Daphne in the Brilliant Blue / Hikari to Mizu no Daphne

Ep. 23

The grandfather has to be an actor hired to play the part and keep an eye on her. I do think he came to really love her though. As for the crooks sure they will help out before the end. As for what Maia knows bet it deals with the real reason why the city did not rise to the surface.
I did like the rescue and the fake Maia but knew she was a fake before the wig was pulled. Gloria and Yu may be scary but they make great friends.

Not sure about that -

I think the grandfather is more than just an actor. Just canā€™t put my finger on it, but I think he is related to Maia in some way. He said the word ā€œDaphneā€ before he died - how did he know to say that?

He could be her older brother but that still means he would have to be over 100.

That is a very good possibility too!

I like that solution, even if the age thing is a problem. Might he have been found in a pod as well? If Maia was in a pod for 100 years, he might have been in one for 50. I am liking this brother idea more & more. I hope they do say who he really is though and we arenā€™t left hanging.

my brain is about to explode with all these possibilities!!
i hope its rightā€¦
and by the way ā€¦ good episodeā€¦

can you say butt cheeks?

yoka

I had no idea about this. Thanks for sharing the info. I need to grab this set sometime soon, so I can complete my collection.

I knew we kept you around for something, besides yelling at noobs that canā€™t use the search function :wink:

Ep. 24 a very good episode.

spoiler

Well three of my calls were right.

1. Grandfather was her older brother. He just got woke up sooner.*

2. Maia did stay with Nereids. Canā€™t blame her after the actions of the Ocean Agency.

3. Wong-Chang-Lee brothers and sister May did save them.

Elpida falling to a bio-hazard was a surprise. I bet it was the fault of the people who attacked Maiaā€™s dad. At least one bright side at that apparent depth the breach would have killed everyone almost instantly.
Was nice Maia found her time capsule. Loved the scenes during the closing credits including the sub being stolen again.

Right on the money ShawnMerrow! :slight_smile:

Episode 24 -

spoiler

This was a very satisfying conclusion to the story. All the important questions got answered. Maia finally got to Elpida and remembered the awful truth. But that one moment when the doll hit the sub made me jump! It was creepy!
I did think it was odd that Tony sent the crooks to protect Maia. I wonder why he didnā€™t go himself. And the time capsule ended up containing a recording of her birthday ā€“ a nice keepsake for her. Her brother was pretending to be her grandfather. It must have been awful for him to keep everything from her, although he did try to tell her in his own way. Very sad that he died without her knowing who he really was at the time.
And it seems that she stays with Nereids. Well, after what the Ocean Agency put her through, I canā€™t blame her.
The end credits were fun too. The crooks stole the sub again!

:grinning:

I was confused a bit at the end, it made it look like they started over again what with the entry test and all. But I wasnā€™t surprised when Maia turned up with Nereids either. Iā€™d forgotten about the loose end of who her grandfather really was, though, so it was a surprise to find out he was her brother. The ending wasnā€™t bad, but it could have had more of an epilouge (is there another bonus episode coming though?) ā€¦

Tony could be ordered back by the Ocean Agency. The crooks would just ignore any order. That is my guess why he sent them.

That is a very good possibility, ShawnMerrow. I didnā€™t think of it that way.

May I give an alternative scenario?

I think Tony knew he would have to be a ā€œrear guardā€, to prevent any possible interference with the attack sub from the Ocean Agency. He needed a competent crew-well, at least one that he knew had operated a submarine before. Remember, they arenā€™t really ā€œcrooksā€ they are just salvage/treasure hunters with some, um, unorthodox methods to ply their trade.

That could have been it too. They really should have been a little more clear on this part. It is the only loose end that bothered me. But not too much! :silly:

I thought bonus episode 1 was strange. It was nothing compared to #2.

Gloria and Maia do the body swap after running into a magic vending machine. Seeing their mannerisms in each others bodies was very funny. Of course Maia gets taken hostage. Gloria tries to get lucky with a guy. The ending was funny as hell.

It was hysterical ShawnMerrow! :lol:

Gloria and Maia switch bodies! It was so funny watching them trying to pretend to be each other and seeing the different lives they lead outside the office. The branch manager was pretty smart in guessing that they switched, but Rena dismisses his observation - donā€™t know how she couldnā€™t see it.
Too bad that Gloria finally found her dream guy while in Maiaā€™s body. Pretty funny scenario there too! For a minute there, it looked like Maia was going to get her body back not only all beat up but ā€œusedā€ as well.
Then, when they may finally be able switch back to themselves, more body switching occurs that is even funnier! :lol:

Poor Maia, of all people to get stuck where she got stuckā€¦

At least she gets a chance to see how the other half lives.

Bonus. 2

Just wait till she has to go to the bathroom. :ohmy:

LOL ShawnMerrow!!

this show freakin awesome