K-On! / K-On! the Movie

Thank you so much @Slowhand!

But no “Don’t Say Lazy”?

:worried:

1 Like

Sorry, I only report 'em as I see 'em. :frowning_face:

1 Like

It’s not your fault Slow. Besides, the OP’s do have a better feel of the show than the ED’s…

But for me, in order, it’s:
Don’t Say Lazy
GO! GO! Maniac!
NO! Thank You!
CAGAYAKE Girls!
Utayo! Miracle!
Listen!

(OP and ED only of course)

Guess I’ll just have to get a Japanese single of it…

2 Likes

It’s the main reason I imported The MonMusu soundtrack since it has Hey! Smith! on it
(The LE Box set Soundtrack didn’t have the OP or ED)

1 Like

Complete Series Cover/Disc Art

Premium Box Set

https://i.imgur.com/pqKz1VR.gif

2 Likes

That’s just a thing of beauty right there.

I find it oddly uplifting that someone requested a K-ON! Collectors Edition all the way back in July 2015, and 3 and a half years later we get one .:blush:

One thing though, is that a typo on the listing, or are only 2 of the 3 textless OP’s included?

I found that strange as well.

Then again, the Nozaki-kun and Failed Knight PBS Soundtracks don’t have the OP or ED either.

Maybe it has something to do with the licensing of the songs themselves :thinking:.

It’s actually quite common for the OP and ED to not be included in soundtracks. Generally, the Japanese record companies want you to buy the singles for those.

Sometimes, the soundtracks will include the TV cut of the themes, but they almost never have the full version.

2 Likes

That sounds right too. The record label makes more money that way, making a separate CD just for each OP and ED.

Was thinking it might be different for the international markets though. At least it seemed that way, back in the early 2000’s. My Mahoromatic CD from Pioneer has the full cuts of both Kaerimichi and Mahoro De Mambo…

1 Like

Some of those Pioneer CD’s did, and some didn’t. It was very hit and miss, and probably depended on who they licensed from.

2 Likes

I’ve got the soundtrack CD for the first season of K-ON. No ED or OP, but everything else. I bought the Gohan wa Okazu - U & I song CD at the MegaCon this year. It has the full length songs & all the separate instrumental tracks, 14 separate tracks for the two songs.

Mark Gosdin

1 Like

14 tracks for 2 songs? :open_mouth:

And the Soundtrack CD is the one you got from the Salvation Army a while back, right?

Yes, I got the Soundtrack CD from our local SA Thrift Store a couple of years ago, you never know what you will find there.

This is the listing for Gohan wa Okazu - U & I in my music library on my laptop :

Mark Gosdin

1 Like

Wow!

I presume Guitar 1 is Yui’s and Guitar 2 is Azusa’s, correct?

Correct. At the booth in the MegaCon they also had the Song CD from the K-ON movie, that was specifically the OP & ED songs.

I just didn’t have enough cash to spring for both of them, they were about $30 each. So, I bought just the one.

Mark Gosdin

1 Like

You’re really lucky @mgosdin. I had to work the entire Megacon weekend for the 5th time in a row…

Side note, $30 seems about equal to eBay BIN prices, so that doesn’t sound too high, but I do understand trying to divide your funds so you don’t spend everything when you first arrive.

1 Like

Gohan

I had already dropped a bundle on a really nice figure of Marisa from the Touhou games, so I was bumping up against my self imposed limit.

You should have seen the Jurassic Park blind box that my oldest son bought. :smile:

I’d already financed my middle son’s cosplay as the “All Your Base are Belong to Us.” alien.

Mark Gosdin

1 Like

Bet you guys had a great time though :grin:

I also know well about the cost of quality figures… :sob:

1 Like

Look what I found on YouTube!:

:scream::scream::scream:

More potential evidence of a “base model” K-ON complete series collection:

Looks like S2 C2 BD is in low stock now too.

1 Like

My package from Japan finally arrived, and here are the treasures awaiting me :blush:

And, then finally, the most beautiful one of them all:

Just for the lols, I got this cup a while back. (Tried to censor it the best I could…) :

3 Likes