Prede's Anime Reviews and CPM News Blog

Anime News Network is reporting it now.

Media Blasters Adds Record of Lodoss War OVA TV

I’m glad they have been rescued. I miss buying them before and now I get another chance.

[quote=ShawnMerrow]
Anime News Network is reporting it now.

Media Blasters Adds Record of Lodoss War OVA TV

I’m glad they have been rescued. I miss buying them before and now I get another chance.[/quote]

Yeah I saw that! It’s great that they sourced me!! Woot.

prede, did I read that MyAnime List is being bought out by Crave online? Not being a huge mal man, I was just running across that at AP. http://paidcontent.org/article/419-craveonline-buys-manga-social-net-myanimelist/ I think you did some reviews for that site correct?

I thought they were bought out awhile ago lol…Maybe I heard they were being “bought out” but it didn’t happen yet?

Anyway it’s not like I wrote reviews “for them” like I did it for them or anything lol. It’s a user run site, and I just wrote reviews for certian random series there. Anyone can write reviews, and they automatically get posted :wink: . But yes I do have many reviews “on” the site lol. But it’s not like writing for ANN or Anime on DVD or anything lol. But thanks for the news :wink: .

More news regarding the CPM Bankrucpty. http://twitter.com/calaggie of http://www.nigorimasen.com/2010/03/19/cpm-bankruptcy-update-selling-a-trademark-for-five-grand/did the real investigating on this one.

Very interesting. I wonder which Japanese party acquired. Perhaps they are planning on using it for an inline streaming venture?

[quote=dragonrider_cody]
Very interesting. I wonder which Japanese party acquired. Perhaps they are planning on using it for an inline streaming venture?[/quote]

This is exactly what I thought…it is an interesting development that’s for sure.

The plot thickens…was neo-ADV (or maybe Funimation ?) interested in buying the trademark to the “anime channel” from CPM?

Interesting story… interesting developments… :huh:

Yeah, Griffin Vance was ADV’s lawyer, and if I remember correctly, he is still involved with Section 23 and Sentai and helped register the companies. So it’s probably quite likely that they were trying to keep someone from getting a trademark so similar to Anime Network.

I wondered who bid it up to $10k though…

The man who runs anime briefs also said Griffin Vance was ADV’s lawyer. So this makes it quite clear neo-ADV is trying to prevent anyone from getting a trademark close to “Anime Network”. And whoever this party is whose spending $10,000 they seem to really want this.

$10,000 is a relatively small amount to protect your copyright these days.

Yeah I know, but they didn’t even wait…they jumped to bid more money lol!

True, but maybe they had some info that another bid was coming anyway. I hope they do get it though. We already have AN (Anime Nation), ANN (Anime News Network), and TAN (The Anime Network. We don’t need the Anime Channel too. People get confused enough as it is. LOL!

Well neo-ADV’s lawyer said they weren’t interesting in bidding anymore, so the original bidder seesm to have won.

Well, that sucks. But just because someone bought the trademark that doesn’t necessarily mean they will actually do anything with it. Look at all the trademarks companies like Apple own that they never use.

Yeah exactly. If ADV had won it I doubt they would have done anythign with it. Now that this unknown company has it, they MIGHT do something with it, but they could always just sit on it. Guess we will see what happens in the months ahead. Hey if a website or something launches with “anime channel” trademarks on it we’ll know they’re doing something with it =P .

Interestingly enough, Anime Channel trademakr was registered for CPM a few months before ADV got the trademark to “Anime Network”. Calaggie hinted that CPM going out and grabbing this way back when, (might have) pushed ADV into securing something ASAP. Just interesting little tidbit there.

Well Dragoon did it again. He inspired me to make another blog :P.

Anyway this is a blog where I will post all the reviews I have scattered out there on the internet, as well as post some original reviews as well. Please check it out, and if you want to comment on it. It makes me happy to see comments on my blog :wink: .

Anyway here is the link, check it out if you have some time. I’ll be putting the rest of my reviews up there shortly.

Prede’s Anime Review

I give the blog a 7 so far. Eureka that is!

:woohoo:

Ah thank you very much! I’ll take that as a compliment! Please feel free to post in the blog as well.

Also…everyones a critic :stuck_out_tongue: