Freezing / Freezing Vibration

ah,thanks for the info
so i take it anything from funnimation will never be on here??

[quote=“bigdanz”]
so i take it anything from funnimation will never be on here??[/quote]

Never is a strong word, because it has happened in the past, as well as vise versa.

But since it’s a relatively new series and FUNi actually has the license for this series, if it were to ever happen, it wouldn’t happen for several years, and that’s only if FUNi let their license expire and not relicense it… and Sentai actually thought it was a good investment and relicensed it after it expired.

All in all, the chances of it ever showing up here are rather slim.

Not surprising…

Funimation to Stream Freezing Vibration

posted on 2013-10-07 11:46 EDT
2nd Freezing season debuts on Monday

Vibration Ep.1

spoiler

Rana , Kazuya and Sattelizer are heading to Alaska in an Osprey, when they get an Emergency transmission.

Seems that there’s a Nova Type S near where they are headed and as the 3 of them are closest they have to jump out of the plane and engage it to protect a Chevalier oil field. They fight it and bury it under a Glacier, but that doesn’t stop it and Sattelizer saves Kazuya from getting hit , which of course damages her clothes. (It is Freezing, were you expecting anything else? :lol: ) As thigs are about to go South Chiffon and Elizabeth arrive, using standard Pandora tactics (Sattelizer and rana as the Decoys, Chiffon as the Striker and Elizabeth as the finisher) they defeat the Nova… Except they find out it’s a Nova dummy, an artificial Nova created by Seiga Industries, probably used to test the 4 of them. (Which it was, as you see screens of them being watched by a Scientist and some girls)

The group arrives at the E-Pandora facility and find out that the chief Scientist (The one that was watching them earlier) is Scarlet Ohara lead on the E-Pandora project, which is used to create artificial Pandora, since only about 2% of women are tested to be Stigmata compatible sign up to be pandoras, there’s a shortage of them. So being capable of creating artificial Pandora is a good thing, right?

Anyway you meet quite a few new Pandora from around the world, including Roxanne “The Immortal” Elipton, Charles “The Tempest Phoenix” Bonaparte, and are also reunited with Cassie “The Godspeed of the East” Lockhart. Who Elizabeth or Chiffon introduce us all to. So the top 5 ranked Pandora in the world are here, Elizabeth mentions Holly Rose , who’s the top ranked at Genetics (UK) but she isn’t there (The main reason is because of the identity of Holly’s Limiter, but we manga readers know who that is :evil: )

Then we get new Volt Textures equipped that deal with the cold better and we get the E-Pandora project explained and we meet the E-Pandora after Roxanne says something about Human experimentation and the project was already under way when Chevalier decided to back it. They make nasty faces to each other and the episode ends.

Kinda disappointed that Funi is hoarding this one. Now that their website kinda works I can still stream it but since I still don’t like their site and they took away my app I haven’t done it yet.

I did finally get my copy of Freezing though. The quality of the box art is awful. It looks like a hastily done sketch that someone colored in.

It’s up on Hulu as well, finally.

Oh Freaking Hell No!

-They are working the Siblings arc within the E-Pandora Storyline (In the manga it takes place before The E-Pandora arc) It’s just that 90% of the manga fanbase really hates the Siblings arc. Just have to see if the anime handles it better (I hope it does)

Freezing had “arcs”?! Next you’re gonna tell me that it had “plot”, that it was more than just “anti-moeblob” girls fighting against RahXephon-esque inter-dimensional monsters, with a dash of Claymore thrown in there…not that there’s anything wrong with that. :slight_smile:

lol Yeah it actually has story arcs.

For example the first season covered the 1st 2 story arcs: Sattelizer vs the Student Council and The 11th Nova Clash at West Genetics.

Season 2 is covering the E-Pandora arc with the Siblings arc thrown in the middle of it, as it looks like it is right now. I just hope they handle the siblings arc better because it really makes Sattelizer look bad, which is why a lot of people hate it.

How does it make her look bad?

I think I might just have to give in and stream this one already, ending my “protest” against the censorship.

[quote=“celestial_being”]How does it make her look bad?

I think I might just have to give in and stream this one already, ending my “protest” against the censorship.[/quote]

Remember that her and her brother don’t have a normal relationship, and it’s mainly about her freeing herself from those shackles so to speak (with Kazuya’s help)

Ep. 6

spoiler

Yeah it’s the siblings arc, and at least it’s over next episode, so we can get back to the E-Pandora arc. shudder

-Although there is a lot great Symbolism in the episode. (Lot’s of Chains, I expect to see at least one break next episode)

Ep. 6

The Rant / analysis Edition

spoiler

Ok now having actually seen the episode and not fast forward through the icky part. It actually puts Sattelizer in a slightly better light than how the manga did it. Basically this part takes place completely before the E-Pandora arc in the manga.

-In the manga Violet (Satella’s Half sister) invites Sattelizer , who takes Kazuya with her, to her hotel in Bali which their Dad, Howard El Bridget gave to Violet to run. She also invites uber scumbag brother, Louis, who brings his Pandora, Holly Rose. Violet was hoping that they could work out their issues, which basically lead to Satella leaving the house after Violet caught Louis molesting her.

Basically Louis makes her his slave again, and only because Kazuya never gives up on her, Satella is able to break free and kicks the ass of the Genetics (UK) # 1 student

During the manga arc you learn that Louis’s mom basically twisted Louis’s love for his sister into the sick and twisted thing it became. Basically Kazuya helps Sattelizer save herself, and Sattelizer saves her brother and everything goes back to a normal healthy relationship between them. Louis then realizes that he loves Holly and begs her forgiveness as to how he treated her etc.

The main reason almost all the manga readers hate it, is because it makes Satella look weak, because she falls back into slave mode pretty easily.

-Now the anime version of this arc alters it a little by putting it in the middle of the E-Pandora arc. Elizabeth injures Sattelizer and it causes her to have to return to West genetics for treatment. Elizabeth is trying to protect the E-Pandora because Chevalier is using untested treatments on them. So she wants to protect them from something that’s clearly unsafe, This is the reason she injures Sattelizer, so that if things go bad only she and maybe the Mably company will take the fall.

So Sattelizer injured goes to Bali, instead of West Genetics, to get violet’s help so she can get her Dad to help out.

Plays out almost the same except that the only reason that she gives in to Louis is to help Elizabeth. Which puts it in a slightly better light for her. Bad decision but for the right reasons.

The other thing to note is that it’s important that in both the manga and the Anime version Satella never does anything unless ordered to. See louis in his sick and twisted way wants her to give herself to him willingly and she won’t do it unless ordered to do so. It’s basically her keeping that one last bit of resistance to protect herself. That’s why he gets mad at her and hits her.

The anime also does a great job with chain symbolism throughout the episode.

By putting it in the center of the E-Pandora arc it also parallels the abuse of power theme running through that story as well.

-ok rant done sorry for the wall of text.

Ugh, they brought Louis back? I felt as though I were watching an episode of Criminal Minds during his bit in the first season of Freezing.

I guess I don’t mind that this happened-Satellizer was emotionally weak under her murder-rage shell-but if it happens again, after the reason she was mush under her shell has been resolved, then I’ll be annoyed. TV has taught me that someone who was victimized/subjugated will slip back into their role as the victim if they find themselves back with the person who victimized them, no matter how mighty they’ve become in their time away from their tormenter, until they finally beat down the person who was victimizing them.

I’m feeling that I would have preferred the manga version as I think that she’d have to get to the root of her weakness in order to kill it. The way I’m reading your description, the anime turned into that scene from Team America where Gary has to do something really, really horrendous in order to “save the team”; “You love the team, don’t you Butters?” Right now I’m thinking that is less respectable than the original version; Gary didn’t really have to do what he did to “save the team”, it was just easier that way…and only wimps take the easy way :slight_smile:

Well he did manipulate her basically… (and in a way it’s the same reason (Protecting / Helping someone) as it happened the first time) so imo it’s more believable instead of her just going right back at it like in the manga.

Ep.7

spoiler

Sattelizer and Holly fight.

Flashback shows that scene between Louis and Holly, fades to black before they show anything.

Anyway Sattelizer beats Holly, Kazuya neutralizes Louis’s freezing. Louis realizes he’s been a jerk and douche bag and throws himself into the sea , Holly jumps in after him. Sattelizer and Kazuya save them both (* both literally and physically* )
Louis realizes he loves Holly and he’s all better now. (Almost exactly the same way it happened in the manga)

Cut to the most bad ass Limiter in the series, (Yes Andre is the most bad ass limiter in the series) helps Rana call Kazuya and tells them to get back to Alaska, pronto, because everything is going wrong because Elizabeth still isn’t herself yet.

Kazuya and Sattelizer take the private jet and our reformed Douche-Bag says he’ll talk to Daddy for her.

Cut to Ohara’s lab and you get to see her clones of Maria Lancelot collection.

Ep. 9

Elizabeth, way to tell Chiffon off and you did it with class as well.

Ep.10

spoiler

Cathy shows that Experience beats data any day.

Andrei proves he is the most kick ass limiter in the series AGAIN.

Elizabeth shows Charles that Why your fighting is important

Amelia walks in on Scarlet and her Maria Lancelot Clone collection.

and DO NOT , I REPEAT DO NOT MESS WITH CHIFFON!

Ep. 11

spoiler

Amelia and the Maria Lancelot clones merge to become a Nova.

Sattelizer and Rana are K.O.d by Chiffon. (Booo! Chiffon ripped off Rana’s arms in the manga not so here)

Nova-Amelia makes her way to the Photon generator, if it’s destroyed it will be a global catastrophe.

The resonance that Nova-Amelia is putting out is invading some pandoras’ minds (including Sattelizer.)

Sayttelizer gets back up but Yu-Jin (Chiffon’s limiter) tells Kazuya to do a powerful omni-directional freezing which will allow him to contact Satellizer’s mind.

Inside Sat’s mind we see she feels all alone and wants to join the Nova so she can be part of something as Kazuya screams at her to come back , Rana grabs her and She and Kazuya bring her back to reality. (Again altered from the manga. in the manga Sattelizer doesn’t feel worthy of Kazuya and it’s represented by Kazuha (Kazuya’s sister kicking her ass, Rana basically tells Satellizer that she’ll take Kazuya away from her, if she’s going to give up like that, Which of course kicks in Sat’s “I Won’t Lose!” Attitude and that brings her back.)

Anyway Gengo (Kazuya’s Grandpa) and a Group of various Pandora (including douche bag and Holly) Come to investigate just as the fecal matter is hitting Oscillating air mover. Roxanne Cathy Julia and a group of other Pandora are rallying and lowering their synchronicity to their Stigmata to keep from being taken over.

The Amelia nova drop a bunch of smaller fodder clones of Maria lancelot to fight the pandora as Amelia Nova heads toward the Photon Generator, with only Chiffon, Sattelizer, Rana, Kazuya and Yu-jin standing in it’s way.

The episode ends as Chiffon opens her eyes…

What is with Rana and the violence tone-down? This is not the first time I’ve heard of it happening in this season of the anime. I also remain convinced that there were many scenes that were redone between the original TV broadcast and the BD release of Season 1, and at least one of them reduced violence involving Rana’s character. Of course, without having the original TV eps still I can’t be sure :frowning:

Violence and non-moeblob character designs (the moe virus apparently can’t cross the Sea of Japan) are the hallmarks of this show. They’re shooting themselves in the foot :frowning: