Favorite Other Quotes

“The Paradoxical Commandments

People are illogical, unreasonable, and self-centered.
Love them anyway.

If you do good, people will accuse you of selfish ulterior motives.
Do good anyway.

If you are successful, you will win false friends and true enemies.
Succeed anyway.

The good you do today will be forgotten tomorrow.
Do good anyway.

Honesty and frankness make you vulnerable.
Be honest and frank anyway.

The biggest men and women with the biggest ideas can be shot down by the smallest men and women with the smallest minds.
Think big anyway.

People favor underdogs but follow only top dogs.
Fight for a few underdogs anyway.

What you spend years building may be destroyed overnight.
Build anyway.

People really need help but may attack you if you do help them.
Help people anyway.

Give the world the best you have and you’ll get kicked in the teeth.
Give the world the best you have anyway.”

Kent M. Keith

“You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You’re on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who’ll decide where to go…”

Dr. Seuss

You’re all just legends in your own minds.

–Author & Source Unknown

Penny: Where did you get a ring?
Leonard: I’ve… had it for a couple years, not important. Penny… will you marry me?
Penny: Oh, my God, yes.
Leonard: This would have been so much more romantic if you didn’t have monkey hair on your finger.

The Big Bang Theory

“Have you ever been in love? Horrible isn’t it? It makes you so vulnerable. It opens your chest and it opens up your heart and it means that someone can get inside you and mess you up.”

Neil Gaiman

“Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”

Neil Gaiman

1 Like

“Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.”

William Shakespeare

“Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.”

Lao Tzu

“If you judge people, you have no time to love them.”

Mother Teresa

“For every minute you are angry you lose sixty seconds of happiness.”

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Postal Worker: This is highly irregular.
Lorne Malvo: No. Highly irregular is the time I found a human foot in a toaster oven. This is just odd.

–Fargo

What a fine day for sciene.

Dexter’s laboratory

Dejah Thoris: *Think you, Salensus Oll, that the wife of such as he is, would ever dishonor his memory, were he a thousand times dead, by mating with a lesser mortal? Lives there there upon any world such another as John Carter, Prince of Helium? Lives there another man who could fight his way back and forth across a warlike planet, facing savage beasts and hordes of savage men, for the love of a woman? *

** The Warlord of Mars**

Felicia Day: How did you get your own show?
Wil Wheaton: Skeeball tickets.

–The Wil Wheaton Project

There’s no crying in baseball!

-A League of Their Own

Walter: Dog, you’re eating it all.

Dax Shepard: I passed through a time sphincter to get here. You realize how difficult that is!?

Walter: What’s a time sphincter?

Dax Shepard: A wormhole… about “yay” big… *holds hand up making a tiny ring with his index finger.* You try squeezing through there and tell me that you are not hungry enough to eat a carpet shark.

[size=16]Walter & Dax Shepard – Zathura: A Space Adventure[/size]

“This life is what you make it. No matter what, you’re going to mess up sometimes, it’s a universal truth. But the good part is you get to decide how you’re going to mess it up. Girls will be your friends - they’ll act like it anyway. But just remember, some come, some go. The ones that stay with you through everything - they’re your true best friends. Don’t let go of them. Also remember, sisters make the best friends in the world. As for lovers, well, they’ll come and go too. And baby, I hate to say it, most of them - actually pretty much all of them are going to break your heart, but you can’t give up because if you give up, you’ll never find your soulmate. You’ll never find that half who makes you whole and that goes for everything. Just because you fail once, doesn’t mean you’re gonna fail at everything. Keep trying, hold on, and always, always, always believe in yourself, because if you don’t, then who will, sweetie? So keep your head high, keep your chin up, and most importantly, keep smiling, because life’s a beautiful thing and there’s so much to smile about.”

Marilyn Monroe

The Doctor: Oh Lumic. You’re a clever man. I’d call you a genius, except I’m in the room.

Doctor Who Series 2: The Age of Steel

“I love deadlines. I love the whooshing noise they make as they go by.”

Douglas Adams

Titanic:

Rose & Jack

Han Luke? How are we doing?

Luke Same as always.

Han That bad, huh

Return of the Jedi

“Anyone who thinks sitting in church can make you a Christian must also think that sitting in a garage can make you a car.”

Garrison Keillor