Games You're Playing

Unless you decided from playing it on your friend’s PC that you didn’t like it, I would certainly recommend it. It doesn’t have as much creative potential as Minecraft does, but it has some. Plus it has all the elements of a dungeon crawler, like finding the materials to make better gear, and plenty of boss battles. That one is a lot of fun to play online with friends, as well.

right now

Final Fantasy x-2/x
final fantasy 12
final fantasy 13
final fantasy 13-2

i really love final fantasy B)

All I can manage is Plants vs. Zombies right now, I’m out of town.

Nothing wrong with loving Final Fantasy. I am pretty excited for FF13-3, and to see what Final Fantasy Square-enix is going to reveal for the PS4 at this years E3.

:slight_smile:

Same here. Waiting for FF X/X-2HD FF13-3 FF15 or Verses ? :dry: is killing me :angry: but hopefully will get to see ff15 at e3 this June … hopefully

My copy of FFXI was stolen from me, I hadn’t even gotten past Shiva… :frowning:

I have FFXI, but I didn’t play very much of it. It looked like it would have been fun, but I was just too burned out on MMOs thanks to WoW and I didn’t really feel like taking the time to learn to play it.

As much as I would like to see a brand new Final Fantasy, I am hoping the reveal is going to be Versus 13. I have been excited for that once since they announced it, and it’s taken way too long to come out.

Sorry to post so many times, but I also wanted to mention the newest game I am now playing, as of the 20th of this month. I just picked up Project Diva F for the PS3 when I was at ACen. I have been hooked on that game for the last few days. I finally just completed all the songs on normal, now I have to go back and try them on hard.

So over the past week I have taken quite a hard leap into Phantom Brave: We Meet Again, and I plan to have the game finished in the next week or two. I have no clue how much of it is left, and I do not want to find out. It has been quite amazing, and I eagerly await whatever comes next in this magically fantastic game. :cheer:

I have also been playing Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 2. You cannot rightly play one-player with that game after you have played two-player with a friend; it just seems to be that kind of game. :stuck_out_tongue:

Tried to play Tomb Raider, the newest one. It was horrible. It’s opening sequence actually made the oft-lambasted one of Resident Evil 6 look good.

Why is it that whenever I play a game in a pre-existing franchise that has been semi-recently brought under the thumb of Square Enix that I find horrible “damsel-in-distress” “moe” female characters?

The borderline-blind girl with the hair over her eyes in Horizon in the Middle of Nowhere is a more assertive and competent character than the new Lara Croft.

This might be the worst $17 that I’ve spent on a game…

[quote=“celestial_being” post=145569]Tried to play Tomb Raider, the newest one. It was horrible. It’s opening sequence actually made the oft-lambasted one of Resident Evil 6 look good.

Why is it that whenever I play a game in a pre-existing franchise that has been semi-recently brought under the thumb of Square Enix that I find horrible “damsel-in-distress” “moe” female characters?

The borderline-blind girl with the hair over her eyes in Horizon in the Middle of Nowhere is a more assertive and competent character than the new Lara Croft.

This might be the worst $17 that I’ve spent on a game…[/quote]

It’s a reboot, it’s Lara’s First adventure, This is the story about where she goes from inexperienced youth to hardcore survivalist adventurer.

[quote=“Series5Ranger” post=148611]

, the newest one. It was horrible. It’s opening sequence actually made the oft-lambasted one of Resident Evil 6 look good.

This might be the worst $17 that I’ve spent on a game…

It’s a reboot, it’s Lara’s First adventure, This is the story about where she goes from inexperienced youth to hardcore survivalist adventurer.[/quote]

So I’ve heard. The problem with that is she’ll never become the capable character that she was, not with the way she was presented even at the end of this horrible game. They took a capable character and turned her into a demure damsel and that’s something that I have no interest in whatsoever. The original Lara Croft was in the middle of the spectrum, between “damsel in distress” and “unbelievable, man-hating termagant”. The new Lara took a dive towards the former. Not for me. Not to mention that the puzzles (really the point of the franchise) were remedial; the game focused more on combat, specifically cover-based shooting, and that’s its biggest failing. Cutscenes showing a worthless, demure Lara Croft are skippable but crappy combat is not.

Currently playing Super Mario Bros. 2 on my 3DS. Just downloaded it. Also I could mention Kirby’s Dream Land 2 as well since I haven’t finished that.

Picked up Final Fantasy XIV two days ago. I am officially hooked on it, lol.

My roommates and I have recently gotten into playing a communal game of The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, but we are closer to the end than we thought we would be, so we are hoping to have Majora’s Mask before we finish. :slight_smile:
Also, more on my own, but I have been playing Stronghold: Crusaders after buying a digital copy. The game is as fun as I remember, but again after a while it gets too easy, even if it is 7v1. :unsure:

Majora’s mask is lots of fun, but WAY harder than Ocarina of Time. What are you playing it on? N64, Gamecube, or Wii?

Recently, I’ve been playing Final Fantasy XIV, Saints Row IV, and an interesting indie game called Papers, Please.

I’m going on a trip to Florida in a couple weeks, so I have a feeling I’ll be playing some 3DS games soon… Namely The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D, and Starfox 64 3D.

We are currently playing it on the N64. I would very much like to get a Wii soon, but it does not seem too likely in our near future. :unsure:

[quote=“Iron K. Tager” post=148749]

We are currently playing it on the N64. I would very much like to get a Wii soon, but it does not seem too likely in our near future. :unsure:[/quote]

I wouldn’t get a new Wii anyway… I would try and find one of the older models that still has the gamecube compatibility.

[quote=“Hornet65” post=148751]

We are currently playing it on the N64. I would very much like to get a Wii soon, but it does not seem too likely in our near future. :unsure:
I wouldn’t get a new Wii anyway… I would try and find one of the older models that still has the gamecube compatibility.[/quote]

I miss the days when console makers imbued their consoles with backwards compatibility. Microsoft, paradoxically, has done the best with b-compatibility as they never put it in their consoles only to take it out later on.

Why are you using the N64? I guess it still works, despite its age, but the GameCube is barely more expensive and worlds better. What controller are you using for the N64? I can’t say that I cared much for the design of the controller as the springs wore out on the analog stick too rapidly; I think I eventually got a 3rd party controller that beat that issue but by the time I got my N64 they were selling for 8 bucks :cheer: