Girls und Panzer

REEEEELY!? :stuck_out_tongue:

My Panzer IV

My StuG III

My Panzer 38(t)

The StuG and the Panzer IV are different models than the ones in the Anime, but they’re as close as you can get.

I have a skin for my M3 Lee, but I haven’t edited the crew names and images yet.
I did this real quick after posting this. I could have done a better job removing the white background on some of the images, but it still looks good.

I also have skins for the Churchill VII, and all the Sherman tanks, but I don’t own any of them

(I didn’t personally make any of these skins, however I did rename the crew and edit the crew images myself :slight_smile: )

Well, for episode 7

spoiler

It looks like a Soviet style group will be their opponent. A group of T-34’s would even trickier than the Shermans, but if they throw in some T-34/85’s and an IS 1 or 2, end game for our girls :ohmy: For some reason I doubt they will get new tanks, but maybe they might.

The “Panzer 38(t)” is actually the Model 38T. It’s NOT German, but Czechoslovakian. The Germans acquired them after they invaded and conquered Czechoslovakia in early 1939. They stopped being used as tanks by 1942, but most had their turrets removed and refitted as self-propelled guns. The most widely-used had the 75mm/L50 of the later model Pkfw MkIV. with a three-piece glacis kit bolted to the deck.

Here's a pic of the original StG III

Here's a pic of the original Pkfw Mk.IV

Here's a pic of the later version of the Pkfw Mk.IV Ausf G

The Czech Model 38T

The 38T as an SPG

The 38T converted to Jagdpanzer 35 Hetzer

There was also a 38T refitted as a Flakpanzer with 30mm cannon

The King Tiger

The Panther

The monstrous Jadgpanzer IV with 127mm cannon

NOTE: I am hosting these images myself.

I don’t think that’s the original Panzer IV
 That’s more likely the D variant.

The original Panzer IV Ausf. A:

As compared to the Panzer IV Ausf. D

Notice the differences in the turret first, the Commander’s cupola sort of looks the same for both variants, though they are noticeably different. The Chasis is even more noticeably different between the two variants. The driver’s viewport is different, as is the hull machine gun plating
 Just thought I would point that out. :slight_smile:

ANYWAY

Episode 7

spoiler

Well, it seems like they found some new stuff
 A Char B1 bis (French heavy tank), what looks like a 7.5 cm KwK 40 L/43 gun, which could replace the smaller 7.5 cm KwK 37 L/24 currently mounted on the Panzer IV, and I’m not entirely sure, but that either looks like a Tiger I, or it could be the Porsche Prototype Tiger, called the VK4501 (P), and sometimes called the Tiger (P), although that’s also the designation for the Elefant
 Both the Tiger I, and the VK4501(P) look similar from the front, and since I can’t see the rest of the tank, It’s hard to tell. I’m going to guess that it’s the VK4501(P) since the turret is positioned closer to the front of the hull, which is what it looks like here. The Tiger I’s turret is mounted closer to the center of the hull.

What has me confused a little is the ending sequence. It shows Miho’s team in their tank, but the issue is that it’s not the same tank. The most noticeable difference, is the length of the gun, which suggests they replaced the old gun with the longer one
 which is fine, and that makes sense, however they have also replaced the turret, and the chasis as well. That’s not just a Panzer IV Ausf. D with a bigger gun, that’s a Panzer IV Ausf. F/2 which is a whole different model of the Panzer IV. How did they do that!?

here is the Panzer IV Ausf. F/2 (Note, this was later renamed to the Panzer IV Ausf. G, so the F/2 is basically an early G variant. The G had further modifications done in some places, which is why I’m saying this is an F/2 rather than a G.)

If you look back to the earlier picture of the Ausf D, you’ll notice a huge difference in the turret and Chasis
 I don’t think I need to explain those differences, you can just look for yourself :stuck_out_tongue:

Episode 7

spoiler

Okay, here is where I have to call “BS” on this show. And it isn’t even about the tanks.

So, during a primary match, Miho jumped out of her tank to save the lives of five of her classmates.

In real life, “TANK IN WATER!!” Sirens blare as match is put on hold and rescue team goes out. This is a High School Sport, not war. Lives are in danger, kids lives, and they would be made top priority. Miho’s actions would have gotten much praise.

In the anime, “You should have let them die to win the match.” :huh: Seriously, they put winning the match over the lives of five people. Oh, and the match wasn’t stopped for an emergency, I guess ‘accidents’ just happen and have to go on
 I have to call BS and bad writing on this. If any coach kept playing a game while ignoring the fact five of his kids got struck by lighting, he would have been fired and maybe even jailed.

They should have gone with something different, like her tank was pushed over the side by her own “jealous and frustrated” teammates or something like that during a practice. And her family says, “Suck it up. Winning matches is more important than your life in high school. No, I will not punish the team because we need them to win.” However, after another threat, she does not go to the last match and they lose, blaming her. Something that is not CRIMINAL NEGLECT!!!

Oh, and Hornet, I think the tank in the end credits is the Tiger 1 or P.

More Episode 7

spoiler

@redshirt1 , I think it was more along the lines of -rather than continuing on with the match and letting the emergency crews take care of it, which would undoubtedly have taken some time (perhaps too much time) considering the hazardous weather, she chose to help them
 maybe.

The tank in the end credits can’t be any form of Tiger tank
 The turret, tracks and wheels don’t belong to the Tiger I or any of its prototypes. It’s definitely a Panzer IV.

http://i.imgur.com/HDCoh.jpg

Mystery Tank in ship

spoiler

A Panther

to

or

Tiger

Or do I dare say
 King Tiger?

unlikely given I see a machine gun port in the turret.

Edit: Other pic

Second Edit: Could be Tiger P, but though the tracks match end credit tank, the turret and hatches don’t, still panzer iv.

About that mystery tank

spoiler

I had considered the panther and the Tiger II, but both have sloped frontal armor, and though it’s kind of hard to see whether that armor is sloped or not, I don’t think that it is. However, it’s the gun mantlet that really sells it as a Tiger I or Tiger P.

Both the Tiger I and the VK4501§ used essentially the same turret designed by Krupp. Here’s that turret as mounted on a Tiger I. Notice the spots I’ve circled on the mantlet

Now here’s the tank from Episode 7, with those same spots that I’ve marked again with circles
 They were hard to see, but they’re there.

I only know of a couple tanks that used that turret design, so I’m going to guess it’s either the Tiger, or the Tiger P.

I’m going to throw my TAN Dollars in on it being a Tiger I, There’s a couple spots which don’t seem like they’re from the VK4501.
I take that back, it’s definitely a Tiger P. I rewatched the episode, and from a different angle, you can see that the turret is actually turned 90 degrees to the left, and what you’re looking at is the side of the tank hull
 With that, I can tell it’s most likely a Tiger §

Girls & Panzer BDs/DVDs 2-6 Delayed 1 Month Each

posted on 2012-11-28 23:51 EST by Lynzee Loveridge

Episode 04 is now LIVE at TAN

The differences between the A and D were mostly cosmetic. It wasn’t until the F, that the turret was completely redesigned to accomodate the 75mm/L50 KampfwagenKanone 40. The original gun was KwK 37, which was a 75mm/L24 infantry support cannon.
This is much like the PzKw Mk III, which originally had a 37mm/L46.5 KwK 36, which was derived from the PaznerAbwehrKanone 36, but underwent a turrent redesign to accomodate the KwK 38 50mm/L42, KwK 39 50mm/L60, until the limited production Ausf N that had a Kwk 37 75mm/L24 originally used in the Mk IV.

Episode 7
 battle?

spoiler

Forgot to mention, several people were upset that the tank battle was a brief ten seconds of saying they won. Also, they won without their new tanks as they couldn’t be made ready in time. People were wondering how they won.

Answer is this: That school used WW2 Italian tanks. Yeah, what our girls had were good enough to take out those thin hull generally bad tanks. With their improved shooting skills, they just out shot the Italians in that terrain.

indeed

spoiler

Some of those tanks weren’t even real tanks, they were tankettes, which weren’t meant to go up against anything there
 On top of that, many Italian tanks were BOLTED together.

Tanks usually come either riveted or welded together. Rivets have a chance of breaking on impact with high explosive rounds, so just imagine how weak and easy it would be for a bolt head to break under the same circumstances. The tank would practically disassemble itself.

But don’t go mocking their automotive package
 that was top notch stuff
 being Italian and all.

Episode 8

spoiler

Well, both sides had a bit too much hubris before battle. However, our team seemed to lose more control to the point of not even listening to Miho, which lands them in deep trouble. And to add even more weight to poor Miho, the school future bomb was dropped on her. We will have to wait to next week to see how they pull out of it.

Other random thoughts. Someone pointed out the tanks were numbered 1-8, and now only 7 is unaccounted for. (The Tiger P is among the counted). I hope they find a Pershing before the last match.

And some potential crew members? The mechanics and

Edit: Forgot to mention one thing. One German saying during WW2 was, “Don’t worry about the Russian’s first shot. They always miss.” Seems true this time round too!

Episode 05 is now LIVE at TAN

Girls & Panzer’s Last Episode Slated for January 9 by AT-X

posted on 2012-12-10 22:56 EST by Egan Loo

Episode 06 is now LIVE at TAN

Brace yourself Hornet

Girls & Panzer Delays Episode #11 Tentatively Until March

posted on 2012-12-15 13:55 EST by Egan Loo

Aww
 That sucks!

But, it can’t be helped I suppose. These things happen
 I’m just disappointed that this probably means I’ll have to wait even longer to give Sentai all of my money for the DVD release (or hopefully a blu-ray release).

I just hope they realize soon that the StuG III isn’t a “Panzer III with an assault gun.” It IS an assault gun. That’s what Sturmgeschutz means (Assault Gun), which is what StuG is short for. I’ve never seen the StuG be described as a Panzer III with an assault gun before this
 that’s just silly. It would be like calling the Jagdpanzer 38(t) a Panzer 38(t) with an AT gun
 So I understand that in the anime, they’re probably saying something along the lines of III assault, but they could at least subtitle it as “StuG III” or something since that’s what they mean. :angry:

/rant

I think what they mean, Hornet, is that the StuG III is built on a Panzer III chassis, which it was. Too bad about the delay. What’s the reason? Lack of spare parts for the tanks? :whistle: :laugh: