My sketches

That one is really cute! :slight_smile:

Thanks, guys! Oh, the creature flying around her is known as a ‘Clothdemon’, tykes. I made another drawing of the ‘Taller Clothdemon’ (a variation) a few pages back…

Here’s another picture of Anya.Kinda strange, and the weapon seems a little flimsy… almost like a toy, tykes…

Why are her nails so sharp? I’VE NO IDEA, TYKES… O_O

Her eye looks kinda empty, like maybe she wouldn’t mind raking her fingernails across someones throat. Good shading!

Nice! I agree with Fillet about her nails. And her weapon reminds me a little of the cricket gun from Men in Black. Not so much the shape, but that something really powerful is in something that one might consider a “toy”.

http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/7205/timbercomm.png

Here is the first study of your “Case Closed” commission. The artist for some reason put him in a western theme. I took the liberty of rejecting it and will be redone in a more traditional version as in the anime.

However, note construction lines

It’s very cool, tykes!

Ya, taking note of the construction lines, I really should start working with those. Outlines are good, but they take a little longer to do, in my opinion, and construction lines seem better overall…

As for the theme, I really like the western theme and how she put Conan’s way of law and justice to that level, but I was looking for the original theme of Case Closed, tykes…

Anyways, thanks, Outlander! I really appreciate it! b^_^

Try this version, Timber

http://img812.imageshack.us/img812/7862/timbercomm2.png

I like this one, tykes! I do like the western one, but nothing tops the original, of course, tykes!

I notice the eyes tend to be one of those zones. What do you usually start with Timber?

Actually, tykes, I start off with the center of the torso. I try to fix the balance, then work my way up. My friends find it strange, since they (along with everyone else I know) starts off with the face…

This is a picture of Syrie, Takeru’s best friend. More info on her in the spoiler, tykes…

While living on the mountains, she was the braver one out of the two and possibly the strongest around. She always encourages Takeru to be a little braver and participate in fights more often. She, however, gets kidnapped (-_-’’), which prompts Takeru to save her and team up with Allinie. Syrie, being the tough girl that she is, manages to escape and is now finding a way back home…

Trying out different ways to draw a hand, this one was a little strange… Oh, and I guess she gets a Geddon Kitty Partner, too, but I’ll name him later, tykes…

Syrie’s Theme Song will be ‘R&R Junkiee’ From the Phantom Brave Soundtrack

I like her - and her story too. Nice job! :slight_smile:

The legs are throwing me for a loop…I like the sword.

Great sketches! I can’t do this even if it depended on my life!
:ohmy: :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks again, tykes!

fillet- Ya, I wanted to draw it going opposite the other, but I think I might’ve screwed up, lol…

LightAngel- Thanks a lot, tykes! Even if you think you cant, I still recommend for you to give it a shot every once in a while, you never know, y’know…?

Well, I’m off to college next week, and I hope that there’s an available scanner there to scan more of my sketches… (tykes…)

And with that, I’m still not done with the TAN heroes…! DX Slowhand’s is very near completion, but I’ve been back and forth with stuff, it’s totally crazy, tykes!

I’m still left with more WIP’s, though… here’s one of them…

My afterthoughts in the spoiler, tykes. It’s not anything to worry about, but I just typed to much, lol…

[spoiler]Fan art of the character Lucas from the game ‘MOTHER 3’. I’m familiar with the MOTHER series, and I really like their creature concepts, even if some of them are really simplistic, imo…

M3’s concepts were very bizarre and twisted (not to mention random- you fight a Men’s Room Sign! XD), and I enjoyed them a lot. It’s one of my many inspirations for drawing monsters…

Anyways, I like the picture, I’ll have to finish it soon…

To anyone who hasn’t played M3, I recommend it. very funny, but very sad, as well, tykes…[/spoiler]

That guy on the left looks a little sad… like maybe he misses the top of his skull? :stuck_out_tongue: Good work Timber.

Thanks, fillet!

Poor guy, he’s known as a Magman, in other words, a walking talking volcano. I’m not sure if he’s a chimera or not, but I wouldn’t like to house those Pyreflies, either… (tykes, tykes…)

I guess I should list the drawn creatures. The majority of M3’s monsters are called Chimeras, basically different creatures combined into one…

-Magman

-Really Flying Mouse- One of the tragic ones…

-Pyreflies

-Ostrelephant- Yup, seriously, tykes…

-Mr. Batty- Plain bat, really. And, I didn’t forget about finishing the face, either, but am thinking about how I want to do it…

-Cuddle Bomb-I always lol, and yet, get creeped out by this one, tykes…

Ostrelephant!!! That’s it! I knew there was something else in there, couldn’t figure it out. Makes sense now.

Great job Timber! You are just getting better and better! :slight_smile:

Thanks again! Glad to hear that I’m getting better! (tykes!) :slight_smile:

Well, I’m at Kentucky State University now. I’m sored to death, since I’m without a TV and actual computer, but I’m good with using the one in the library for now…

Here’s Pleinair and her Rabbit…doll… thing… Usagi.

They’re from… kinda hard to say, tykes. I know they’re in the Disgaea game series, but I also see the two in other Nippon Ichi games. Maybe she’s the mascot, tykes…?

Anyways, she’s one of my favorite characters (Avatar says it all, lol.). She never speaks, but her presence just makes it awkwardly awesome, lol.

I really like it, but I think the hair and ribbon could’ve been a little better, tykes…

Usagi doesn’t look as bad, either. (tykes, tykes)

Timber wrote:

[quote]Thanks again! Glad to hear that I’m getting better! (tykes!) :slight_smile:

Well, I’m at Kentucky State University now. I’m sored to death, since I’m without a TV and actual computer, but I’m good with using the one in the library for now…

Here’s Pleinair and her Rabbit…doll… thing… Usagi.

They’re from… kinda hard to say, tykes. I know they’re in the Disgaea game series, but I also see the two in other Nippon Ichi games. Maybe she’s the mascot, tykes…?

Anyways, she’s one of my favorite characters (Avatar says it all, lol.). She never speaks, but her presence just makes it awkwardly awesome, lol.

I really like it, but I think the hair and ribbon could’ve been a little better, tykes…

Usagi doesn’t look as bad, either. (tykes, tykes)[/quote]

Ahh! I absolutely love your style! I’ve browsed around the pages of this thread, but this is by far my favorite. The way you draw is massively aesthetically pleasing in my eyes. the lanky legs/arms/torsos remind me of a manga I used to read in Highschool called The Demon Ororon.

I used to try to draw the main character, but i could never pull off the style like you can.