Kill la Kill

###AX, Aniplex, and Sony Music Entertainment Japan present Kill la Kill SPECIAL EVENT
May 12, 2014

https://twitter.com/NebsTV/status/467766913255608320

[quote]Kill la Kill English Cast & Physical Release Reveal!
Weds. May 28th
7:00PST
Aniplex Live Show[/quote]

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2014/05/21-1/kill-la-kill-bonus-illustrations-previewed
[size=20]“Kill La Kill” Bonus Illustrations Previewed[/size]
May 21, 2014 5:55pm CDT
Included is a nice swimsuit episode head-fake

The official site for Kill La Kill and retailers pages have begun offering a preview of the art featured on store incentive bonuses for buying the series on home video. Included is a nice swimsuit episode head-fake…

Animate illustration board

Gamers B2 tapestry

Toranoana folding screen

Softmap tapestry

Not pictured, Trigger’s online store is offering a special behind-the-scenes video, HMV has clear posters and 7Netshopping is offering a towel.

via Jarmel:

[QUOTE]Well considering nobody has talked about the Trigger Panel at Animazement, I figure I’ll write out some quick points-

-At the current time, they’re not planning on using Kickstarter again
-They have ideas for Inferno Cop 2 but no budget for it
-For KLK, Imaishi would bring in action figures and that would be a point of inspiration. Like Iron Man for example.

Oh and this was the best part:
Yoshinari described Imaishi’s directing style as skanky and perverted while he aspires to be a gentleman.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]Some other stuff:

-CGI in Episode 3 of KLK wasn’t due to time or budget restrictions but rather the complex camera angles they wanted to use.
-Kaneko was saying that he ran into some conflicts with Sushio. Apparently Sushio is ‘to the point’ or something, in that the way it was translated made it sound like he was either demanding or strict. Same with Imaishi.
-Kaneko oversaw the outsourcing of the background art for KLK in that he seemingly hand-picked the animators. I can’t remember how many but I think it was between 10-20.
-Kaneko listened to rock music (Linkin Park, Chemical Brothers) while doing the background stuff for KLK
-Kaneko used watercolors and brushes for the live demonstration. Imaishi (in production) wanted to see the brush strokes in the art.
-Kaneko worked on Ghost in the Shell and Mononoke(I think the Ghibli film). Both aren’t listed in the ANN database for him.
-KLK was being worked on for three years. I’m assuming that’s pre-production stuff.
-As to how they did Ragyo’s rainbow hair, apparently there’s some sort of predefined setting that they nicknamed ‘the Ragyo effect’ in the office.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]So just got out of the 2nd panel. I somewhat fucked up as so only got to hear half of the panel so somebody else will have to report the bits I didn’t hear.

-Ninja Slayers will ‘most likely’ be completely different from KLK and Inferno cop
-They’re happy about their success worldwide but feel they definitely need to work on their production schedule. They put some emphasis on this. They’re also happy about the progress their young animators have made working on KLK and LWA.
-They’re seemingly fine with parodies as someone in the audience brought up the “Bully La Bully” video they did(the Hotdog Ryuuko) and the staff will look at the video later.
-Yoshinari likes psychological thrillers(this was brought up in the bit about what genre they would like to work in once their production schedule is free). I yelled out for mecha.[/QUOTE]

[size=20]Kill la Kill’s English Dub Trailer Streamed by Aniplex USA[/size]
posted on 2014-05-29 02:20 EDT

A crazy show like this needs a crazy dub to go with it. I’m not getting that from this clip, not at all. Needs a shot of Godannar in their veins, or at least a helping of Needless/Medaka Box.

By the way anyone else notice that Aniplex may actually be starting to get a clue? All of their major releases are starting to come in both formats (DVD and BD) and offering a separate special edition? Granted their prices are still a little excessive but If I had had that option with Fate / Zero or SAO, I’d have been a lot happier.

###COSPA Opens Preorders For Kill la Kill’s Mikisugi & Inumata Glasses
posted on 2014-06-01 13:30 EDT

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2014/06/03-1/official-kill-la-kill-cospla-costumes-go-on-sale

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2014/07/01-1/otakon-to-host-kill-la-kill-dub-voice-cast
July 01, 2014 7:36am CDT
Anime convention held August 8-10 at the Baltimore Convention Center in Baltimore, MD

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-08-06/unaired-kill-la-kill-episode-story-previewed-in-video/.77356
[size=20]Unaired Kill la Kill Episode’s Story Previewed in Video[/size]
posted on 2014-08-06 08:23 EDT
Episode 25 included with last Blu-ray/DVD on September 3

The official website for the Kill la Kill anime series began streaming a 31-second preview for the series’ unaired episode 25, which will debut in the final Blu-ray/DVD volume.

http://dai.ly/x22wlx5

The volume will ship on September 3 with episodes 24 and 25. It will also have audio commentaries, Japanese subtitles, and a web preview video. The limited first pressing of the volume will add a bonus making-of documentary DVD Vol. 3 disc, a case and packaging illustrated by character designer Sushio, and an exclusive book.

The anime’s website also announced that Tokyo’s Shinjuku Wald 9 and Osaka’s Umeda Burg 7 theaters will host advance screenings of the unaired episode on August 30 and August 31, respectively. Writer Kazuki Nakashima and the main cast will attend the screenings.

Just heard the official Aniplex trailer for the kill LA kill dub.

Ladies and gentlemen, we have a winner for Worst dub of 2014. Bang zoom just needs to stop. Seriously. There wasn’t applause on the room after it finished: there were sighs of relief and muttering about “this is why I hate dubs”

Literally doing a disservice to the anime community by steering people away from dubs by doing them poorly is, again, bang zoom.

Kill la Kill OVA to Premiere at New York Comic Con

posted on 2014-09-25 00:00 EDT

[size=16]Otakon Vegas to Host Kill la Kill Character Designer, Animation Director Sushio[/size]
posted on 2014-12-12 12:30 EST
Rebuild of Evangelion films’ key animator to appear at January 16-18 convention

###Kill la Kill to Run on Toonami Starting in February
posted on 2015-01-16 19:17 EST
English dub to debut on Adult Swim on February 7 at 11:30 p.m. EST/PST

As a dub fan I don’t like the idea of putting that dub on TV but I can appreciate Aniplex giving those who want access to the dub a free way to do so.

[size=16]Press Release: KILL la KILL to Debut on Adult Swim This February[/size]
Jan 18th 2015
Smash-Hit Anime Series to Join the TOONAMI Saturday Night Lineup!

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/daily-briefs/2015-01-27/kill-la-kill-toonami-premiere-time-set/.83760

Kill la Kill’s Toonami Premiere Time Set

posted on 2015-01-27 14:01 EST

Aniplex USA announced on Tuesday that Kill la Kill’s new premiere time on Adult Swim’s Toonami block will be February 8 at 12:30 a.m. The series was originally slated to premiere at 11:30 p.m. on the same night, but Toonami’s schedule changed after losing an hour of programming.

ANN ARTICLE: Toonami’s Kill la Kill Promo Video Debuts
CR ARTICLE: Toonami Rolls Out “Kill la Kill” Promo

Kill la Kill Next Saturday at 12:30a

“Major Lazer” Animated Series Features “Kill La Kill” Cameo

April 27, 2015 12:00pm PDT