I miss the good ole TAN

I’m not bitching and don’t get me wrong. I’ve watched TAN for just about 4 years now and still love it. Dude the anime network has been with me through all my high school years and as stressed out as i was i could always get on here and have a few laughs and lighten up. After reading Wolfo’s thread about being re-moded i gotta say TAN is becoming more uptight and military like. I understand people are running crazy here but threatening everyone isn’t the answer. I understand i have no say because I’ve done nothing for the site, but damnit I think i do because I have been here since damn near the beginning. Role-playing, 3 website changes (maybe more i don’t know), and the desu era! I miss it… I miss hentai’s witty humor and wolfo’s emo i feel like killing myself attitude. Really sometimes when i’m having a sh*tty day you guys brighten it back up.
It also kind of depresses me to see TAN looking like its falling apart. There use to be a time when there were always ppl on. Now a days its only 2 or 3 ppl on at a time. It feels like we are gonna lose TAN and that would suck because i need some anime every once in a while to make me realize what a nerd i really am.
RAI your the man, man. Keep it up.

Meh. Many people have said this before and it hasn’t changed anything. The forums haven’t gotten any bigger, but on the bright side, they haven’t gotten any smaller either.

You’re just not on at the right time!

In the late afternoon & evening, there are anywhere from 8-15 people on at a time…

That’s when you need to come and check it out! :woohoo:

Since when was I emo ;_ ;

I thought I was just controlling and forceful, but in a way that people actually enjoyed and lol’d about it.

Comic of the day:
http://sinfest.net/comikaze/comics/2009-05-14.gif

Related? You decide!

-edit-
Oh f**k off, why the hell is it auto-resizing something that small.

wolfo wrote:

[quote]Since when was I emo ;_ ;

I thought I was just controlling and forceful, but in a way that people actually enjoyed and lol’d about it.

Comic of the day:
http://sinfest.net/comikaze/comics/2009-05-14.gif

Related? You decide!

-edit-
Oh f**k off, why the hell is it auto-resizing something that small.[/quote]

Okay, I lol’d…

This new forum… it almost makes the original TAN forums look superior. Almost.

Oh and…

Wolfo
emo
…does not compute.

Yeah like Eightdevil said we’ve been pretty much the same for around 2-3 years now. Some people left while new blood have come to take over. The real big decline happened around middle of 2006 for various reasons. We’ve been pretty much the same since that time period. The big wave really happened with the previous big forum redesign at the end of 05…

As far as being more uptight and military like, you don’t remember how the older mods used to be tougher. It’s easy to remember things with only sentimental glasses on. We’ve been too lax for so long and now we’re trying to take it the opposite direction.

Basically you’re seeing things from a limited perspective, you really haven’t been around much in a long while and now you’re back looking at things from a limited period of time as well. The picture is clouded. :wink:

If you want to change things… you can start by participating and posting more. The environment is shaped by you users.

dragoon wrote:

Maybe so, but the really old mods were practically nonexistant.
Jay, Leo and uh, I forget the rest. They rarely posted and most of the time people could get away with anything (within reason). Like picture spam threads.

LOL that’s true. I remember whenever there was some chaos going on in EE, it took several hours til after school for someone to show up to fix it. Even then back towards middle of 06, it really was mostly Hentai, Wolfo, Shak and Haissan around consistently.

dragoon wrote:

Further back; the forums before the previous forums. ;D
That’s what I was referring to. Back in '05. Literally, Jay, Leo, Bacon, they posted one post, maybe once every couple months at most. Rofl

I was having a time warp moment. :slight_smile:

I remember mostly the transition period when there was like no one there at all, then Rai appeared and completely took over. Back then though I only hung out in the VOD section and was reporting problems to him lol or talking about industry stuff with a few of the other people there.

dragoon wrote:

Yeah i remember those lol’ds… that was chaos
but hell maybe your right and i’m just missing out on a lot of things. I know i checked to see how everything was going about a month ago and the site wasn’t up. I didn’t know what to do but to wait and see if it just turned up.
You guys need help with anything, don’t hesitate to recruit :slight_smile:

Pfft, you’re too young for nostalgia. :laugh:

Wait until you can remember back 20 years or more then it really starts to bite.

Kodama wrote:

[quote]Pfft, you’re too young for nostalgia. :laugh:

Wait until you can remember back 20 years or more then it really starts to bite.[/quote]

I’m 22, 23 in October and I am already hearing music I grew up with on the Classic Rock stations. <___<

I miss my old TAN, even though it was more of a TINT. Going to a college with a really harsh winter just sucked it outta me.

[spoiler]

[spoiler]

[spoiler]

[spoiler]

[spoiler]

[spoiler]

[spoiler]

[spoiler]

:cheer: [/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler]

Hentai wrote:

[quote]I miss my old TAN, even though it was more of a TINT. Going to a college with a really harsh winter just sucked it outta me.

[spoiler]

[spoiler]

[spoiler]

[spoiler]

[spoiler]

[spoiler]

[spoiler]

[spoiler]

:cheer: [/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler]

pretty much :cheer:

Word.

http://img32.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pwnt.jpghttp://img32.imageshack.us/img32/5818/pwnt.th.jpg

Hentai wrote:

[quote]Word.

http://img32.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pwnt.jpghttp://img32.imageshack.us/img32/5818/pwnt.th.jpg[/quote]

Psh, bitch please.

I notice a few memebrs haven’t seem to have made it to this incarnation of the forums yet. Or maybe they’re all grounded again.

damn! Now I have to get smashed again and rewrite my “reason not to drink” thread

I kinda know what you mean wierdo… I have been around forever. From day one… I rememver wolfos first day as a girl then guy then girl then milf then guy. I was here when hentai was such a jerk… The god awful slow loading boards and really broken rp battles. Lol remember inu everyone lmao?? But we still had lots of fun… Now ppl are hardly on… I just think many people have moved on and just couldnt keep up with it…