Daphne in the Brilliant Blue / Hikari to Mizu no Daphne

can you say conspiracy?

yoka

Agreed -

It is definitely tied to Elpida somehow. But itā€™s a question of finding it and exploring it. Good thing they have a sub now. :wink:

ep. 21

Maia line about rising to the surface and by the looks of it someone at the Ocean Agency wanting to kill her seems to confirm the underwater city connection. I think we will get a lot of answers in the next episode.

You know what I think?

I think Renaā€™s going to flip when she finds out what she let walk out of the office when she let Maia leave!

i know someone that needs to go watch ep 21 instead of puttin out xmas presentsā€¦
ill go tell himā€¦

whispers to self
ahhā€¦ yes i forgot today was thursday the anime day!!

damn i need to get on my shows!
and all that free premium stuff tooooooo!!!

kinda drunk,
yoka

Episode 21 -

spoiler

Maia is finally taking the test for the Ocean Agency, but canā€™t concentrate due to her recent adventure and ends up erasing all her answers. Poor thing has so many unanswered questions to deal with!
And then there is a mysterious meeting at what looks like the Ocean Agency to talk about ā€œthe girlā€. They say that there is no time to re-program her and they will have to ā€œtake care of herā€. You know that they are discussing Maia and the man with the sunglasses seems to be connected to them.
When the team goes after a white slavery ring, Shizuka gets shot saving Maia and Rena fires her, because her past is more important than her job. Maia ends up getting caught by the slavers herself and calls for her brother to save her and it looks like the guy in the sunglasses will come to her rescue again, but gets interrupted by the arrival of a car.
Itā€™s Millie! What is she doing here? Interesting. Anyway, Maia says ā€œSome day weā€™ll all be able to surfaceā€ and then faints. And the episode ends with the man in sunglasses walking towards them. No! Donā€™t stop there! I want to know more!
In any case, I am loving the suspense!

Episode 22 was very exciting!

spoiler

It picks up right from the end of the last episode, with Maia being saved from the slavers by Millie and the guy in the sunglasses. Just before she passes out in Millieā€™s arms, she says that line again ā€“ ā€œsomeday weā€™ll all be able to surfaceā€. Then we get a flashback and much of Maiaā€™s mystery memory loss is solved!!
And it turns out that Millie is the great granddaughter of the bodyguard, Ai, that protected her when she was little. And the guy in the sunglasses, Tony Long, is from the Ocean Agency Security Division; he was assigned to follow and protect her.
Then men break into Millieā€™s house and take Maia. They are from the Ocean Agency!! Now what? There seems to be something that someone wants to keep secret, especially now that Maia is starting to remember. Wow!!

Ep. 22

Wow, never expected Maia to be over a 100 years old! This episode had some very interesting twists. Also looks like the Ocean Agency Intelligence and Security branches have very different agenda. I like that Nereids is going in after her next episode. Still expect her to stay with Nereids at the end of the series.

ep 22 blew my mindā€¦

conspiracy like whoa!!!

yoka

IMHO:

Theyā€™re afraid when she remembers everything it will expose the Ocean Agency as having been involved in something that prevented that city from returning to the surface. Thereā€™s still a lot more for her to remember leading up to her time in the pod. I wonder though now just who her ā€œgrandfatherā€ actually was? He still seems to have been someone who truly cared for her.

yeah i didnt even think about thatā€¦ i wonderā€¦

yoka

Rebecca1/2, you hit the nail on the head!

If Maia is 100 years old, then that man could not have possibly been her grandfather. Unless it is another survivor? Or perhaps someone from the Ocean Agency? Another mystery to be solved!! And Iā€™m sure youā€™re right about the Ocean Agency being involved with the mystery of the city too.

What happened to episodes 23 and 24? I hope we get back on track next week.

However, did you notice the ā€œblooperā€ in the scene with the butler standing at the gate looking for the servers for the party?

The boom mike dropped into the sot for a few seconds. While this was animation, it made the ā€œvideoā€ seem somehow more realistic for me-perhaps because Iā€™ve held the mic boom a time or two in my life!

Trying to figure out what the deal is with the bonus episodes. One person says Bonus Episode 1 fits between 22 and 23. Another says donā€™t watch them till after 24 for them to make sense. Should I wait or just watch them now?

I did note that next week Ep 23 is scheduledā€¦ so I guess Iā€™ll just watch the Bonus Ep now and then Ep 23 & 24ā€¦ then see if we get the second Bonus Ep after that.

is it out of order? like am i going to ruin the rest of the series if i watch the bonus ep now?

yoka

I really donā€™t think it matters. I watched it and I doubt it ruined anything for me.

Yes, Newshawk, I did see that ā€œblooperā€. It really added to what they were doing. :laugh:

Bonus Episode 1 -

spoiler

This episode was a PR video for Nereids. An odd episode (in relation to the story), but it had some very funny moments. Actually the whole episode made me laugh!
I thought it was hysterical when Maia was dressed as a cat and Shizuka a bunny, that Maia was very embarrassed by their skimpy outfits. But it looked to me that they were covered more than usual!
Funny too, to see Gloria dressed as a school girl and Yu as a blonde dominatrix whipping ā€œPeter Panā€. And Rena being Rena of course.
But I didnā€™t get that they kept putting their hands over their heads like ballerinas when they mentioned ā€œNereidsā€. I know Nereids are sea nymphs in Greek mythology, but I donā€™t see the connection to the pose (maybe it will make sense later on). Still, it added to the humor of the episode.

:grinning:

Just saw the bonus episode and no danger in watching it now. It is a very strange but funny episode. I really got to get this series on DVD.

The second Sentai set of this series has a reversible cover for anyone interested. No idea of what as I have the taker of space 8 disc Geneon set.

Episode 23 -

So, Maia has her complete memory back! And the Ocean Agency is going to erase it. Why? What knowledge does she have that they donā€™t want getting out? It also looks like she is having trouble placing her grandfather, so maybe he really isnā€™t her grandfather after all.
It was a very exciting rescue. I knew Rena would show up when she was most needed! And they are finally going to Elpida! It was nice of Kevin to give them the coordinates to the lost city. But I wonder what Tony Long wants from the crooks?