Legends of the Dark Kings: A Fist of the North Star Story / Hokuto no Ken Raoh Gaiden: Ten no Haoh

ok thanks tonka… now i gotta go watch those… are they as good as this one was?

yoka

I have I think New Fist, I’d have to look again at it; an older ADV release put three OVAs on one disc.

LadyG has another guessing game going on over at Maina. What has been revealed so far:

The following roles still need to be guessed:

She will be at Anime Boston according to her post at Maina, she will reveal the remaining cast on Tuesday.

What, no Kenshiro?
Yeah, sure he has no speaking part, but still, they can add something in there for fun’s sake.

English Dub Cast:

Director – Steven Foster
ADR Script – Chris Pai / Steven Foster

Raoh - Andrew Love
Souga – David Matranga
Reina – Emily Neves
Sakuya – Shelley Calene-Black
Goram – Jovan Jackson
Gion – Greg Ayres
Gaoh – Chris Hutchinson
Habaki - Justin Doran
Uighur – Rob Mungle
Amon – Todd Waite
Toki – David Wald
Ryurou – Kalob Martinez
Ryuga – John Swasey
Juza – Mark X. Lakowski
Juda – Blake Shepard
Dagale – John Gremillion
Isabella – Maggie Flecknoe
Gaiya – Leraldo Anzuldua
Thouzer – Illich Guardiola

Source: Janice Williams, Seraphim Digital on mania.com

Legend of The Dark King, complete with it’s new English dub, will be premiering on May 20th on VOD, then hitting the Online Player on May 21st!

I can’t wait to rebuy this on Blu-Ray!!!

Same here! I’m still quite surprised that this will be their first series on bluray though.

I think its the most logical of the bunch to release on Blu-ray. Just glad unlike Appleseed they are not giving me the shaft and doing it Blu only.

Just for my own curiosity, why do you think that? Other than the fact the BD rights were probably cheaper or easier to negotiate than it’s other titles.

Main reason I think is it’d be a easier title to get in to retail as its got the action show with a decent known name appeal. Plus the first set of Original FOTNS is coming out at the end of June from Discotek. Other reason is they won’t have as many complaints about no lossy or why they did not get the Japanese Blu-Ray masters since there is none. :wink:

Seriously waiting for someone to start complaining about no lossy.

Well, at least Sentai gave us surround sound on both language tracks for the Appleseed bluray. That’s more than a certain other company is doing for it’s release.

I know there will be complaints about no lossless audio, but you can’t please everyone.

You are probably right about the retail situation with the title. But I wonder if this release will make it to too many shelves anyway.

EDIT: Never mind! Best Buy just updated the sku. It will be carried in stores. I need to find out if mine is getting this ASAP! The first Sentai release sold really well for us, so I’m hoping we do!

Kay.

WAHHHHH!!!
WTF!!!
NO LOSSY?!!
BOOOO!!!

I wonder if I can upgrade my sub dvd’s for the dubbed BD? :silly:

Well, they said there would be an upgrade program for the five shows. I can’t imagine them not doing it for the bluray as well, though it will undoubtedly be more expensive than the DVD.

Upgrade Program

If you purchased the sub-only release of Legends of the Dark King ~ A Fist of the North Star Story Right Stuf has posted details of the upgrade program

Starting on May 1, 2010 and Ending on August 31, 2010 you can send in your sub-only sets and upgrade to the bilingual DVD or Blu-Ray release.

Send in $20 plus the DVDs, DVD case and DVD sleeve and you will be sent the bilingual DVD Complete Collection.

Send in $30 plus the DVDs, DVD case and DVD sleeve and you will be sent the bilingual Blu-Ray Complete Collection.

With either method you will need to send in $3 for shipping and handling.

More details at http://legendsupgrade.rightstuf.com/.

For those interested here is the price of bilingual DVD and Blu-Ray release during a TRSI studio sale.

DVD Collection
msrp = $49.98 / TRSI studio sale price = $29.99 / studio sale w/Got Anime $27.00

Blu-Ray Collection
msrp = $69.98 / TRSI studio sale price = $41.98 / studio sale w/Got Anime $37.79

I definitely will participate in this.

I’m still not a big fan of trading in titles, so I will just order the bluray.

I too will go the upgrade route. I mean, now that the new release will have both tracks on them, I won’t be watching the sub only version anymore. So might as well put it to good use with the program.

Now wonder what the new cover will be or will they just use the same from the 1st release?

At this time I need shelve space lol so Blue Drop and Legends of the Dark King are shows that I will go the upgrade route. Clannad is different because I now have a reason to pick up one of each of the R3 artboxes (one for Clannad and one for After Story [which I have]).

I may keep my sub-only Ghost Hound and Tears to Tiara because Section23 will most likely use STACKpaks for the complete collections and I will most likely put the bilingual discs in the sub only collections.

I hope our version gets a 5.1 mix too, like Australia’s. That would be sweet, hearing body parts explode, blood splish and splash in glorious surround sound.