Discotek Media News

ANNCast - Discoteknocracy

by Zac Bertschy & Justin Sevakis, Apr 5th 2019

2019-04-17T17:00:00Z

Coming June 25th 2019! The Wonderful Wizard of Oz in the original Japanese language with English subtitles on SDBD!

Rightstuf pre-order link:
Explore the Ultimate Anime & Manga Shop | Crunchyroll Store

All 52 episodes in standard definition on one Blu Ray disc. Japanese with English subtitles. Region A.

Dorothy and her canine pal Toto live a quiet life on a Kansas farm with Uncle Henry and Aunt Em. But one day, the little girl and her dog find themselves spirited away from the fields of Kansas, to the magical land of Oz! Dorothy and Toto meet many friends on the yellow-brick road to Emerald City, where she hopes to find a way home to Kansas-- but when she arrives, the city’s mysterious ruler, the Wizard of Oz, is not what she expects! The Wizard can help Dorothy get home, but at a daunting price: she and her friends the Tin Woodsman, the Scarecrow, and the Cowardly Lion must kill the Wicked Witch of the West and free the Winkies from her rule. Dorothy’s journey to Emerald City is only the beginning of this celebrated 52-episode adaptation of L. Frank Baum’s beloved series of children’s books, which goes beyond the tale of Wizard of Oz to introduce you to new friends, like the Gump, the Sawhorse, Jack Pumpkinhead, and Billina-- plus new adversaries in the witch Mombi, General Jinjur and the All-Girl Army, and the bitter and scheming Nome King. Dorothy must team up with old friends and new to save all of Oz and return Emerald City to its rightful ruler, the mysterious Ozma. One way or another, Dorothy’s not in Kansas anymore! Released in it’s original form in North America for the first time! This contains all 52 episodes in the original Japanese language with English subtitles in standard definition on one Blu Ray disc!

Swan Lake Anime and Two More Classics Join Crunchyroll Catalog

May 22, 2019 3:00pm CDT

1 Like

Discotek Licenses Ayakashi, Sorcerer Hunters Anime

posted on 2019-05-26 00:02 EDT by Crystalyn Hodgkins

1 Like

Discotek is killing it .

You Must Kill | The Twelve Kingdoms

Metropolis | Kaiba

Hero and Heroine | Elemental Gelade

1 Like

I saw Elemental Gelade on TV a few years ago on one of the Asian channels. I really enjoyed it back then and I am looking forward to seeing it again! It’s on my list anyway. LOL

1 Like

DNA² (DNA2) Opening | L’Arc~en~Ciel - Blurry Eyes [HD]

1 Like

Iria: Zeiram | [HD] Anime Opening (creditless) | Tokete Iku Yume no Hate ni

2 Likes

She farts when nervous :flushed: | Clip from DNA²

1 Like

Just a heads up Discotek seems to still be having issues with their new distributor . I’d expect a a week to a month or maybe more delay on things ordered .

https://www.facebook.com/Discotekmedia/posts/2703708602991550

We’re been working through some major issues with the new warehouse/distribution center, and it’s causing delays. They are having problems checking the stock into their system and sending to retailers.

Also attempting to restock catalog titles (Fist of the North Star movie BD, SF II movie BD, Rayearth BD, etc)

Sonic X SDBD and Twelve Kingdoms BD both were delayed. Hopefully will ship by the end of June. Also, we are planning to have the out of stock catalog titles back by the end of June.

Our distributor moved their warehouse and staff to new locations at the beggining of 2019 and it’s caused many delays.

2 Likes

Super Saiyan or “Mega-Playboy”? Thugs got no chance vs. this DNA | DNA² (1994)

Midnight Pulp Streaming Service Adds Key the Metal Idol Anime; AsianCrush Adds Library War

posted on 2019-06-15 03:50 EDT by Crystalyn Hodgkins

1 Like

Assassin | 8 Man After

1 Like

Elemental Gelade - Opening | Forever…

1 Like

Retrieval | Midnight Eye Goku

1 Like

Elemental Gelade - Ending | Yakusoku

1 Like