Hell Girl / Jigoku Shōjo

[quote=MrBoomba]

[quote=rebecca12]
Was thinking a good subject for an episode would be to have a character who enters his own name at the Hell Link… like say if the cross-dressing brother from ep. 9 despised one side of himself, blamed it for his unhappiness, whatever, and entered that name in an effort to send that side to hell.[/quote]

That would be kinda different, but would be greeted by the fact ones soul is one being the brain simply interprets it differently, so it would most likely be a boring episode… Unless there were two souls fighting each other constantly giving the differences… Like a Siamese twin or something.[/quote]

Actually, it would work with a person with multiple personalities. Now THAT would make an interesting episode-what would Ai ferry across the River Styx?

Ep. 10: the guy who sends Tetsuro to hell is a car nut, who takes care of what is obviously an older sporty car - I’m not up enough on Japanese cars to recognize exactly what it is. It seems to me he used Hell Link to track the guy down, then when he found what a loser Tetsuro was, and to top it off gets coffee spilled over him, that was enough and he pulled the string.

Episode #10

Hmmm, this episode was a bit odd to me in how they did it. Why have a random guy who just happened to get coffee spilt on him and have the same guy ram a car into his and run off. It just doesn’t make much sense to damn someone to hell for this condoling yourself there as well for such minor things. Perhaps it was one of the meanings of the story? To always watch out for what you do to others, own up to things you’ve done or it may come back to haunt you one day?
What did yall get from this episode? That is just my guess.

I just checked out episode 9 and all I have to say is wow…[spoiler] I guess every one of these horror anthology series needs a creepy incest story. I know Requiem From The Darkness had one as well, though that was even more messed up.

But I do have one question: When he wen to the hotel with that one guy, how did he not guess it was a guy? I just don’t get it…lol

Seriously though, seducing your sister’s boyfriends because you are in love with her? WTF???[/spoiler]

Episode 11 –

Ok, I’m confused. Did Rebecca1/2 predict the future here? Did we just get a split personality that sent herself to hell? This was a really weird episode. But a good one.
It was funny when Kikuri kicked Ren in the shin. She is such a cute brat. Her character is definitely growing on me.

Can someone tell me if it works to just jump into Hell Girl season 2 without having seen season 1? Do I need to see season 1 first? Thank you to anyone who answers! :slight_smile:

[quote=intoodeep21x]
Can someone tell me if it works to just jump into Hell Girl season 2 without having seen season 1? Do I need to see season 1 first? Thank you to anyone who answers! :)[/quote]

Yes, it works just fine to jump in. I didn’t see season 1 and have had no problem following things.

If you get the Independent Film Channel from your cable or satellite TV provider, Hell Girl season 1 will start on 8/2 at 2:30 AM, ET which is also 8/23 11:30 PM PT.

Seriously? That is amazing news, now I wont have to go out of my way to find season 1, lol.

Yes, I’m serious. IFC has one episode of an anime title every Tuesday through Saturday. Times are 2:30 AM, ET or PT, 1:30 AM CT and 12:30 AM MT. If you have satellite, the PT is actually on at 11:30 PM of the day before (Monday through Friday). They carry all Funimation titles. This week they are wrapping up Speed Grapher. Before that they had Witchblade. They also have Gunslinger Girl and Basilisk listed on their website.

Episode 12 –

After his brother, Shun, is killed in a car accident, Michiro seeks revenge against the man that refused to move and allow the road to be improved. But when Hell Girl doesn’t show up, he decides to take matters into his own hands and resort to murder. However, the old man living in the ancient house that was in his family for such a long time just wants to be left in peace. He is the last of his family and I can understand his wanting to die in the home he was born to.
Ai finally does show herself to Michiro, but before he can pull the sting off the doll, the old man dies of natural causes. Angry that he can’t avenge his brother, he snaps and decides that the old man is still alive and that he will have his revenge. I think he’s going to try to ram the house and he speeds up to do so, but Hone had sent Kikuri for some flowers and she just happens to be in the road. Michiro swerves to miss her and almost ends up dying in the same exact spot as his brother, but Wanyuudou saves him just in time.
Hone later gives Michiro the old man’s will just before the house collapses. I liked when Wanyuudou said that the house had died with its master. His will leaves the property to Shun’s family in order to make amends. It was a sad episode, but I’m glad that no one got sent to hell this time. It was a nice change. I also liked the little snippet from Wanyuudou’s story.

If I may talk about Season 1 of Hell Girl for a moment. I just saw the first episode last night. It looks like I’m going to like it just as much as season 2.

One thing I have against it though. I think I like the voice actor for the older character in season 2 than season 1 dub. He has a much lighter voice in the season 1 dub, but he seems like someone that should have a fairly deep voice as he does in season 2.

[quote=MrBoomba]
If I may talk about Season 1 of Hell Girl for a moment. I just saw the first episode last night. It looks like I’m going to like it just as much as season 2.

One thing I have against it though. I think I like the voice actor for the older character in season 2 than season 1 dub. He has a much lighter voice in the season 1 dub, but he seems like someone that should have a fairly deep voice as he does in season 2.[/quote]

You certainly may talk about Season 1, we even have a thread for it if you’d like to continue!

Hell Girl: Season 1

My appologies I had a brain lapse and completely forgot about the other thread. Worse part is i’ve even posted in it before. Ha.

Episode 13 –

It was really funny to see Ai and Kikuri working as waitresses. But it was a shame that Tsubaki finally woke up and had to find out that her father is a serial killer. And he’s dying as well.

[quote=LadyOfWicca]
Episode 13 –

It was really funny to see Ai and Kikuri working as waitresses. But it was a shame that Tsubaki finally woke up and had to find out that her father is a serial killer. And he’s dying as well.

My first thought was that the last guy that he was trying to kill was the guy that served alcohol to the driver that killed his wife and son. I never would have figured he was going after the idiots who were dancing behind the camera.

That does imitate life. No matter the news story, there are always idiots in the background trying to get on TV. But in this story, I can see why the man snapped and took it out on them. It must be awful to deal with a tragedy like that and have people laughing and joking around behind you.

[quote=LadyOfWicca]
Episode 13 –

Do wonder how did Kikuri wake up Tsubaki? She is up to something, just no idea what.

Kikuri is a little imp! I know she has her own agenda, but I also thought she may take over for Ai someday. Just a thought.

[quote=LadyOfWicca]

That does imitate life. No matter the news story, there are always idiots in the background trying to get on TV. But in this story, I can see why the man snapped and took it out on them. It must be awful to deal with a tragedy like that and have people laughing and joking around behind you.

The news is broadcast live from our State Fair and it seems like people are louder and more obnoxious than ever trying to get on TV this year.

Episode 14: it’s not clear to me, but it looks like the little boy gets the blame in the end - because of the same timing of the string pull that saves his life. One would think they could find the same things his dad did and sort it out, but with the actual guy gone… who knows. Either way it’s frankly a pretty (censored)ty result for the kid.