Girls und Panzer

They actually did better than that, not only did they make an English trailer, but they dubbed the first episode with a special dub just for the con.

They’re pulling out all the stops for this seires, and righly so, as it’s rather awesome.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but, in addition to the 2 bona fide typos present, you have put “awesome” where the word “crap” clearly belongs. :frowning:

Yeah, I saw that too. I’m curious if they will be sticking with the same cast when they dub the show or not.

That’s your opinion Celestial, you hated it, Coffee liked it. Me, I thought the basic concept kind of silly, but I liked the characters, and seeing the characters’ journey through the story made me feel like it was worth watching. Will I get it when comes out on Home Video? Maybe.

except they have failed with the subtitles so i assume they will fail with any dub.

had i not seem this already in CR, then i would have little to know idea what Sensha-do or whatever is. Tankery, was pretty self-explanitory.

if you are going to translate something into English, then do it. replace words with like words that give the information that calling things needlessly Bushi-do, Ninja-do or whatever.

Bake-ry, Tank-ery, its understandable. the Nihongo term need not be used. it isnt a real thing even if a “proper name”. it is just a wargame, so why not cal it “wargames”?

it is good it is emulating Funi thought with giving things a website, but if it is anything like thte TAN website that is always having problems, nothing is correct, etc… then it will quickly fail and nobody will care if a series has its own website or not.

took 6 attempts to reply to this already because of the “something went wrong”, and that needs to be fixed before i have faith that individual show websites will be any better than just having them on here under “THE SHOWS” tab.

oh the humor. is this a hentai joke?

http://www.girlsundpanzertv.com/news.html

Silly boys, tanks are for girls!

I agree. I had repressed that this had occurred in their subs. If they continue to use Japanese terms in their English dub, terms which have more well-known and appropriate English equivalents, then the dub will be unwatchable for me. That would make this series a complete bust as far as I’m concerned.

If only there had been a story.

I like the show so far ep.04 on Time Warner on F.V.O.D. in Sub version:

spoiler

Interesting that the School and its town are on an Aircraft Carrier,is this for all the schools in this series or just that school?

I like the ending animation as it is showing each team and their tank in Distorted/Gag face bouncing along as the credits roll.

In the match in ep.04 the team in the red painted tank with the banners on it, get taken out by the St. Gloriana team’s tanks, as they think they are hidden behind a fence due their tanks low profile, Not!, the banners gave them away.

Another interesting thing was The commander of the St.Gloriana Women’s Academy team having tea while in battle and her remarks about not spilling a drop of their tea.

The funny part was the girls of Ooarai Girls Academy all having to do that embarrassing fish dance for losing the match and one girl saying she can’t get married now, where did she get that idea? LOL!

Like the use of “The Battle Hym of the Republic” for the Team using the Sherman Tanks coming up in the next episode.

This series is going to be interesting to watch as it goes on.:slight_smile:

There was a story if you had looked. It was Miho’s journey of self-discovery with her coming to terms with Tankery and finding her own path and style with it, turning it into something she could finally enjoy on her own terms.

I find the concept silly as hell but also finding it a fun watch. :lol:

I also thought the show would be silly and yet after watching four episodes, I like it. Sure, it stretches the suspension of disbelief a good bit, but so what? Girls piloting tanks is probably no less ridiculous than girls piloting giant robots that fly and can appear out of thin air.

Hornet65, I think that in Episode 7:

spoiler

what Miho did the right thing in going to save the girls in the tank that went into the water,and that her Onee Sama and Oba Sama were wrong in their opinions about her actions,its what makes her a good commander.

This is born out in episode 11 just as the match against Mihos’ former school is about to start,one of the girls from that tank comes up to her to thank her for helping them when she did.

Do you know if there is a name for the artwork in the end credits that shows the crew of the different tanks in the hatches of their in the way they are depicted?(large heads),they almost look like bobble heads,I think I have seen this art work before though I am not sure of where and when it was and on what show it was on.

I have to say that you make some dam good points in your post(Good Work Today,keep it up.) on this series,I think that they should have the info on the rules for Sensha-Do a lot earlier in the sereis rather than putting it in Ep.12 “Introductions 2!”, I like this show, I give it 5 Stars can’t wait for it to available for sale on DVD at rightstuf.com.

It’s called chibi or super deformed style.

Wow. I’m glad to see that Sentai is finally back to doing narrated trailers for shows. A return to the good old days, though this wasn’t as fun as the old, cheesily done Jason Douglas trailers of yesteryear (or the Andrew Love “Cradle to the Grave” TAN ad). Though why is this only in 480?

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-07-30/english-dubbed-girls-und-panzer-trailer-streamed

BTW, how is the clattering of tank tread cute? If that sound is cute then nails on a chalkboard must be adorable.

…I like the sound of tank treads :blush:

But is that sound cute? If so, my next question will be: is the sound of nails on a chalkboard adorable? :lol:

But the biggest question is: Will Sentai have massive promotion for this at Otakon, as they did at AX? If not, to quote the immortal Mr. Torgue: “Imma be pissed!”

I doubt they will, or at least they won’t have a tank. They prob went all out for AX since it was their first con presence there ever, I believe…people will correct me if i’m wrong. They’ve been at Otakon before, so no reason to go crazy with the tanks. Maybe a con premiere of ep. 1 and/or hotties cosplaying as Team Anglerfish.

They already premiered Ep. 01 at AX, with a special dub even, just for the con.

Which brings to mind, I’m really hoping they include that “pilot” Ep. 01 as an extra on the release.
That would be a rather nice extra inclusion.

Sentai’s presence at Otakon has never been even close to that of what they had at AX. At AX they had a legitimate booth, cosplayers, giant promo displays and a tank. At Otakon 2012 they had a few tables put end-to-end and covered with a table cloth. At Otakon 2011 they had 2 tables in an “L” formation with a tablecloth.

The Sentai booth at Otakon has been wimpier than the Media Blasters booth and that’s a crying shame IMO. Now that I know that they’ve got the awesomeness it’ll be disheartening if they don’t bring it. I don’t want the best industry booth attraction to be a gel banana and stripper pole setup as it was last year. Unless Funimation brings a huge Titan in there’s no way that they could even hope beat a tank…

EDIT: The Otakon schedule still isn’t interactive (just a png file) yet but it looks as though the only things “new” by Sentai that are being shown are AKB0048 (in SD!), and I don’t know if that is dubbed, and Medaka Box (HD). TBH the video selection for Otakon looks pretty weak. A lot of older shows, a dearth of dubbed shows and a surprising number of shows with new dubs (eg:Hatchin, Haganai) being shown subbed. Chrono Crusade is one of the few things being shown dubbed…

They’re adorable, and no nails on a chalkboard isn’t. The two sounds are very different though. Different pitch and frequency for one thing…

And I doubt they’ll do much for Otakon… They went all out with AX, so I think that was their big convention for the year.