they did it to a couple at least. The android app now functions like that as well.

2 Likes

They’re probably rolling it out platform by platform.

3 Likes

So we can expect them to break the Roku app sooner or later. :rofl:

3 Likes

Crunchyroll Lays Off Approximately 85 Employees Globally - News - Anime News Network

posted on 2023-02-21 17:15 EST by Lynzee Loveridge
Sources: Not cost-saving measure but resolving redundancy between Crunchyroll, Funimation

4 Likes

Where to Watch the 2023 Anime Awards

February 22, 2023 11:00am CST
Get ready for the show to kick off on March 4 at 1:30am PT!

Anime of the Year Nominee Spotlight: Lycoris Recoil

February 22, 2023 11:00am CST
It’s an amazing show that blends action and heart better than most

2 Likes

Crunchyroll Announces Japanese Presenters for 2023 Anime Awards

February 23, 2023 10:00am CST
Haruka Kaki, Kendo Kobayashi, Roland and Sawa Suzuki will present at the March 4 event!

Anime Awards 2023 Category Spotlight: Best OP/ED Sequence

February 23, 2023 10:00am CST
Here’s the list of extremely listenable nominees

2023 Anime Awards Reveals Performances by ALI, KOHTA YAMAMOTO and Yuki Kajiura

February 23, 2023 11:00am CST
Special musical showcases will commemorate past Anime Awards winners

2023 Anime Awards - Tune-in March 4th!

Crunchyroll’s Winter Season feat. The Edge by ATARASHII GAKKO!

INTERVIEW: Meet Anime Awards Judge cavernadiplatone

February 28, 2023 2:00pm CST
We’ll be talking about what it was like to be a judge and what he looked for when selecting nominees

Yuki Kajiura to Perform Hit Demon Slayer: Mugen Train Song at 2023 Anime Awards

February 28, 2023 6:00pm CST
You’ll be able to see the landmark performance when the event goes down on March 4

Crunchyroll Button to Be Featured on 2023 Sony BRAVIA TV Remotes

March 01, 2023 9:30am CST
Latest in the BRAVIA line offers the world’s fastest access to anime

INTERVIEW: Meet Anime Awards Judge Alejo N. Correa

March 01, 2023 2:00pm CST
Ramen Para Dos’ Alejo N. Correa joins us for a new judge interview!

2 Likes

:man_facepalming:

3 Likes

Is it any different that the Netflix button on some TV remotes?

5 Likes

I mean I guess it’s no different then Roku putting the Roku button. Just feels a little more pushing since CR is Anime focused.

4 Likes

Just a little warning. Check CR and Viz disc when you get them. Seeing reports of disc not playing or disc scratched up from both.

4 Likes

Thanks for the heads up, Pup!

Now… If they’d release something I’d like to purchase…

4 Likes