Games You're Playing

Because I own an N64, of course. ^_^; That and there are many games on the N64 that were not brought up to the Game Cube. 0% backwards compatibility too, you know. :stuck_out_tongue: That, and you cannot get the same feel of the game without the right controller or on a virtual console.
I am using a retro-bit controller. It is not the exact same, but close enough to get a very similar feel. :slight_smile:

Iā€™m trying to think of a time that Microsoft had a feature in a console line and the stripped it out.

I canā€™t think of any N64-only game that I would go back and play on the N64; I thought about Smash Bros but Melee was worlds above. Some of the more famous titles for it (eg:Majoraā€™s Mask, which I disliked) were ones that I had to play on PC due to Nintendoā€™s Epic Failure with the RAM Expander (gotta say that the PC greatly improved the graphics).

Iā€™m sort of bewildered as to how you can game on an N64 as the graphics are atrocious; are you using an old CRT tv?

[quote=ā€œcelestial_beingā€ post=148824]Iā€™m trying to think of a time that Microsoft had a feature in a console line and the stripped it out.

I canā€™t think of any N64-only game that I would go back and play on the N64; I thought about Smash Bros but Melee was worlds above. Some of the more famous titles for it (eg:Majoraā€™s Mask, which I disliked) were ones that I had to play on PC due to Nintendoā€™s Epic Failure with the RAM Expander (gotta say that the PC greatly improved the graphics).

Iā€™m sort of bewildered as to how you can game on an N64 as the graphics are atrocious; are you using an old CRT tv?[/quote]

Majoraā€™s Mask was released on the Gamecube, so you canā€™t really count that as a game to go back to the N64 for. I sometimes feel like playing old games, and a lot of those old games are on the N64. The Mario Party games on the N64 were way better than any of the Gamecube, Wii or DS releases. I still play Mario Party 3 sometimes with friends. Goldeneye is still one of the best shooters Iā€™ve ever played, and I do still play it when I feel like doing so. Super Mario 64 got a re-release on the Nintendo DS, but it was awful, so if I feel like playing it, I go for the N64 versionā€¦ Then thereā€™s Donkey Kong 64, Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire, Pokemon Snap, Paper Mario, Mischief Makers, and letā€™s not forget Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon! Also, I know you said Melee is better, and youā€™re right it is, but nothing beats playing through the original Smash Bros. from time to time. The graphics for these games were great for the generation they were made in, and so what if they donā€™t hold up to modern graphics? If thatā€™s the only thing people care about when they play games, Minecraft wouldnā€™t be nearly as popular as it is.

There are a lot of games I would go back to the N64 for, but have since been re-released like Perfect Dark, Banjo Kazooie, Conkerā€™s Bad Fur Day, and Star Fox 64.

As Hornet said, the graphics are not everything; and as I said it is the feel of it that also has a big role to play. I do enjoy playing PokĆ©mon Snap, Episode 1: Racer, Tony Hawkā€™s Pro Skater 2, and the original PokĆ©mon Stadium on the N64. Playing the games on a PC somehow makes them feel less spectacular to me; then again, I never really cared to try since I liked the originals so much. Sure you can slice ham with the thighs on the Wave Racer 64 racers, but it is that seemingly antique look that gives it its charm. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:
I am having a hard time putting it into words, but I really do love the N64, and since I have one I might as well enjoy it, at least until I get a good Wii with the Gamecube compatability, and even then I will probably still go back to the N64 from time to time. :3

Minecraft will run at the native resolution of a given display, giving it less eyestraining graphics than the N64 which taps out at resolutions far below those of any HDTV (640*480 was the pinnacle of N64 graphics, and few games could attain that; wiki says most were using 240). The graphics of the N64 would look better on an old CRT, which is why I asked.

Iā€™m a fan of backwards compatibility but I do wonder why it is necessary to get a Wii with it; do you not have a GameCube? I donā€™t see much of a reason to get a Wii in general as it is just a GameCube by another, more expensive, name; why not skip to the Wii U (since it is backwards compatible with Wii)?

Because I am not interested in getting a Wii U, and I also have many Gamecube games I like that were not brought up to the Wii (and I have no Gamecube). If I got a Wii U, I would no longer be able to play those Gamecube games, so in the interest of playing the games I have now, I will just get a Wii. ^_^;

Every Christmas my cousins and I still have Golden Eye elimination matches which some how always leads to playing hours worth of Battle Tanx knock out rounds! :slight_smile: As crumby as the resolution looks on a 65" television, it still just brings back memories.

-Mo-

I have some fun memories of Battle Tanx II: Global Assault on the N64. It was a fun ā€œarcadyā€ game. Played that game to death in coop. You know, Iā€™ve never understood the legendary status that GoldenEye holds. I didnā€™t play it until long after Iā€™d played other shooters so that might have something to do with it.

Are there any Wii-only games of interest? I didnā€™t happen upon any so I didnā€™t buy one and my Wii-owning friends didnā€™t happen upon any either. Iā€™ve seen that the Wii plays the GameCube games well enough-mostly Melee lol-but isnā€™t it still somewhat pricey? The GameCube is cheaper than dirt.

If I remember correctly, it was quite revolutionary for its time, especially for its multiplayer.

Only those that interest you. :wink: Everyone has their own preferences on games. I enjoyed Phantom Brave: We Meet Again, Super Smash Brothers Brawl, The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, and Tales Of Symphonia (some of which I would really like to complete) and would recommend them to others, but that is only if it falls into their interest. :huh:

I know some of the games I put are multi-platform, but I assume we are only talking about Nintendo consoles. :dry:

Yeah, but you do not have to pay any money for a Gamecube if you have a Wii with backwards compatibility. :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=ā€œIron K. Tagerā€ post=148872]

Yeah, but you do not have to pay any money for a Gamecube if you have a Wii with backwards compatibility. :P[/quote]

So you donā€™t lol. Thatā€™s why I wanted to know about the Wii games.

I canā€™t say that any of those games sound like theyā€™re for me. I enjoyed Symphonia on GameCube but I donā€™t think that the sequel was for me. I want to like the Wii as it is the ā€œlast consoleā€ (as everything after it is just a gimped PC in a special case) but it doesnā€™t look like its in the cards lol. Jumping back to Nintendo taking features away, I wish that Nintendo hadnā€™t taken out Melee characters in Brawl.

Actually I was thinking about titles that were Wii exclusives, not that it really matters lol.

I still have my SNES and a few games as well. Actually, Iā€™m amazed that my DKC game kept its saves all this time! :ohmy:

And since I finally posted in this topic, and not stalking it:

3DS

• Animal Crossing New Leaf (WHY DID I WILLING BUY THIS KNOWING WHAT WOULD HAPPEN?)
  • Picross e2

Steam

• Prison Architect
  • Saints Row 4 some time ago. Beaten it, just need to collect stuff

Iā€™m kicking myself for not having brought along my Xbox. Finally got my tv back so I could play Dead Space 3 without missing half of the game and I didnā€™t bring my console.

Update: Beat Kirbyā€™s Adventure + Dream Land 2. Currently playing The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages. This gameā€™s a pain.

Update, started on Shantae (GBC version) on my 3ds (bought it at the same time as the picross game I mentioned, just now started on it :stuck_out_tongue: DAMN YOU NOOK!!!)

Started on Mark of the Ninja Thursday. I think Iā€™m near the end now.

So on my plane ride to Florida, I played The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D. Iā€™ll probably do the same on my way back to New York. Afterwards, Iā€™ll probably go back to playing Final Fantasy XIII-2, and Final Fantasy XIV.

iam currently playing vampire the masquarade bloodlines,what a epic rpg that is.
also fallout new vegas,its good but it lacks the charm of fallout 3. fsllout 3 had better story and presentation, new vegas is more open world roleplaying style like skyrim.
and also iam enjoying primal on the ps2,very underrated gem

Creeper World 3

I recently joined one of my friends on a free private server for World of Warcraft, and thus-far am enjoying my return. The server is set specifically to Wrath of the Lich King since we do not particularly like the new expansions, and is as close to the official servers as possible in terms of experience, levels, gear, etc. At least now I am not as bored as I have been any more. :stuck_out_tongue:

I really enjoyed WoW up until Cataclysm. I didnā€™t play during Burning Crusade, but I heard it was a lot of fun back then. Even more so than Wrath of the Lich King. Although I really liked Wrath. :slight_smile:

So Iā€™ve been playing a lot of games with my friends now. I got back into World of Tanks after taking a break from it for a couple months. I started playing War Thunder again, which is essentially World of Tanks with planes, only better than Wargamingā€™s own take on planes: World of Warplanes. Iā€™ve also been playing a lot of Garryā€™s Mod, and the Battlefield 4 Beta. Lastly, and most importantly, Iā€™ve been playing a whole lot of Pokemon X.