Funimation News

Must buy

KARAKAI JOZU NO TAKAGI-SAN

Already have ReZero on pre-order. Still waiting…

1 Like

This reminds me that I don’t recall ever actually finishing ReZero. Life’s hard these days for fans who fall on the right side of the ReZero/KonoSuba dividing line :wink:

Looks like minimal bonus features on the Garo bluray, so I’ll wait for that to be put into one Complete Collection.

I do wish they’d find a way to really remaster Samurai Champloo. Maybe some day Japan will catch Hollywood’s remake fever? :rofl:

1 Like

By the way if you are looking at starting one of Funimation’s Longer running series, They are having a Black Friday Sale with Discounted Bundles on certain Series. All the Details here:
https://www.funimation.com/shop/black-friday/?utm_source=shop_blackfriday&utm_medium=ribbon&utm_campaign=112018-fs-holidaypromotions

1 Like

This seems to be the only news from Funimation’s panel at Anime NYC

2 Likes

3 Likes

ANN Review - Witch Hunter Robin DVD

by Theron Martin, Nov 23rd 2018

2 Likes

December 4, 2018

2 Likes

I thought at first that would be a conflict ,but sounds like Hulu only wants stuff that would be in the more mainstream interest .

1 Like

Crest of the Stars - Official Trailer

2 Likes
3 Likes

Some people can’t read is what I am getting from those tweets ?

5 Likes

Certainly not hard to get the point from these tweets.

4 Likes

Alternate take, the user base wants all of Funimation’s catalog on Hulu. Perhaps they’re tired of paying for multiple services.

Mark Gosdin

5 Likes

Banner of the Stars - Official Trailer

1 Like

Hulu’s plan is to get more than 20 seasons per year of new Japanese anime series simulcast, plus dubbed versions, said Lisa Holme, Hulu’s VP of content acquisition.

Wow, Japan has 20 seasons per year? Shoot, here I am with only a paltry 4 :rofl: :wink:

Makes sense to me. I see Funimation take flak for their apps & interface being subpar & not available on every streaming device under the sun, so it could benefit them to stop tossing money away trying to reinvent the wheel that Hulu already has rolling.

From the streamer standpoint, Hulu is $8/month. The Hulu that everyone wants, the ad-free version, is $12/month. Funimation is $6/month, more than enough to cover the upgrade.

3 Likes

List of Funimation Titles Removed from Crunchyroll

posted on 2018-12-11 19:01 EST by Karen Ressler

2 Likes

It should be noted that now that Buddy Complex has returned to Funimation, The 2 part Special conclusion Episodes are now available to stream again

1 Like

Funimation President: ‘We Tried to Renew Deal with Crunchyroll’

posted on 2018-12-14 15:45 EST by Kim Morrissy
Gen Fukunaga also explains why he believes Funimation’s deal with Hulu “makes sense”

1 Like

That’s misleading, it should read We tried to renegotiate the deal with Crunchyroll

2 Likes