Godannar / Shinkon Gattai Godannar!

[url=http://www.theanimenetwork.com/Anime/Godannar/Watch][/url] [b]Episodes 01-26 (Dub) are now LIVE![/b]

IIRC I watched some of this on TAN VOD but didnā€™t see it all the way through for some reason.

you did, cause i never seen it anywhere else beefore. it was either TAN or Tech-TV/G4TV.

high school girl married to army mech pilot, and wherever it was on TV didnt show all the episodes.

think it was like 6 years ago it was on TV.

What?
How can they not have that awesome trailer on there?
That trailer is gold, babyā€¦gold I say.

According to my records, it played on TAN VOD August 2007-July 2008.

Complete Collection Cover/Disc Art

DVD

I know now why I didnā€™t watch it all the way through.

So much yelling. Oh, so much yelling. By the characters, mostly at each other. And repetition of bits and pieces. Iā€™ve watched the first 7 or so episodes, but I find myself fast forwarding through parts of them, or looking at a book or magazine during it. I mean, literally, episode 6 they completely summarize in the preview to episode 7 and you could miss 6 and lose nothing in continuity. Is it supposed to be somewhat satirical or something beyond the usual comedy/action?

I donā€™t know. I remember groaning when I saw this one back when it was sold at singles at Suncoast (and when Suncoast existed at seemingly every mall near and far).

Iā€™m hoping that itā€™ll actually turn out to be a fun and borderline brilliant satire that I didnā€™t give a proper chance to as I wanted a serious (and less prurient) show the first time around, as happened with me and Nadesico (though in my defense I blame the J-dub for that as that cast didnā€™t get the memo that the show was a joke; Greenfield did).

Iā€™m somewhat surprised that a Sentai release is coming with a physical extra. Thatā€™s almost a ā€œred letterā€ event.

No, not satire; more like a big, old love letter to old school mecha: where the men screamed at the top of their lungs, the women screamed back too, final attacks are screamed out to make them stronger, stock footage style sequences, OP and ED that scream retro, etc.

All with a modern helping of fanservice and digipaintā€¦

Iā€™ll have to pick it up at some point. Iā€™m pretty sure that I didnā€™t even see the whole first dvd even.

This discussion reminds me of Nadesico and, by extension, how Nozomi got that one instead of Sentai (thus losing the already rare English extras for it). http://mysporttrac.com/shared/graphics/sad.gif

Complete Collection Cover/Disc Art

Blu-ray

2 Likes

Time to also give this sucker another GOH!

see what I did thereā€¦ahā€¦ahā€¦:rofl:

3 Likes

Just got my ship notice from Right Stuf for the Blu Ray collection

1 Like

OK I got my copy today and I just have to ask, why were the 4 discs ep breakdown the way it was?

I get breaking them up into Seasons (Probably licensor mandated) So discs 1-2 cover Ep 1-13, and 3-4 cover Eps 14-26, with the usual 9-4 , 9-4 eps breakdown, but was it cheaper to print 2 BD 50ā€™s and 2 BD 25ā€™s? If so never mind me asking I understand. If not, 4 BD-50ā€™s with a 7-6, 7-6 Eps Breakdown would be more desirable as you could get better bitrates that way. you could get a whole extra Gigabyte / episode. But hey thatā€™s just me.

1 Like

Wonder if the original plan was three BD50 disc ,but it was cheaper with 2 BD50 and 2 BD25 ?

Just hopefully the video and audio is good . Was a bit of errors made earlier this year .

1 Like

Doing a rewatch of this show and I have to wonder. How the heck did Brett Weaver and Hilary Haag keep their voices intact. I mean theyā€™re screaming almost every other scene lol

3 Likes

Thereā€™s something that they could have put into a commentary track.

Man, I miss those. How many years has it been since Sentai commissioned a new one? The last one offhand that I recall was on Garden of Words, and that was eons ago.

When I rewatched this one, well, a few years ago now (tempus fugit is legit), I remember enjoying it a lot more than I did the first time around.

2 Likes

They were young bucks & does back then.
I can tell you myself, the things I did back then EASILY is a little more harder today.

Ahhhā€¦the power of two yutes.

Itā€™s time for a Godannar The Next Generation series.

3 Likes

Just a note that in the Godannar timeline Go, Mira, and Shizuka are all about 1-2 years old now

2 Likes