Funimation News

Re: Zero Part 1 for Me as well and yep the LE is looking too good to pass up

If Glen wasn’t such a literal Bastard lol, Akashic would have been at least a maybe, but that whole ending arc pissed me off too much.

1 Like

I plan on getting Re:Zero myself. The one show I been waiting on still hasn’t seen the light of day though.

1 Like

Possible buy:

Re: Zero

1 Like

Putting this here because it’s about the above slate:

3 Likes

Never bought anything from the Crunchy store before, but guess there’s a first for everything lol😁

1 Like

Invariably, whenever I buy one of Funi’s parts, we wind up with a far cheaper complete collection down the line. I’ve been burned too many times to want to see someone else get singed :wink:

Interestingly, it looks like Funi didn’t secure any commentaries for this outsourced dub. I wonder what that means.

…Funimation is releasing Dark Matter? That is still Weird to me.

1 Like

They didn’t have any commentaries on Sister New Devil either. Maybe it’s a cost cutting thing :thinking:

Maybe no commentaries because it’s not an in house dub

1 Like

Very true. I was thinking since the cast was contracted outside of Funi’s dubbing studio, it would cost them more to provide a commentary. You’re probably right though. Why would they bundle up some of the directors and voice actors from another dubbing studio just to make something that less than 10% (guessing here) actually listen to.

Value-add vs streaming?

Sure, it’s so old as to be ancient history, but as I recall Chris Sabat quips on the Solty Rei commentary track that Funi requested that he do one when he dubbed it externally.

Perhaps this confirms the rumors that Crunchy did the legwork of getting these shows dubbed and a perk of the partnership is that Funi gets to take the credit for it?

1 Like
1 Like

Speed Racer Nominated for Saturn Award

posted on 2018-03-22 14:30 EDT by Karen Ressler
Speed Racer up for its collector’s edition

Spring 2018 — BEST. SEASON. EVER.

March 23, 2018 by Funimation
Our first round of announcements features new faces, along with returning favorites!

2 Likes

No announcement on DXD S4 yet…

1 Like

It’s a common practice of CR/ Funi/ Sentai to not announce the good stuff until almost the very last minute.
(As you can see no High School DxD, Full Metal Panic, Legend of the Galactic Heroes or Cutey Honey Universe have been announced as of yet)

1 Like

Crunchyroll Adds “Baka & Test - Summon the Beasts” and More to Anime Catalog

March 29, 2018 5:00pm CDT
Check out the latest titles from Funimation!

1 Like

Big Fish & Begonia (2018) - TV Spot :20s [English] (HD)

Big Fish & Begonia (2018) - TV Spot :20s [English Sub] (HD)