Gatchaman Crowds

Episode 06 is now LIVE!

Episode 8 –

spoiler

It was funny to see Paiman drinking so much, and berating himself for running away. All this talk of sacrifice, and I wonder what OD is planning. It’s all very gloomy, but of course when Hajime arrives, she brightens the base up. Sugane tells her that Berg-Katze had destroyed OD’s planet, and caused Paiman to lose a close friend. But Hajime being Hajime, has a brilliant plan. Berg-Katze is having too much fun to stop what he’s doing. So, Hajime says that the Gatchaman should reveal themselves to the public!

Rui bumps into Berg-Katze again, and gets taunted by him. To add insult to injury, Berg-Katze takes Rui’s form, and locks Rui out of his network. It looks like Umeda is going to be a problem too.

Hajime wants to start with a preschool. But the kids see nothing special about these “normal” people. And the press is there for a live broadcast too. They muscle in before Hajime can talk to the kids. Hajime accommodates their demands and transforms, which really excites the kids. Sugane transforms as well and even flies around a bit, delighting the children. I liked how OD dealt with the reporters when they got out of hand.

Hajime talks about Berg-Katze and broadcasts a warning to the public. She also sends out an appeal to LOAD to join them. Many people watching the broadcast show up at the preschool. Sure enough, Berg-Katze makes contact with Umeda. He introduces himself as LOAD, and as Rui. He agrees with Umeda that the world should go down in flames, and wants Umeda to lead the Neo 100.

I can see why Paiman hates kids! LOL But this was a really good idea that Hajime had. Rui does show up at the preschool and meets a little girl that tells him her father is in the hospital because of GALAX. He was one of the Rui’s 100 when Berg-Katze attacked CROWDS, and they ended up in comas. Rui must feel more helpless than ever.

Episode 9 –

spoiler

Hajime introduces LOAD to everyone and I laughed at Sugane’s stuttering reaction. Later, as Rui takes a shower, Utsutsu heals his wounds. Now that they have appeared on TV, Paiman is getting call after call for the Gatchaman to make more public appearances. So far, he’s refusing them all.

Poor Rui has lost everything and people are saying terrible things about him on the web. Hajime tries to comfort him by showing him some of the things people are saying about her, but it isn’t quite the same thing. But she does get Rui to laugh at one point, so maybe he does feel a little better.

Just as Hajime solves the Katze’s riddle, JJ calls them to a meeting. Rui was surprised when everyone disappeared from the room. But JJ’s announcement seemed to really bother Hajime.

Umeda has joined with Katze, still in Rui’s form, for a true revolution. Katze contacts him now and gives him the go ahead. Katze also gives the CROWDS power to all the previous rejects. The people release CROWDS upon the nation and the bloody revolution begins with Umeda at its head. So far, Katze is delighted with the results, while Rui is devastated. Umeda makes threats and demands as “Future GALAX, leader of the Neo 100”.

Everyone is waiting for the Gatchaman to appear, but they can’t for the CROWDS users are human, so they can’t be attacked. Sugane still wants to go though, and Rui stops him. CROWDS has attacked the government and now turn their attentions to the Ministry of Defense. Hajime convinces Paiman to let the Gatchaman go out. Rui blames himself for everything, but Hajime won’t let him.

But before the Gatchaman take action, Hajime has another PR campaign planned - a webcast this time. The public’s questions are answered and Hajime even gets Rui involved to explain about CROWDS. He presents a formal apology and begs the CROWDS users to stop. Hajime promises that the Gatchaman will fight Katze, but the outcome is uncertain at this point. Jou still hasn’t returned, but Hajime is confident that he will. X is beginning to see a change in Rui, but Katze convinces her that he’s the same old Rui and is just updating the world.

The Gatchaman return to JJ as a group. Sugane rejects JJ’s authority, saying that the planet is theirs to protect. Now, why do I get the feeling that this is what JJ wanted to see – the Gatchaman acting as a single unit?

Episode 7 goes up Monday.

Episode 10 –

spoiler

Umeda is having a few discipline problems with his Neo 100. Not everyone sees the revolution as he does. Hajime contacts Katze for a little chat, but it seems she has an ulterior motive. Katze also denies begin behind the Neo 100. Later, he sends the Neo 100 after the Prime Minister. And it seems that Umeda has been cut out of the loop. Katze lets Hajime know what will happen in Tachikawa, but she’s still trying to get Katze to tell her where he is.

Rui has devised a way to make the CROWDS visible, as well as a way to restrain them. They’ll be easier to fight now. The Prime Minister was a little surprised to see that Gatchaman exist. Where was he during the PR campaigns? LOL He’s also more worried about his reputation than the people. I’m glad he was convinced otherwise.

Sugane gets a little carried away. Thankfully Utsutsu was there. Jou is there as well, but he isn’t participating in the CROWDS control and doubts it will work. It was funny the way Paiman saved the Prime Minister, as they tried to evacuate. The Prime Minister is useless and Paiman gives him a good talking to. OD can sympathize with the Prime Minister and perhaps that will wake him up a bit.

Jou has given up on himself and everything else, but it looks like Sugane is about to help by reminding him of when they met. It worked and Jou goes into action! The people cheer him on. And yay to Paiman for letting the Prime Minister have it. The idiot needs to man up and be a leader to his people! Then Paiman gets fired up and goes into action as well when he sees the children at the kindergarten being threatened.

Umeda begs Rui-Katze to stop CORWDS from destroying the city where his wife and daughter. Another idiot that should have considered the result of his actions! And of course Rui-Katze doesn’t care. Why should he? Everything is working out the way he wants it to. Umeda annoys Katze and he sends out Umeda’s name and address out into the internet and reveals him as the leader of the Neo 100. Well, he’s ruined now. Katze delivers the final blow when he tells Umeda that he needed an idiot to front things for him.

With Paiman and Jou joining in at the kindergarten, the Gatchaman are finally working as a group. I know they can save the planet!!! Go, Gatchaman!!! (Okay, I got a little overexcited watching this episode. LOL)

Best part of this episode:

spoiler

Was seeing Utsutsu Transform into her G-Suit.

I’m hoping that this will be what tiger and Bunny wasn’t. I’m also hoping that it gets a better dub from Sentai than that show got.

These reviews here make the show seem interesting. Ann’s review made the show sound like a boring mess that is all about gender identity issues, as though it were Wandering Son with superheroes. That didn’t sound interesting to me in the least.

The only thing I see is someone who is a bit too damn hyper active to have a secret identity.

Episode 07 is now LIVE!

Episode 08 is now LIVE!

Episode 11 –

spoiler

I liked how each team member spoke of the way Hajime understood them, even when they didn’t understand her, and how she changed them for the better. They are definitely a team now!

Rui is still trying to get through to X and finally does. But that’s fine – Katze doesn’t need it anymore. Now the Gatchaman can use GALAX to coordinate their attacks. Word quickly spreads that X is back and now everyone can see what’s going on and get the help they need. Hajime has gotten the lame Prime Minister to broadcast as well. He needs to encourage the people, but isn’t doing a very good job. Then he sees that someone called him a “Lame-o Prime Minister” and that seemed to light a fire under his butt! Well, it’s true – he shouldn’t have been so insulted. LOL

Paiman is a real take charge leader and issues orders to the team. I loved Utsutsu’s fragments. Very cool! The Prime Minister seems to be learning a thing or two as well. A state of emergency is declared and free phones are distributed so everyone can get on GALAX. I think the Prime Minister might even begin liking his job now, since he’s “needed”. Politicians – geez!

The Prime Minister finally comes out of hiding and makes a public appearance in order to calm and encourage the citizens. But Katze also appears as the Prime Minister and gives away the power of CROWDS again. That just kind of defeated everything that was accomplished up until this point. The Gatchaman really have their work cut out for them now!

Episode 12 –

spoiler

As people go a bit nuts with using CROWDS, OD invites Katze to the base. CROWDS is getting to be too much for Rui and the Gatchaman to handle. Hajime speaks with Katze again as she wanders around the city. She promises not to kill him, but he accuses her of lying. And when all this is over, Hajime even promises Katze a date! But Katze only laughs as he goes down to the base.

OD finally transforms! And so does Berg-Katze! OD thinks of his friends and it gives him strength, but he still wonders if he’ll ever be able to see them again. At this point, I don’t think he will. OD later meets Rui, and he’s bleeding badly. But he hides it from Rui as he tosses her the NOTE. Once she runs off, OD gives in to his injuries and collapses.

Unfortunately, Katze is still alive and waiting for the planet to destroy itself. Meanwhile, Rui comes up with a plan. She announces a game where everyone world-wide will receive the power of CROWDS, but each person will have to decide for themselves how to use it. Rui would like everyone to join the Gatchaman and be heroes – for points!

People join the game and the CROWDS in Tachikawa increase, but the Gatchaman and other officials are wondering if it was really a good idea. The people in Tachikawa also need food and Rui comes up with another game – “Fast and Furious Rice Balls”. And the other game has developed a sub-game – “Neo100 Hunter”, which seems to be taking care of the Neo 100 just fine. Others are using CROWDS to help clean up the streets and reunite families. Rui is incredibly pleased with the way things are turning out.

The Prime Minister makes the announcement that all of the Neo 100 have been dealt with and also announces the end of the CROWDS game. It seems his popularity has increased as well, now that he’s taken a stand. But things aren’t quite over yet and the Prime Minister then announces the continuation of the game. Hajime tells Rui that everyone is a hero.

Katze returns to the outside world and is stunned and disappointed to see nothing much wrong. He sees the “Fast and Furious Rice Ball” game taking place and tries to instigate the watching crowd. He’s ignored, so he visits other parts of the city, and everything is fine. This really annoys Katze and he disappears. Hajime checks in with her mother and tells her that no matter what happens, Hajime will always be herself.

A year later, the Prime Minister is holding a press conference. He seems to be working hand in hand with his people now. X and GALAX are a big part of that. Hajime is still talking to an invisible Katze, but he seems to be within her own body now – a fitting prison. That must have been some date! What a great show! There were a couple of unanswered questions, but all in all, it was a real feel good type of anime. I think Hajime could inspire anyone to be a hero!

Episode 09 is now LIVE!

Episode 10 is now LIVE!

Episode 11 is now LIVE!

Gatchaman Crowds Anime Gets 2nd Season

posted on 2013-10-26 03:05 EDT
Gatchaman Crowds Second to air on NTV

Episode 12 is now LIVE! (END)

Sankei: Gatchaman Crowds Sequel Prospects Also Include Film

posted on 2014-01-29 23:48 EST

I’m Gloomy that i probably won’t be able to fit this figure into my budget

Utsutsu Prototype (non Painted):

The detail in the body contrasted with the lack of detail in the moe-styled face is kinda weird.

Interesting that despite being unpainted there’s stil some shading in the eyes for the pupil and iris.