Dear Rai

Dear Rai:

I bought a new calendar for 2010 featuring Inuyasha. It cost $2.00. That’s why I bought it. That is all.

Dear Rai,

Your Anime waifu will never love you and you will die a hikikomori virgin

Signed,
The one who hates you

To whom it may concern:

It was me.

Fondest Wishes,
the one who groped you.

outlander wrote:

[quote]Dear Rai,

Your Anime waifu will never love you and you will die a hikikomori virgin

Signed,
The one who hates you[/quote]

did wolfo steal outlander’s password?

Dear rai,

I am sorry I did not write you yesterday, I just pulled a double shift and I was a bit exhausted, and I still had homework to do. It was not bad working a double, gave me plenty to do on those days, however it’s killer on the legs since I am not really allowed much sitting time. That’s life you know?
Some details, I had a surprise visitor at work, my mother dropped by and she had some news about the adoption stuff and all that, turns out it will cost around $972 to get the whole deal done. There were a few other private family matters taken care of, but those details are best left out. When she left, I got a round of compliments to pass on to mom, still have yet to do that, but I will. Later in the evening (after my break, which explains my presence on the boards at 2-5pm) We had these bubbly visitors, I was already starting to wear down, it was getting a bit later and all that, but these folks turned the evening around. We had ourselves a jolly good time and took care of many orders that night. It all just piled up. Toward the end of the night we had the worst thing possible happen to us, customers came in at about 10 til 10 and we close at 10… Waiting ensues lol.
That was my day yesterday, extra hours made the day better. I am thinking its time I moved on with my culinary career and made a higher pay with lower hours. I am working myself dog tired up there, and I am not sure if they can afford to pay more. I am going to see what works better for me and then approach them about it, just to gain a bit more of a pay. I do owe them since they threw me a lifeline.
Today was a normal get up and go to class day, I accidentally dialed the Rod Ryan show today, it was one of those hilarious moments, it was great. “Good morning, Rod Ryan Show.” “Hey…, wait oops wrong number.” Went in to class and found out I was supposed to wear my uniform, naturally it was the day I did not have the uniform in my car. I was slightly upset, and curses ensued. I decided to push my luck and not go back home. My luck paid off, this time. While going in to sit in class I move to pick a chair, the only guy at the table is obviously nonsocial, “Seats taken…” What is this Forrest Gump? I merely reply, “Nice Try” If he was saving the seat he can just say I am saving this seat for a friend, I’ve got no beef with that, however his reference to Forrest Gump implies “No one is sitting there, but I don’t want you to sit here so shove off.” Naturally this is college, not the middle school lunch room. I sit down. this whole process happened in an instant. He then says, as I sit, “Do you want to die?” Two thought enter my mind, one: “Why kill someone over a chair?” Two: "Should I take him down now, or wait until I can talk with a chef?"
Naturally, I don’t move, I am not afraid, I forget my response to him, I believe it was along the lines of “uh huh, you can try”… I am watching him out of the corner of my eye and he get up and moves to sit next to someone else. Like I give a shit. The chef moves us to the regular classroom anyway. I did not need my uniform today, thank God. Iv’e told the chef, and I’ve confirmed he knows who I was telling him about. My whole thing is, I don’t want to have to walk around and worry if someone is going to shank me while I am at school. AiH is a rather prestigious school, so here’s hoping they opt to have him take therapy or refer him to the councilor instead of outright booting him out. Another thing, if I have to face him again and he speaks a threat, I think I am within my right to protect myself from him should I have to get away at the time and get a hold of someone with bracelets.
That’s the big drama for the day, all in all class was just some quizzes and tests and a brief overview of potatoes and grains. This is the Theory class.
Well, Later
Haissan

Dear Rai,

I don’t know what to say today. I missed yesterday because I was tired. It was about 5 am I was awake yesterday for early classes, it was a breakfast bonanza. We had nine things to make on our menu, and I cannot possibly remember them all right now. I did make a frittata, it basically a farmer’s omelet. ITs really good, you have to sweat onions and other ingredients, then brown some potatoes in a saute pan, after that all you have to do is pour in your eggs and mix it up a bit, pop it into your preheated oven at 350oF and let it cook till the egg has become firm, if you season the eggs while they are still raw, you know salt and pepper, it will come out great. I recommend using kosher salt. Crepes, pancakes, french toast, and fried eggs were part of it all too. I did not eat any of those over hard eggs only because we did not have any rice ready to eat. Well that was about it for that day, I capped it all off by going out with some friends for beer and wings, Wings 'n More has 32 oz beer for about $3.00 I prefer to get Amber Beer.
Well, I guess I am going to move on to the now, what went on with today. The Day started at 5 am. Class went on real well, it was a knife skills test day. We had to use all our skills and then I still had to miss one of the skills, its called tourne, it is a potato that has been trimmed into a seven sided football shape. overall marks for me were at 74. Given the average is at 72 I think I did well for myself. I am only disappointed that I did not manage to do better on my carrots.well waste was not a problem. Well on to the fun parts. We had to make emulsions in the form of Hollandise and Mayonnaise. Also had to make Consomme and Bechamel. Pretty much perfect marks on everything, The raft for the consomme fell, which for me to explain is complex. Basically the raft acts as a filter for any impurities in a chicken stock, it is composed of Ground meat, mirepoix, and egg whites. The albumen is a natural clarifier, so it will cause the ground meat and mirepoix to float to the top of the heating consomme, then it will filter the chicken stock, catching the impurities and adding extra flavor to the stock. Its really great this time, the first time I made consomme, it was better, but had too much color and needed salt the first time. I managed to save most of the consomme and and all it had was slight cloudiness. So despite the raft having fallen, the Chef said it was pretty well made. The mayo did not take me much longer than about 5 minutes, as soon as it was done, i finished up the consomme, then I did the hollandise, and if you are familiar with eggs benedict, that is what the hollandise was for, putting on top. This barely took any time at all, and it came out right. Finally it was bechamel, it was supposed to come out as gravy. It was excellent, in the words of the Chef. What was great was the two partners were responsible for the majority of the prep work. All I had to do was the actual cooking. Kinda like a bummer, feels like I carried some of it or rather the majority of the work, even if they got the prep work done. Well, I suppose its not too bad of a problem. I made sure my grade was good by doing it mainly myself.
After all this, I went to talk to the job counselor at school, and she gave me a list of employer “partners” for me to talk to. I will get started on that, I have to be sure to update my resume. I am nervous about it. I managed to run into a high school buddy of mine, we caught up and chatted. He went back for his bachelor’s. When I got home, I managed to nap for about an hour and a half. I have yet to figure out my sleep cycle I think i am a 9 hour sleeper. Well, when i got to work, I was so tired, I had to leave early, I was talking to myself. I could not stop either. I think I have self-soothing problems, when I get the opportunity I am going to talk with the councilor up at the school about it. Well, that is about the day for me.
I just watched Groundhog day too;. It was relaxing, even with the commercial breaks.

To my beautiful readers, Thank you and goodnight.
Haissan

Dear Haissan:

Have you ever considered using an avatar of Yosomite Sam from the cartoon where he says “I’m a Haissan, with a depression” (or something close to that)? Give free internetz (and maybe a bowl of soup) to anyone who gets the joke…

That is all.

I am not sure of what you’re talking about. I am currently translating this as a jibe at my current state emotional stability, something that drives me mad and to suicidal thoughts when I have experienced emotional and social isolation. This has not happened recently. Dragging a person through an inside joke when they aren’t part of that inside, don’t expect them to not be offended.

Dear rai,

Despite the current prequel to the post, the day was not too bad. The highlight was a massage. More on that later. Right now, on to Asian reporter…wait this isn’t family guy. Well class was at nine ran till about noon, I managed to even get to the bank, drop a government check. Naturally I had myself a grand old time…For lunch I ate at Fajita Willie’s, had a carne asada, the charro beans were terrible, i sent them back, the only thing they had was bacon and beans. There was nothing to contrast the beans against in terms of flavor. Well, after that I popped into Barnes and Noble and played a bit in the manga section, I read the graphic novel of Runaways, volumes 8 and 9. 2 hours later I was bored again, so I moved along to the Best Buy next door and perused the aisles. Then, there was the pressing need for a hair cut, and I managed to fulfill it, the stylist thought it was odd that I had a red line of irritation along the back of my neck. I have a suspicion it had to do with the clippers being improperly cleaned, but I have no way of knowing for sure.

On to the highlight! I gots myself a full body massage…Now my back really hurts around the right shoulder blade’s underside and above it on the shoulder close to the neck. Well I can’t really be too specific without a picture, give me a moment to make one…
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v155/Haissan/backpain.jpg
that photo is old.
well she found knots there and worked them hard, they did not come out. good news is the rest of my back is really relaxed, I only wish I asked for her to do a gentle touch on those particular knots. Well, in anycase, I feel great right now. I feel refreshed. I got to work 6 minutes late…lol work was pretty simple. Not much happened. Nope not much at all, it was quick, busy, and dull…

In class today I had sanitation. What was funny was how cold it was in the classroom… There was a larger guy who was saying he thought it was fine in the room, naturally I said “I just did not have the insulation he did”. It was funny because he was saying “oh you saying cause I’m fat,” I responded with, “what, skinny people can’t get cold?” I was eating powdered donuts and he was like, “you wanna go at it? I’ll take those donuts,” naturally it was obvious he was playing, I got that much, My response was simple, “Oh sure the fat guy wants to take the skinny guy’s donuts…” it was all broken with laughter, honestly.

That was really my day, I made another sandwich for dinner…really good.

watching dirty jobs.

Reguards to my beautiful audience,
Haissan

Tis sadly just a play on words. You’re not familar with the classic Warner Brothers characters Bugs Bunny appeared with?

i am quite familiar, however, i just don’t know were you’re going with it

This was a sneaky attempt for Haissan to show off his guns to the ladies.

It’s a good thing he used an older picture, else said “ladies” would see my initials cattle branded on him.

Gentay wrote:

[quote]

It’s a good thing he used an older picture, else said “ladies” would see my initials cattle branded on him.[/quote]

Please tell me Gentay is joking around Haissan. I got a girls name tattoed on my arm when I was 18, bad move on my part. We lasted another month or two, but I still have that crazy biznatches name on my arm, 20 years later.
Slick

Hmm, ya caught me, and it not tattooed, it’s branded… :woohoo:

Kind of like Meg on last Sunday’s Family Guy? Peter goes to brand her and she already has Mayor West’s initials on her butt.

Well, you could say that, it makes sense you know?

Dear rai,

The Saints won the superbowl. Congrats to them, you see, if you review how the teams played, it was the saint who played like they wanted to win. So I say they earned it.

Naturally with superbowl day come the no custmer thing. we had like 6 sit-down tables. That was it all day. Kinda bad well I ended up cleaning the shelves under the bar, it wasn’t bad, We’ve been keeping up with the cleaning under there quite well.

So yeah, I can’t say there was much more to the day, I got off from 3-5 so I wrote an email to a restaurant with my resume and Who knows, I might get a job out of it.

Tomorrow I have to send in a jury duty notice stating that I am a student and therefore I do not have to attend. This really bites you know? I was going to get it faxed by my folks, but you know, a sticky note that says please fax xxxxxxxxxx doesn’t get it you know?oh well, not a problem.

Oh reminds me, I have to find my student ID, it has disappeared.

well, I du think this will du…

Thanks to my Beautiful readers
Haissan

Dear Rai,
Well, today started off what I believe is going to be a horrible week. Woke up this morning after going to bed early and felt even more tired today than I do when I don’t get enough sleep. I almost fell asleep in both my morning classes today, which has never happened before.

Got my calculus II quiz back and found out I had made so many stupid mistakes on it I only got a 16/40. I was sure I would make up for my poor scores on homework, but alas, it was not to be. Then I got only a 126/200 on my Statics homework that I thought I had just about aced. So at this point I’m failing two of the most important classes of my college career.

And to top it all off my PS2 decided to put a ring on my new Dai-Guard disc 3. I was very upset, but I’m hoping some disc cleaner might help. I really don’t want to have to get a replacement.

I have a Physics I test later today that I’m worried about because the professor is Polish and is widely accepted around campus as the worst of any professor in the entire university. I never understand what she is saying. I’ve tried to self-teach myself, but I still have a lot of stuff I don’t completely get.

Thanks for listening. I feel a lot better!
-ZakuAce

P.S. Do you think I could get Tommy to tutor me in calc?

Dear Rai,

I managed to start my day off real well. I spent a little dough, but I think its okay. So, it all started with a little bit of me time, followed by shower time. After that I looked up some car prices online. Its not pretty, my car. It needs cleaning too…

Well I saw this Chevy Cobalt with low mileage and good pricing, the best part is what drove the price down was that it had a rear end collision. The only thing I would worry about is the damage done to the frame from the stress and possibly damage done to the suspension in both the front and back. Those are my thoughts on it, oh it’s a 2008.

I had fun at the mall today, I walked around with sunglasses like a movie star and dug around at a couple of shops, had fun at willam-sonoma, hot topic, teavana, waldenbooks, and cinnabon…I want another…

After that I went along 1960 west (although I was technically traveling south, it is called west)to interstate batteries, unfortunately half way through there there was this chick tailgating me, I was considering a quick tap of the brakes to, you know, get my car totaled and paid for by her insurance. It would have been awesome. My honest nature forbids it tho. When I arrived on the scene outside the store, I had to hang a quick loop around to one of the back entrances to the parking lot, there was a great deal of traffic, so I figured it was the smart thing to do. It was. Any who, my parking mission completed and I traversed the store searching for that coveted samsung barrery for my phone, and upon inquiry of the purveyors of the store’s wares, I found they were out of stock, and did not have any in their distribution center. I have to wait a couple of weeks now. Oh well.

On to work, I had a soft serve ice cream before starting work today, it soothed me. Work was odd, for some reason the boss decided to wear the uniform jacket I usually wear and I had to wear his. His is really worn out, well in color, so it has character. The day went well. Funny thing is I was cutting cream cheese and we got some orders, HE told me to make the hand rolls, so I finished the particular piece of cheese I was working on and started clearing up my cutting board for the sushi. He was telling me to cut it quickly and throw it on the cooler plate. My simple response was, “Do you want me to make the sushi or do you want me to cut the cheese?” He put two and two together and apologized. I was confused for a minute that is for sure.

Well the day finished out fine, I usually end up handling all of the cleaning and closing procedures for the sushi bar and it all went well. There were no last minute customers, thank God, nothing is worse than getting all of my plates and everything put up when some one comes in and insists on ordering the things that are in the back of the fridge, not that they know it’s back there mind you, but it is quite frustrating when it all fit so perfectly and you cleaned one of the cutting boards already and you wish you finished the other one already and vanished before they could order. The same time, it means more money for the establishment, so I don’t worry too much. I am kinda sleepy now, perhaps I should get some rest, I have work tomorrow and I guess I will write a journal for class sometime. That is kinda why I do these blogs, I can look back on them and use them for reference when I am running behind on those journals.

You know what I think is dumb? Having to keep a journal of what I learned in my concepts and theories class. Honestly, I do not understand it. I am a little behind in the readings for that class, but the instructor is so random at times and non-linear, I cannot be assured I would have read the proper chapter or not. I think we are going to be…nope I haven;t a clue. oh well…

Good news everyone, Jesus Died for your Sins.

Thank you beautiful readers,
Haissan

Ps My typing speed has improved some, this is good.

PPS Have you thought of writing a letter to the head of physics ZA? or possibly considered just using a tape recorder with a timer so you can note the time on the tape you have to scroll back to in your notes so you can hear exactly what the professor had to say. Also if you did use the recorder and still cannot understand the professor, then you might want to share this with the professor herself, in the most constructive of manners as you can, Professor, I am having trouble understanding you in class, your accent is too thick for me to understand, what can I do to improve in your class? Well, you might not get to since some professors usually have that, “I’m here, I spoke, now leave me alone, I have tenure.” attitude?

ZA - Good luck on your physics test!!! I loved physics, but I had a really cool professor and the majority of my classmates were animation students. (Nothing like a good discussion on if Superman could really push the earth out of the way of a comet.)

Haissan - I have a couple of friends who have gone through the Culinary Arts program, plus I used to chat with the CA guys while taking breaks in the parking garage.
I’ve heard all kinds of stories about pretty much everyone there. (I was there a loooooong time!) I don’t know how many of them were true, so I’m not gonna tell you any of them.

Is Horton the brunette? The only chef on know by face & name is Chef Stout, because he’s married to Professor Stout the Psych. instructor. (Take Social Psychology - it’s an awesome class!!!)

If you get the chance, take Creative Writing w/ Dr. Jones, he’s a really cool dude. If you don’t know who he is, he’s the poet/english professor/lawyer/ex-punk rocker.

Ahh, I’ve already garnered all the general education credits I need except for Social sciences or something like that Looks like I will have to take Psychology.