Funimation at New York Comic-Con 2017!

Dragonar Academy The Complete Series - S.A.V.E - Coming Soon

Speed Racer - The Trick Race

UPDATE: Funimation Agrees To Be Acquired By Sony Pictures Television Networks

October 27, 2017

1 Like

That went pretty quick considering how some mergers / buy-outs etc go

2 Likes

It seems to me that SONY is doing this to “Flesh Out” their Anime / Gaming properties. Funimation serves a rather large territory in the English speaking world and SONY has had success in those markets with Gaming, but not so much with Anime. I believe we are likely to see all these SONY affiliated operations be aligned & integrated with each other over the coming years. Aniplex would make sense to focus on production in Japan and might turn some or all of it’s international businesses over to the SONY owned Funimation. That’s just speculation, like the FAQ in the announcement was saying in it’s non-answers, no one at SONY or Funimation likely knows just what will happen yet. It’s going to take time.

Mark Gosdin

1 Like

Or you might see Funimation be the lower tier pricing format, and Aniplex USA exclusively offer Collector’s editions and Premium Box Sets.

1 Like

It’s possible, maybe Aniplex USA being used as the imprint for imported Japanese LE pressings with subtitles and all the Home Market goodies. That would make the collector’s day.

It will be interesting to see how it all shakes out.

Mark Gosdin

1 Like

That might be too much to hope for after Sony’s “left hand not knowing what the right is doing” blunder that resulted in the “PS4K” lacking a UHD Bluray player, a gaffe that I suspect brought a smile to the faces of the SEGA and Microsoft.

I wonder if this might perhaps see some of the anime that Sony has had squirreled away see a resurgence, like the quirky Viper’s Creed? A slight silver lining, maybe, if so. It might be a coincidence, but when Funi was bought out the first time it roughly coincided with an upswing in quality, which would be a nice feat to repeat.

…Still, Funi has tried the “selling out” move before, and it doesn’t seem to have a habit of working out.

1 Like

My-HiME The Complete Series - Coming Soon

Speed Racer The Ultimate Collection - Available Now

Former Funimation Parent Company Navarre Enters Bankruptcy Protection

posted on 2017-11-09 07:30 EST

Crunchyroll Adds “Baka & Test” and “Burst Angel”

November 09, 2017 7:45pm CST
Series join the catalog courtesy of Funimation today

Funimation February 2018 Solicitations

November 15, 2017
(Funimation Links)

February 6, 2018

Keijo!!!!!!!!

Keijo!!! The Complete Series - BD/DVD Combo
Languages: English, Japanese with English Subtitles

Keijo!!! The Complete Series - BD/DVD Combo - LE
Special Features: Nice Rigid Box / Calendar featuring your favorite Keijo players / 20-page Artbook / Episodes 1 – 12 + extras / 6 OVAs / Textless songs / Trailers / Promo videos / Episode Commentary

Yuri!! on ICE

Yuri!!! on ICE The Complete Series - BD/DVD Combo
Special Features: Yuri Plisetsky GPF in Barcelona EX “Welcome to the Madness” OVA / Eleventh Skate Commentary / Textless Opening Songs / Textless Closing Song / Textless Closing Tenth Skate / Textless Closing Final Skate / Trailers

Yuri!!! on ICE The Complete Series - BD/DVD Combo - LE
Special Features: 80-page book filled with illustrations, behind-the-scenes interviews with co-creators, and more / 3 Art cards / Chipboard collector’s box with “cracked ice” holographic finish and silver foil snowflakes / Funimation-exclusive 3-inch Victor button (while supplies last!)

February 13, 2018

Akiba's Trip

Akiba’s Trip The Complete Series - BD/DVD Combo
Languages: English, Japanese

Fairy Tail

Fairy Tail Collection Eleven - BD/DVD Combo
Special Features: Katsucon with Cherami Leigh / Fairy Tail in the Booth: Sting, Rogue, & Mard Geer / Episode 243 Commentary / Episode 248 Commentary / Episode 253 Commentary / Episode 258 Commentary / Textless Opening & Closing Songs / U.S. Trailer / Trailers

Monster Hunter Stories

Monster Hunter Stories Ride On - Season One Part One - BD/DVD Combo
Special Features: Textless Opening Song / Trailers

Touken Ranbu

Touken Ranbu Hanamaru Season One - BD/DVD Combo

February 20, 2018

All Out!!

ALL OUT!! Part One - BD/DVD Combo

Dragon Ball Super

Dragon Ball Super Part Three - Blu-ray
Special Features: Anime Expo 2017: Interview with Sean Schemmel & Jason Douglas / Textless Opening & Closing Songs / Trailers

Dragon Ball Super Part Three - DVD
Special Features: Trailers

February 27, 2018

Attack on Titan

Attack on Titan Season Two - BD/DVD Combo

Attack on Titan Season Two - BD/DVD Combo - LE

Izetta: The Last Witch

Izetta: The Last Witch The Complete Series - BD/DVD Combo

Scar-red Rider XechS

Scar-red Rider XechS Complete Series - SUB Only
Languages: Japanese

Buys:

• Yuri!!! on ICE
  • Attack on Titan: Season Two

Buy:

-Attack on Titan S2

Maybe

-Keijo!!!

Doesn’t look like there’s much for me here. The dub of Keijo was one of the better Broadcast Dubs, but I wasn’t feeling the show besides that. It wasn’t the “Bamboo Blade 2” that I hoped it might’ve been.

Tubi TV Streams Multiple Funimation Titles

posted on 2017-11-18 15:45 EST