Dragoon's Art thread

3rd one’s my favorite.

I like my Gantz ball #3 (9.jpg) also since it looks like a crystal ball. Although I like the lighting in #4 (10.jpg) the best and that one gives me the most creep factor like Gantz is sitting there in the dark waiting to do something to someone. :wink:

http://s1018.photobucket.com/albums/af307/dragoonsxanime/?action=view&current=010.jpghttp://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af307/dragoonsxanime/th_010.jpg

One other thing I wanna try to do at one point is something like that water sphere in the movie Sphere. I might be close with #3 (9.jpg) but maybe make it goldish and give it waves might make it close…

Sphere had some really awesome effects. It will be interesting to see what you come up with, but your description sounds great. :slight_smile: And your #3 image is very close.

that looks cool:laugh:

ZakuAce wrote:

no he is not he is a true artist those look nothin like magic 8 balls

Well I have been very busy in the last few months so this project went by the wayside and whatever was left I did not have as much time as I had hoped. That being said, I did have time to work on it more today and I was pleased enough to go ahead and finish this project in its application to my website header and logo. :slight_smile:

Here’s what I came up with:

Here’s how I used it in my logo to go along with my black and white site motif or check it out at my site, link at my sig:

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_bzjOTMQvn1A/S3IwGBw7oAI/AAAAAAAAATc/_ndn6HI-aE0/01sxanimelogo020910.jpg

These images are auto-resized a bit. If you copy the image link to your browser (for those interested) you can view the larger version.

The homage to ADV remains. PP, slow and Rai know what it is. :wink:

You need to add me to the loop ;). I want to feel like an insider lol!

Anyway nice job man! I really like this. Your work puts me to shame, it really does. Not sure how you did that, but it looks very professional. I really like this new logo.

It came out really great Dragoon. Fantastic job! I like the way it looks on your site too. :slight_smile:

I like it! It turned out really great!

I think Slash is a super-genius!!

http://img697.imageshack.us/img697/316/wilecoyotea.jpg

(But someone should really figure out what it is…)

Slowhand: Someone has to give me a hint first…

Is it something I would know about ADV?

Very nice. It reminds of Blue Seed.

Reminds me of Gantz…perhaps due to the ball lol. But the general “dark” feeling of it all to I think. Very gantz-like.

Also, the rings inside the ball remind of the one that wrapped around ADV on their logo.

Thank you everyone!

I’m really happy with how it turned out. It looks a lot better on my site vs. the old one. Feels a bit cleaner and trendier.

As for what it is… I keep holding off on spilling the beans since I think I might want to turn it into a contest - does anyone want to donate a prize? :stuck_out_tongue: But I just have been very busy lately. We’ll see. :wink:

But someone is getting closer!

Prede being an insider, has its moments, but it’s not glamorous at all. Sometimes I actually find it constraining. There’s so many things I’ve wanted to say, but now can’t for a variety of reasons. In all, it’s a lot of hard work, sometimes drama from dealing with bitter and hate-filled anime fans/personalities or dealing with the hurdles of the industry. It’s still fun for me since it’s inherently what I’ve been doing these last 4 yrs, just kicked up a notch, which I’ve always enjoyed. I’ve always enjoyed in participating in the ups and downs of the R1 industry. It just boils down to having a thick skin, and the drive to spend a lot of time on it. For all the ups, there are plenty of downs like the aforementioned, and sometimes working so hard to try to get access to someone, doing hours of research, writing, and nothing to materialize due to various factors.

Well by “insider” here I meant know the secret of what your logo was about ;). I wasn’t talking about being an insider with Sentai :P, at least in that sentence. I was kinda joking around there.

As for being an “industry insider” or whatever you could call yourself. It does seem to have a lot of ups and downs. But I’m still very jealous. Would be interesting that’s for sure. Thanks for all that info about it though!

This homage to ADV is pretty… visible. I promise it’s not something very obscure. I’m not trying to give you guys a mind numbingly impossible thing, like with the Part games (that one I have to be more obtuse for obvious reasons). :wink:

Dragoon…everything you do is mind numbingly impossible :P.

I should warm my way into Media Blasters…then I could have some more insider info :stuck_out_tongue: .

Not really. I mean the fact you guys got most/all of the Part games, means I haven’t been obtuse enough!

I’ll admit the guess the song 1 and the haystack hints were hard though. :stuck_out_tongue:

I really like the way it looks on your website. It looks like a professional design. Much props dragoon, you should do that kind of stuff for a living. The logo with your sxanimedia signature in the center looks great, but it is hard to make out the x. Too bad you couldn’t make it 3 dimensional.
Slick

Thanks dude! Appreciate it slick. I decided to stick to 2d with the text mostly to keep it clean and simple. Maybe if I get more time sometime I can mess around with it more and make it more 3dish within the same space as the adv sphere.

I used to do this sort of stuff around 10 years ago (webdesign and multimedia) but I got really burnt out and got tired of sitting in front of the computer all day. It sure helped pay the bills back then though. lol Maybe I should have stuck with it.