Nanaka 6/17

Nanaka 6/17

zzzz-c3489cf3e58c4ebaced2d97c8039c676

Genres: comedy, romance, slice of life
Themes: brain damage, growing up, magical girl, school life
Objectionable content: Mild
Number of episodes: 13
Vintage: 2003-01-08 to 2003-03-26

Plot Summary: (TAN) Growing up can be painful. Especially when you fall down a flight of stairs, suffer severe head trauma, and wake up with the mental capacity of a kindergartner. Ouch! Now, 17-year-old Nanaka Kirisato has to grow up all over again. If she thought fitting in as an unpopular bookworm was hard, subtracting eleven years certainly won’t help. Throw in a mullet-headed boy bully, a karate-chopping girl bully, a bullheaded best friend, and a barrage of schoolyard battles, and Nanaka’s problems multiply infinitely!

Nanaka 6/17 info on ANN

1 Like

This is one of those underrated gems (not in quality as I only hear good things about this series from fans and critics, but by virtue of being more of an unknown title).

It’s a really special series with a lot of charm, heart and warmth. Really great dub by ADV too. Chris Patton and Monica Rial are good friends in real life, so their dub chemistry really does shine, even though they record separately. Everyone else in the dub is also a strong cast of veterans like KVD, Jessica, Tiffany, Sasha, Chris Ayres. There’s nothing bad that one could say technically of this series.

There is one bad thing, it a bit short and after finally seeing the ending, it just kinda ends. Dragoon did warn me about that.

After watching the series, I am happy that I bought 1 2/3 copies of it.

I really do like this Anime. It is one of the few that I can watch with wife. If someone has a friend that is not that much into Anime, this is good Anime to show them. Most Animes like this tend to be either a Dating Sims or a sport story. It has a story that anyone can enjoy and the dub is great.

I grabbed this show during an ADV clearance sale at Right Stuf, after seeing the trailer on another title. I had never heard of it before seeing the trailer, but it looked like something I would be interested in.

And I’m really glad I grabbed it. The show is unfortunately short, and the ending is abrupt, but I loved it. The plot is paced well, the dialogue is good, and the dub is rock solid.

Unfortunately, this show really didn’t get much publicity from ADV on it’s initial release. I have the feeling it was mostly a add-on, to get a title they really wanted. Regardless of how it came over though, I"m glad it did.