Ghost Stories / Gakkō no Kaidan

Ghost Stories/Gakkō no Kaidan

Genres: comedy, horror, mystery, supernatural
Themes: demons, detective, ghosts, school, spirits
Objectionable content: Mild
Plot Summary: Kids and ghosts. When young Satsuki finds an old book of spells from her passed away mother, she gains the power to fight ghosts that are haunting her new school. With the help of her friends, and of a really wicked devil cat, she must protect everyone around her or be haunted for ever more.
Number of episodes: 20
Vintage: 2000-10-22 to 2001-03-25

ANN Info Page

Took me an hour and a half just to do this one. I suck at these things. I don’t know how to do links to buy series or link to ANN in blue like the other pages, so let me know how this is, and I’ll start the Slayers pages.
Slick

Great post, thanks for the help. I added the Buy link for you.

This is a hilarious show that everyone with a comedic bone should check into… it’s not for the timid though as some of the jokes get pretty graphic at times. :wink:

this is personally one of my favorite dubs of all time. They way they make the little brother seem retarded is f**king hilarious. You feel so horrible for laughing at it, but you can’t help it. This show gets my highest recommendation, which I think I’ll make the symbol for my highest recommendation Chiyo Chan’s dad

I wholeheartedly approve of this image. Great idea. LOL

May I use it myself too?

she’s all yours captain

this tv show was realy funny i might wotch it again one day.

fixed

This show was so awesome, tykes! Hmm… my favorite ep was either 5 or 6, whichever one has the ghost of the sports festival. I laughed my tykes off and kept rewinding it!

If opportunity arises, I’m going to watch this again.

Discotek Licenses Ghost Stories TV Anime

posted on 2013-08-28 22:50 EDT
Gakkō no Kaidan was once released by ADV Films in 2005

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Not Discotek, the destroyer of anime. I can only think of one anime company that I hold in greater contempt than Discotek. Botched releases, shoddy packaging and a less-than-sterling reputation.

Many times Greg Ayres has quipped at cons across the land that he believed that Ghost Stories should be redubbed every so many years to update its references. Now that will never happen.

I suppose the only consolation here is that there are no extras for them to strip off.

How can Sentai rescue so many Sunrise titles from Bandai but yet it can only rescue a small handful of ADV titles?

Another black day for anime fans.

Just wanted to note that someone’s posted some highlight videos on youtube for this series. That’s really the official dub? Wow. I laughed a bunch at this.

2 Likes

Yep, that’s the real dub. A classic.

Still too bad that Sentai couldn’t save this from the hands of (shudder) Discotek.

:laughing:

Ghost Stories Anime Returns to Japanese TV in September

August 17, 2015 3:27pm CDT
Animax will rebroadcast supernatural TV anime that originally aired in 2000

Animax you say. Wonder if they’ll be playing it with the classic English dub, original Japanese, or a brand new ‘faithful’ English dub.

Crunchyroll Adds Ghost Stories to Streaming Lineup

January 14, 2016 3:01pm CST
10 episodes weekly for Free members, complete series for Premium beginning at 3PM PST

1 Like

Ghost Stories - Did You Know Anime? Feat. Anime-BOM

RetroCrush Adds Ghost Stories

posted on 2021-01-27 00:02 EST by Rafael Antonio Pineda

2 Likes

Ghost Stories Funniest English Dub Moments #1

2 Likes