Kill la Kill

[quote=“LadyOfWicca”]We just seem to be living in the wrong country. :lol:

But I do agree that it would be nice to see them on YT.[/quote]

That’s so true!

[quote=“TheCoffeeGod”]Speaking of Ep. 20…

They mentioned something similar to this in an earlier episode preview, and I couldn’t find the damn thing. It wasn’t on their YT page and I can’t get the videos to play on their homepage ( http://www.kill-la-kill.jp/story/ )

I really wish they would just put them up on their YT channel since I never could get the videos on their homepage to play, so I could at least watch them.[/quote]

I guess it was just specifically for the actual TV airing, as the CR simulcast did actually show the Ep. 21 preview after Ep. 20.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-03-04/imported-kill-la-kill-original-soundtrack-sells-out-again
[size=20]Imported Kill la Kill Original Soundtrack Sells Out Again[/size]
posted on 2014-03-04 00:24 EST

The official United States Facebook page of Hiroyuki Imaishi and Trigger’s battle action anime Kill la Kill announced Monday that the Kill la Kill soundtrack CD is sold out. This is the second time the soundtrack has sold out since it was listed on retailer Right Stuf in December.

Episode 19 –

[details=spoiler]Covers appear in the sky and snap up some of the civilians that were just saved. After devouring them, they are ready to fight, attacking the remaining civilians and tossing them up to their brethren to be eaten. Ragyo is still holding Ryuko’s beating heart and others are coming to realize that Ryuko is her daughter. Mako is captured and not even Gamagoori can save her as she’s pulled inside one of the Covers and devoured.

Ryuko has had enough and slices off the hand that is holding her heart. The heart is absorbed back into her chest and Ragyo reattaches her hand. Of course, Nui has to show up as well. At least Satsuki isn’t dead. She manages to blow up the stadium, but I don’t think it will accomplish much at this point.

It’s a month later and the Covers have taken over the town, as they for new victims to eat. Mako’s little brother is saved by a naked Jakuzure. It looks like she’s joined Nudist Beach. Sanageyama is protecting the fleeing students, but he’s still using his Goku Uniform. However, it’s the last time. The uniform has had it and others step in to help him fight. Sanageyama and the students get away, but the gang lost the fight and is devoured.

In Osaka, the Nudist Beach secret base is back in operation, complete with the Elite Four. But their numbers are few and they don’t have much in the way of weapons. The enemy has taken over all of the academies. Meanwhile, Ryuko seems to be fine, but will not wake up. Mako’s mom and dad, and of course Senketsu, watch over her. When Mikisugi shows up to check on Ryuko, mom can’t take her eyes off Mikisugi’s “glow”. Or perhaps it’s what’s behind the glow that has her so captivated. LOL Mataro is reunited with his parents and Gamagoori promises to save Mako.

Back in the basement of Honnouji Academy, a naked Satsuki is hanging by her bound hands in a cage. She is her mother’s prisoner and Ragyo delights in taunting her. Ryuko’s dad turned out to be quite a man, faking his death, changing his identity, raising Ryuko, and plotting Ragyo’s downfall. Too bad he wasn’t able to save Satsuki as well. It must have been hell for her, growing up with a mother like Ragyo. Satsuki also knows another of Ragyo’s secrets and Ragyo now tortures her daughter, needing her to be filled with rage. Meanwhile, Nui is creating the outfit that will soon devour Satsuki.

Covers have arrived in Osaka and Nudist Beach prepares to meet them in battle. Using a newly developed weapon, Gamagoori keeps his promise and saves Mako! Their reunion was an interesting one. Again, I think Gamagoori may have some feelings for Mako. LOL At least they know that the new weapon works. Mako is given a Nudist Beach uniform, but has trouble putting it on. Only her! LOL

So, what are the Covers up to now, with that horrible music? Well, it certainly woke up Ryuko! And she’s mad enough to fight. Not only does she single handedly attack the Covers orchestra, but she manages to free the humans from the Covers as well. All with just one strike! And without Senketsu! Senketsu comes to her and she tells him that she will never wear him again. What? Ryuko tells him that they are “the same breed of monster” and that she isn’t human. She declares herself to be a “Life Fiber Monster”! Wow! This can’t be good! But perhaps this is the mindset she needs in order to defeat her mother. At least, I hope she wants to defeat Ragyo. I can’t even tell anymore![/details]

Episode 20 –

[details=spoiler]After Ryuko denounces Senketsu, Mako shows up in her new uniform to protest her decision, reminding Ryuko that she and Senketsu are friends. Ryuko explains that she’s a monster now and that her old self was a lie, but before Mako can protest again, Nui shows up, taunting Ryuko.

Ryuko slices her up, but it doesn’t kill this new Nui. And a new form of Ragyo appears as well, cheering her daughter on. Ryuko rejects her mother and Ragyo tells her that her father has only used her as a pawn for his own plot. Ryuko answers by slicing up her mother, but it doesn’t kill her either. The more Ryuko attacks her, the more pleased Ragyo is.

When Ragyo says that her other daughter is a failure, Gamagoori is ready to uphold the honor of Satsuki. But right now, Ragyo is concentrating all her attention on Ryuko, who desperately wants to kill her, much Ragyo’s amusement. She can’t wait for Ryuko to try!

When Ragyo and Nui disappear, Mikisugi warns her that her rage is leading her into a trap, but Ryuko just attacks Mikisugi, telling him that everything is his fault. He tries to talk to her, but when she’s ready to attack him again, Tsumugu steps between them. That doesn’t stop her either, and Ryuko will attack anyone that stands in her way, be it friend or foe.

Senketsu tries to talk to Ryuko again and Ryuko vents some of her anguish. She walks away, but Mako tries to convince her again that she and Senketsu are a team. Ryuko ignores her and everyone else as she walks on to meet her mother. She steals a motorcycle and rides off into the sunset for her date with destiny.

Without Ryuko as an ally, Nudist Beach tries to plan their next move. Unable to leave Ryuko alone, and with no one to understand him, Senketsu decides to go to Ryuko anyway, even if he is unwanted. Although Mako can’t understand him either, she does understand his need to be with Ryuko because she feels the same way. Actually, they all want to go now. Inumuta has hacked into the school’s internal systems and has found Satsuki. The Elite Four want to rescue her from her prison – they didn’t even know she was alive! Even confined as she is, Satsuki isn’t ready to give up the fight and the others are happy to see this.

Mikisugi reveals his trump card, the “Naked Sol”, a ship that will carry the Nudist Beach forces to the academy. Sweet! Mako’s family is sticking together as well and dad will offer his services as a back alley doctor. Meanwhile, Ryuko has already arrived at the school and begins attacking the Covers. She calls for Ragyo and Nui to come out and face her.

Nui comes out, taunting Ryuko and their fight begins, as Ragyo watches from above. A Nudist Beach helicopter attacks her, and Ragyo easily avoids it. More missiles are launched at her, but they don’t harm her at all. Satsuki hears the commotion and breaks out of her prison. The naked girl runs down the hallway, attacking Covers with her fake toenail as she goes. Serious, but hysterical!

For a second there, I actually thought Ryuko killed Nui, but I should have known better. Nui isn’t that easy to kill. Nui also reveals that her heart is the same as Ryuko’s. So, how to kill her? Their fight is interrupted by Junketsu. Ragyo is giving Ryuko a gift as Ryuko rises into the air, pulled by Life Fibers, to join with Junketsu. Satsuki sees this and wonders how to stop it.

Running outside, Satsuki faces an army of Covers, with her hands still bound. I wonder why she didn’t use her fake toenail to free herself. Anyway, the helicopter is above Satsuki and Gamagoori is the first to join her. Sanageyama and Jakuzure are right behind him, and Satsuki is finally freed. They also brought her a blanket instead of a uniform.

As Junketsu fuses with Ryuko, Ragyo tries to get her to accept it. Ryuko wants no part of this and resists as much as she can. Ryuko receives a false vision of a happy life lived by her mother’s side, and cries, believing it. Satsuki is taken to the Naked Sol and refuses to go to Osaka. The ship is attacked by a crazed Ryuko wearing Junketsu. Tsumugu decides to face her and I like the way he slid right into his DTR.

Satsuki is given back the two pieces of her Bakuzan. Senketsu, Mako, and her family are shocked to see Ryuko wearing a Kamui other than Senketsu. Satsuki joins them and I’m sure she means to wear Senketsu. Tsumugu is getting nowhere with Ryuko. She attacks him and is about to kill him when Satsuki appears - wearing Senketsu of course! Wow! This is going to be epic![/details]

Ep. 21

You know, I’m seriously conflicted about this series.

On one hand, as a whole, it’s just not my type of series.
On the other, it has some really epic moments with some serious plot twists.

Episode 21 –

[details=spoiler]So, sister faces sister in an ultimate showdown! Ryuko is definitely her mother’s daughter. Satsuki is having some trouble wearing Senketsu and can’t quite synchronize with him. Mako shows up with a message for the Elite Four, and they hate to see their Lady Satsuki take a beating at the hands of the crazed Ryuko.

While Senketsu keeps trying to appeal to Ryuko, Jakuzure can’t take it anymore and attacks Ryuko. Sanageyama joins her and Ryuko insults his “little knife”. LOL Inumuta tries the next attack and afterwards, Ryuko is still standing. Gamagoori gets his turn next, and tries to rip Junketsu from Ryuko’s body. This was Satsuki’s plan all along!

Of course it doesn’t work, and Nui shows up to save Ryuko. Nui tells Satsuki that Junketsu has bonded with the Life Fibers inside Ryuko’s body – meaning that she wears Junketsu permanently. Removing it will cause her death. Meanwhile, Ragyo has completed her takeover of the world’s garment industry. Now everyone is wearing her Life Fibers. The entire world will now be covered in Life Fibers as the Primordial Life Fiber takes over.

Ryuko defeats the Elite Four, but Satsuki holds her own - that is until Ryuko slices up Senketsu. Ryuko is all ready to kill Satsuki next, but Mako interrupts as she comes flying at Ryuko. But her Mako magic doesn’t work this time. Ryuko is beyond her reach and Gamagoori tells Mako to run. However, the stubborn girl knows that Ryuko is in there somewhere and refuses to give up. She keeps trying even as Nui approaches her with the intent to kill.

Senketsu sees this and pushes Mako out of the way. As they roll together, Mako is suddenly wearing Senketsu! Tsumugu tries to attack Nui and ends up in the water. Satsuki sees a chance and takes it, but she’s no match for Nui physically. However, Satsuki works on Nui’s mind and leaves her to the Elite Four. Nui orders Ryuko to kill Mako, but her family steps between them. Senketsu vows to protect Mako as well. Ryuko is going to attack anyway, but Satsuki gets to Ryuko first.

Using the pieces of her Bakuzan, Satsuki slices the front of Junketsu, cutting Ryuko’s chest. She tells Mako to shove Senketsu into the wound. Senketsu can separate Ryuko and Junketsu without killing Ryuko. Senketsu goes inside Ryuko’s body through the wound, but Mako gets sucked in as well. I enjoyed what went on in there as Mako tries to talk Ryuko back to herself again. Both Mako and Senketsu end up being tossed out of Ryuko’s body. But she’s still wearing Junketsu.

Nui thinks the attempt to free Ryuko failed and is ready to sink the boat. However, Ryuko’s blade slices through her and sends her flying, pinning her to the boat. With the blood pouring from her, Nui sees that the impossible has happened. Ryuko yells at Nui for forcing her to wear Junketsu. As everyone watches, Ryuko begins to tear Junketsu from her body, ripping away the Life Fibers. Satsuki tells her to stop, warning Ryuko that she will die, but Ryuko would rather die than wear Junketsu. Blood rains down as Ryuko says that she wants to wear Senketsu again. What an amazing episode![/details]

Ep. 22

Fight Club Mako returns to save the ship!

Episode 22 -

[details=spoiler]Ryuko has finished peeling Junketsu from her body, and is covered in blood. Nui can’t believe that Ryuko is still alive, but then again so is she, as Nui pulls Ryuko’s blade from her body. Thanks to the Life Fibers, Nui heals right before everyone’s eyes. Unfortunately, Nui now has both halves of the Rending Scissors. Mako tosses Senketsu to Ryuko, but Nui still intends to slice him up. He separates as he passes Nui and her blades. Nui misses and Senketsu reaches Ryuko with no problem. Senketsu immediately synchronizes with Ryuko and she’s all ready to fight again – for the right reasons this time.

It was so funny when Senketsu cried with happiness after Ryuko said she was never taking him off. Nui comes at Ryuko with both blades and Ryuko still manages to hold her off. Ryuko is so much stronger now! It was also funny to see Mako wearing her school uniform that way. She really is a flaky girl, but still lovable nonetheless. Ryuko is going to save the world from Life Fibers and tells Nui that the world is much “better off having bat-crap crazy people wandering around it”.

Ryuko and Nui fight and Ryuko gets both of the scissor blades back. Nui now plans to have the people that Ryuko is trying to protect attack her, but it’s only a ply to get Ryuko where she wants her. Nui get behind Ryuko and pierces her neck with a large needle, but it doesn’t work. However, Ryuko gets the better of her and slices off Nui’s arms. Gross! Nui thinks the arms will reattach via the Life Fibers, but Ryuko destroys the arms before they can do so. Nui gets angry and goes a bit nuts as the Covers come to protect her. Hououmaru flies by in a helicopter and whisks Nui away to safety.

The Elite Four continue to extract people from the Covers with Mikisugi’s and Tsumugu’s help, as the sewing club collects the loose Life Fibers. In another gross scene, Nui yells at Hououmaru for rescuing her. Hououmaru reminds Nui that she still needs to complete Shinra-Koketsu for Ragyo – and how is she going to do that without arms? Nui feels that it won’t be a problem, but still intends to deal with Hououmaru afterwards.

The pieces of Junketsu are being kept under restraint. Instead of destroying it, Satsuki may have to wear it again at some point. Ryuko still has issues with Satsuki and makes a proposal. Satsuki accepts her terms and Ryuko prepares to strike her. At the last possible second, Gamagoori steps in front of Satsuki and takes the blow. Ryuko tries to hit Satsuki again and instead it’s Sanageyama this time. Inumuta and Jakuzure stand beside Satsuki as well. They feel that Ryuko is not worthy to punch out their Lady Satsuki. Ryuko comes to realize that the Elite Four are “bat-crap crazy people” too.

Satsuki admits to a few things and also admits to being a fool. Her intent was correct, but her methods were wrong. Satsuki asks Ryuko to join with her now to save the world. Ryuko beats around the bush a bit, but ends up accepting Satsuki’s invitation. Both sisters will join together to stand against their mother. Mako’s mother makes her famous croquettes and everyone feasts. Even Satsuki enjoys them. Yuk!

Ragyo prepares to meet her daughters as Nui sews with her teeth to complete Shinra-Koketsu in time. Nui intends to make both Ryuko and Satsuki pay. Meanwhile, Iori is preparing Junketsu for Satsuki. He’s mixed together Ryuko’s and Satsuki’s blood as well as some of Senketsu’s Life Fibers and injected it into Junketsu. Tsumugu seems to be attracted to Satsuki, but she ignores him. LOL Iori is also going to make Goku Uniforms again. Satsuki tells everyone of Ragyo’s master plan of encasing the planet in Covers and how she’s going to accomplish that. The planet will eventually be destroyed and new seeds will scatter throughout the universe in a continuously repeating process.

Ragyo is currently headed towards the academy to put her evil plain into effect. On her way there, Ragyo targets the boat with missiles. Mikisugi is put in charge as Ryuko and Satsuki prepare to fight Ragyo and the Primordial Life Fiber. Satsuki changes into Junketsu and stands with her sister. Ryuko is asked to look after Satsuki. I laughed when Ryuko tried to call Satsuki “sister” and Satsuki told her that there was no need to force it. And Senketsu cried again! LOL The girls activate their partners and in an awesome double transformation scene, they get ready to fight. They take off to meet the next wave of missiles and destroy them. Mikisugi heads the boat towards the academy, but another enemy rises from the sea to stop them. It a monster Covers! But it’s Mako to the rescue this time, in her brand new Goku Uniform! She will protect the boat so Ryuko can fight without worries. You go girl![/details]

Ep. 23

[details=spoiler]It’s episode like this that make me go WTF were they thinking.
Cutting Ryuko in half only for it to be a feint and she comes back a few minutes late, just seems rather lazy to me.
It’s things like that that make despise that shounen trope.[/details]

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-03-28/unaired-kill-la-kill-episode-story-teased-in-video
[size=20]Unaired Kill la Kill Episode’s Story Teased in Video[/size]
posted on 2014-03-28 23:15 EDT
Episode 25 included with last Blu-ray/DVD on September 3

The official website for the Kill la Kill anime series began streaming a 19-second promotional video for the series’ unaired episode 25, which will debut in the final Blu-ray/DVD volume.

[Note: Highlight the text below for the contents of the video, which contains spoilers for the end of the television series]

The battle between the sisters of destiny is over. But there are still more tales left to tell. That is, the respective tales of graduation from Honnouji Academy. Kill la Kill episode 25: “Good Bye, One More Time.”

The volume will ship on September 3 with episodes 24 and 25. It will also have audio commentaries, Japanese subtitles, and a web preview video. The limited first pressing of the volume will add a bonus making-of documentary DVD Vol. 3 disc, a case and packaging illustrated by character designer Sushio, and an exclusive book.

[size=16]Kill la Kill Collaborates with an Original Maid Cafe! Kill la Kill Cafe Opens in Akihabara![/size]

They even have the mystery croquettes! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Not sure I’d actually eat anything there save for the sweets.

I found this video to be amusing:

may contain show spoilers:

What if 4kids dubbed KILL la KILL
It’s one of those videos you’re forced to watch on youtube, so I won’t bother with the normal link…

Warning: may contain dubstep

It…actually didn’t seem that bad. I laughed a bit; “Ah, that’s music to my ears.” Brought back all those Yugioh memories.

The audio work wasn’t up to 4Kids levels though, which was kinda weird.

If it were given a ridiculous, “inverse Ghost Stories” dub like this then I would feel compelled to watch it. Sadly I know the Bang/Zoom dub that it is destined to get won’t be even as enjoyable as this was (though it’ll be competing in a different “arena”) so I’ll just have to grin and bear another weaksauce B/Z dub and contemplate what might have been :wink:

At the very least, a 4Kids dub would probably cost less than whatever Aniplex is going to charge.

Episode 23 –

[details=spoiler]While the Elite Four are a little miffed that Mako got a Goku uniform and they didn’t, Mako protects the boat. The others finally join her. Ryuko and Satsuki reach the Original Life Fiber and Ragyo. It’s going to be a tough fight since Ragyo has her own special blades. Ragyo is not easily defeated, so the girls decide to attack the Original Life Fiber instead. But that isn’t going to be easy either.

I am laughing so hard! Mako is running on “Croquette Power”! Tsumugu is amazed that Mako can eat and fight at the same time. But the Original Life Fiber is attacking them now and has sent Covers to fight. It intends to devour everyone on the boat. Mako is injured, but before she can get back t fighting, the Covers grab her and her family. There are just too many to fight. Even so, Mako makes a valiant effort to keep fighting.

Suddenly the Elite Four are there to back her up – in their new Goku uniforms! They transform into their ultimate battle regalia and I see they’re showing more skin this time, probably because they are fighting with Nudist Beach. LOL Whatever the reason, these ultimate forms are fantastic and the humans are soon freed from the Covers. However, Ragyo is still confident of her victory. Humans are only livestock to the life Fibers and will be devoured.

Ryuko tries a finishing move on Ragyo, but it barely scratches her and she heals quickly. However, at the same time, Ragyo manages to cut Ryuko in half! Both halves fall into the sea as Mako calls out for her friend. Satsuki faces Ragyo next, but Satsuki is a weakling compared to Ryuko, and Ragyo quickly gets the upper hand. However, Satsuki was only a decoy to buy time for Ryuko to make her come back. And come back she does!

Ragyo attacks Satsuki but Gamagoori is there to be her shield. Jakuzure and Sanageyama join him as well, and Sanageyama is no longer blind! Inumuta comes too and all five of them attack Ragyo at once. Mikisugi also has one more ace up his naked sleeve. Naked Sol is transformed into Great Naked Dagger. Ryuko has made it to the core of the Original Life Fiber, and uses her finishing move on it. With Mako’s help, the Great Naked Dagger flies up into the Original Life Fiber.

With the extra boost, Ryuko is fired up, and the Great Naked Dagger cuts through the Original Life Fiber as Ryuko takes care of the core. Ragyo can’t believe what is happening, and Ryuko joins her sister, Mako, and the Elite Four. The Great Naked Dagger hits the academy. But Nui has things well under control there. It’s Nui’s turn to strut her stuff now. She presents the completed Shinra-Koketsu to Ragyo. Ragyo rewards Nui with new arms.

Meanwhile, Satsuki is praising her won troops, and Iori for his Goku uniforms. The next big battle will be against Ragyo and Nui. Soroi serves them all tea. Satsuki is determined that they will enjoy more tea together after they win the battle. Mako is given a good supply of croquettes by her mother for the upcoming fight, and she is placed in the care of Ryuko and Satsuki. Well, it’s time, and we are treated to another double transformation scene for Ryuko and Satsuki. Can’t wait for the final battle![/details]

Episode 24 –

[details=spoiler]The good guys don’t seem to be getting anywhere in their fight. Ragyo’s Shinra-Koketsu uses “Absolute Submission” to strip the Goku uniforms and Kamui of their powers, leaving everyone unable to fight. The images from the satellite show people around the world wearing REVOCS clothes. Ragyo intends to use Absolute Submission on them as well to awaken the Life Fibers. The hosts will be devoured and the Earth will be covered in cloth. The “Cocoon Sphere” will breed new Life Fibers to be sent into space to start this process over and over again.

The Goku uniforms may be useless, but Mikisugi and Tsumugu still have their machines. They join to form “Ultimate Double Naked DTR” and stand to oppose Ragyo. Once swat from her sends the guys flying and she follows up with a comment – “beneath my notice”. LOL Ragyo also brings back the Original Life Fiber and intends to feed everyone to it. Through sheer strength of will, Gamagoori has brought Mako and the rest of Elite Four up to the higher level. Mako goes into one of her monologues, but Nui has had enough of her and goes to kill her; however, Gamagoori protects her, taking the strike himself. But the academy’s “living shield” has reached his limit and collapses. Ryuko prevents Nui from landing the death blow.

Ryuko is in her underwear; she isn’t really human, so even without Senketsu, she can still fight. Absolute Submission has no effect on her. While Ryuko and Nui fight, Mako stays with Gamagoori. He sees that she’s okay and tells her it was worth it before closing his eyes. “Crying a river” takes on a true meaning as Mako lets loose a flood of tears. He really isn’t dead, is he? Everyone seems to think he is. Ryuko turns her attention back to Ragyo. Ragyo says that Hououmaru is sleeping inside Shinra-Koketsu, powering the Absolute Submission field. But Ryuko can even hit her. In the middle of this, Senketsu is surprised that Satsuki can hear him. I wonder how that came about. Maybe they bonded when she wore him.

Ragyo holds Ryuko by the throat as the Original Life Fiber takes her friends. Ragyo laughs, but is suddenly hit by Senketsu! The field doesn’t affect him either and he’s able to extract Hououmaru from Shinra-Koketsu. Absolute Submission is shut down and the Goku uniforms are working again. Ryuko dons Senketsu and attacks Ragyo. Satsuki transforms and brings Ryuko her blade. Together, the sisters prepare to attack Ragyo. Satsuki orders the others to destroy the transmitter, but they will also have to face Nui and her clones.

And Gamagoori is back! I knew he couldn’t be dead! He rips through the barrier protecting the transmitter while the others fight the Nui clones. Mikisugi and Tsumugu back Gamagoori up with their “Ultimate Double Naked DTR” and the transmitter is destroyed! The students cheer and Ragyo is momentarily distracted. The sisters seize the chance and hit her at the same time with the Scissor Blades. They keep chopping her up and Satsuki tells her that her devious plan is at an end. But Ragyo seems to have a backup plan, and tells Nui to “sacrifice herself”. Nui and all the clones happily cut off their own heads.

The Original Life Fiber absorbs everything and looks like it turns into a giant Nui. She joins with Ragyo and the transmitter and blasts off into space, heading for the satellite. Ragyo is still going to transmit the signal that will awaken the REVOCS. The good guys need to come up with a plan and fast! Ragyo activates the signal and people around the world are devoured by their clothing. Ryuko says that she will go and Mako tells her that she wants to go on a date with her when Ryuko gets back, as she goes into another of her unique monologues. Ryuko agrees to the date, and Satsuki places the fate of humanity in Ryuko’s hands.

Ryuko absorbs all of the Goku uniforms and transforms into Senketsu-Kisaragi. She flies off into space, heading to Ragyo and the satellite. The cocoon around the Earth is almost complete and Ragyo tells her that it can’t be stopped. But Ryuko joins the Scissor Blades together and the Rending Scissors are whole once again. However, it doesn’t work on Ragyo! She tells Ryuko that the scissors are useless against Absolute Submission. Ragyo attacks Ryuko and she counters. As they fight, Ragyo talks about the universe, but Ryuko isn’t taking much damage. Thinking she has too much humanity left in her, Ragyo transforms again. She really looks like an evil queen now! She cuts Ryuko up, but Ryuko can quickly regenerate.

Ryuko attacks again and is pierced with one of Ragyo’s spikes. But that was the intention as Ryuko and Senketsu absorb Ragyo’s Life Fibers and the Absolute Submission field. Ryuko also destroys the cocoon surrounding the Earth and people fall back onto solid ground. Ragyo is naked now, and can’t believe that she’s lost. Ryuko tells her to return to the Earth, but rather than admit defeat, Ragyo will choose her own death. She rips out her own heart and holding it in her fist, tells Ryuko that things aren’t over yet. There are plenty more of the Life Fibers traveling through space, and they will come to Earth eventually. As Ryuko tells her that “people are people”, Ragyo crushes the heart in her fist, and disappears.

Senketsu tells Ryuko that it’s time to go home. The absorbed power of Shinra-Koketsu is causing problems, and Senketsu takes Ryuko back to Earth. But in the process, Senketsu is burning up. He tells Ryuko that “the time comes when a girl outgrows her sailor uniform”. Ryuko is upset that she is about to lose him, but as he tells her that she can now wear whatever she wants, Ryuko bravely promises that she will. They make it back to Earth and Senketsu is suddenly gone. Ryuko cries as she falls and screams out his name.

Satsuki sees Ryuko plunging towards the academy and runs to catch her, calling her name. As Satsuki grabs Ryuko, Mako comes to help, and suddenly everyone else comes to help as well. They all crash backwards into the academy and the tower that has withstood so much, finally falls. The next picture is a nice one, with Satsuki holding her sister with everyone else cocooned around them. Satsuki welcomes Ryuko home and the others are shocked when they hear Ryuko sweetly call Satsuki “sister”.

Without energy, any remaining Life Fibers will die off. Mikisugi says that the purpose of Nudist Beach is at an end, and Tsumugu says that they can finally get dressed. Somehow, I still can’t see Mikisugi wearing much! LOL All of the mess will have to be cleaned up, and Ryuko and Mako can now go on their date, as life returns to normal. As the end credits roll, the girls have their date and are joined by Satsuki. She got her hair cut! The girls have fun as the Elite Four spy on them. And why is Gamagoori all dressed up and holding flowers? LOL Is he finally going to ask Mako out? Ryuko sees a child in a sailor suit and feels a moment of grief for Senketsu. Then she looks up into the sky, smiles and turns away. Excellent anime! I really like how everything came together in this one. The story was great and the music was wonderful. Although I was sad over the loss of Senketsu, the ending was perfect. Bravo![/details]

Ep. 24

Well, it’s over.

It had some good moments, but as a whole, I want my 24x24 minutes back.

[size=16]Studio Trigger shows off their official Aikuro Mikisugi cosplay from Kill la Kill… glowing purple parts and all[/size]