Favorite Anime Quotes

“I’m not a little girl lover! I’m a sister lover!"

Kyosuke - Oreimo 2 (ep 4)

“Youth is a lie. It is nothing but evil. Those who rejoice in youth deceive themselves and those around them, accepting in full the circumstances that devour them. In the face of the word “youth”, they will twist any common interpretation or accepted notion out of recognition. In their minds, lies, secrets, sins, and failure are nothing more than the spice of youth. If failure is truly the proof of one’s youth …… Then is there not something abnormal about one who fails at making friends, if he is not still in the midst of his youth? But I am sure none of them would admit to this. It is all a double standard. My conclusion is this: All you fools who delight in youth…… Drop dead.”

Hachiman - My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU (ep 1)

[quote]NOTE: I am not sure if this is something that I pulled from Hayao Miyazaki himself… even though he did the writing for the movie. I think that I will label it as such since that is what I have written down… shrug.
:huh:[/quote]

Those with power bear the burden to wield it with wisdom. Without the cycle of life and death there can be no life for anyone. Life without death is not life. Refuse death and you refuse life as well. No man or living thing preserves their life forever. This life that is both our torment and treasure was never meant to endure for eternity. Life is a wave on the sea. Would you force the sea to grow still to save one wave?

–Tales from Earthsea, Hayao Miyazaki

“Life’s nothing but a drunken dream. And when you wake, you’re dead!”

Koikawa - Mushibugyo (ep 3)

“Look. All people are the same. They only care about themselves. They only want to save themselves. Those two are the same.”

Warden Tsutsuga - Arata the Legend (ep 4)

“This isn’t a situation where you can stand on principle. If there’s something you want to protect, get your hands dirty, Haruto Tokishima.”

L-elf - Valvrave the Liberator (ep 4)

“There’s a virus going around this summer that’ll kill you if you don’t sleep in pajamas.”

Yukari - Yuyushiki (ep 3)

“Those with power tend to influence the ones around them.”

Alcor - Devil Survivor 2: The Animation (ep 4)

“I am a beast that shouts love in the center of the universe! In terms of lusting for flesh!”

Nyarko - Nyarko-san: Another Crawling Chaos W (ep 6)

“If I only had a notebook where I could kill someone just by writing their name.”

Nyarko - Nyarko-san: Another Crawling Chaos W (ep 6)

“If you want to get stronger, if you want to get the things you want, you have to get hurt and hurt others!”

Kanate - Arata the Legend (ep 6)

“The power of evil……… But thanks to that, I was able to protect her. It really is the power of evil. But if she can accept this fact, I’ll gladly remain on the side of evil. Yes, this is a cursed tale. We will not wallow in misery. Nor will we give up. We will clumsily play our roles, as warped killer and naïve Queen.”

Kiri - The Severing Crime Edge (ep 3)

“Walls are an unavoidable part of youth.”

Hachiman - My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU(ep 3)

“Whoa, what is this feeling? If he weren’t a guy, I almost would’ve confessed and gotten rejected there. Wait, I’d get rejected?”

Hachiman - My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU(ep 3)

Hachiman: “What would you do?”

Yukino: “Let’s see… I’d have them all run around until they die, then swing until they die, then practice until they die, perhaps?”

My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU(ep 3)

Hachiman: “Well, worst case, I get serious. When I get serious, groveling and even boot licking is no problem.”

Yui: “You’re getting serious about the wrong thing…”

My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU(ep 3)

When a person lies, what is important is not the lie itself. No, it is their reason. Their why.–Holo from Spice and Wolf

Once you taste poison, you might as well finish the meal. If it comes to that you would make as fine a dish as any.–Holo from Spice and Wolf

There is no better time to part, then when we wish for it never to end.–Holo from Spice and Wolf

The more you learn, the more you need to know.

–Author & Title Unknown

Chihaya: “D-Did you watch?

Arata: “Huh?”

Chihaya: “Were you watching? My team is the best in Japan. I became the best in Japan without becoming Queen. It’s because we were playing together. Don’t say that you’re not interested in teams!”

Chihayafuru 2 (ep 19)

Yukari: “So that’s why they sing!”

Yuzuko: “Yeah!”

Yui: “Only humpback whales do something that embarrassing.”

Yuzuko: “What? The blue guys don’t sing?”

Yui: “Don’t make them sound like the Blue Man Group.”

Yuyushiki (ep 4)

“I don’t deal with wimps who can’t do anything without a gang to back them up. Later.”

Arata - Arata the Legend – ep 7

“Thank you for everything. May the blessing of the verdurous waves be with you.”

Ledo - Gargantia on the Verdurous Planet (ep 8)

“What is wrong with him?! Why does the giant peach woman get his kimono, while I get his underwear?”

Mitsuki - Mushibugyo (ep 8)

Noa: “They have a guy here who looks just like the Captain.”

Capt. Goto: “I am the Captain.”

Patlabor ova ep. 4