Dragoon's Art thread

dragoon wrote:

[quote]Thanks dude! Appreciate it slick. I decided to stick to 2d with the text mostly to keep it clean and simple. Maybe if I get more time sometime I can mess around with it more and make it more 3dish within the same space as the adv sphere.

I used to do this sort of stuff around 10 years ago (webdesign and multimedia) but I got really burnt out and got tired of sitting in front of the computer all day. It sure helped pay the bills back then though. lol Maybe I should have stuck with it.[/quote]

It still looks great. I don’t think it needs 3-d, or would look better with it. I think its just the shading that makes it hard to see the s and x inside the sphere.
Slick

Very nice!
You’re making me feel like a slacker here, neglecting my skills since graduation.

One of these days I’ll get back to one of the many personal project I have on hold… one day…

Wait, do you mean the bluish thing on the sphere?

spazzysam wrote:

[quote]Very nice!
You’re making me feel like a slacker here, neglecting my skills since graduation.

One of these days I’ll get back to one of the many personal project I have on hold… one day…[/quote]

Thanks, means a lot coming from you!

Personal projects? Ooh, do tell? :wink:

dragoon wrote:

No, I was just talking about how the s and x are hard to see with the orb only pic. The s in in the black swirl and half the x is also in it. If you were to see it on its own, you might not be able to make out your websites name. The orb itself, and your full design on the website are fantastic.
Slick

Ahh, thanks for clarifying! I mostly put that there as a watermark (sharp eyes that you noticed that - was trying to hide it just a little :P). A few times I made some graphics on my blog and other blogs just took stuff without asking - couple of times even copied stories and passed them off as their own (LOL). I don’t mind sharing if people ask or give credit or source.

Thanks again for your thoughts. :slight_smile:

dragoon wrote:

Gosh, where do I start?!?!?!

The list is too long and overwhelming for me to even ponder right now.

I’ll keep you posted.

I’ll still say the loops look like the one around ADV in their logo. Also, the background matches that of ADV’S logo in it’s later years. It looks like you just took away the words “ADV” and imposed the background on the sphere. Regardless, I still like it. Very nice!

You were closer before! I’ll say this, it’s not using anything from ADV’s original designs directly, but it has an important tie to ADV.

:stuck_out_tongue: