Prede's Anime Reviews and CPM News Blog

[quote=Prede]
Ah thank you very much! I’ll take that as a compliment! Please feel free to post in the blog as well.[/quote]

:side: I would but…you have to have an account with one of those site, and I don’t. :side:

blogspot, doesn’t allow anonymous comments. That is my current problem with complaints ti www.monopolycitystreets.com as well. The are hosted on blogspot for there blog.monopolycitystreets.com where they give updates, and ask for feedback on the game, but you need an account to give it. :angry:

I just want to be anonymous!

Was Alucard really Holland? :blink:

I could have sworn you could just make comments. Guess I was wrong, probally need an account. Anyway thank you for reading the review(s) and saying something . You rock.

Yup he sure was :D. Alucard kicked some major ass in this. Although his character was a real jerk, lol! Go Freeman go.

Anonymous comments are available. It has to be set as an option by the blog admin in the settings section. I personally wouldn’t allow it, it’ll just open your blog to potential troublemakers. What good is an opinion if someone doesn’t at least have a handle to go with a post? What if everyone’s posts here were like by forum member “ABCDEFG?”

But that’s up to you. :wink: With Anon setting on you’d probably get more comments, since people are lazy to sign up if they don’t have an existing account. The default ones it accepts is Google, Wordpress, LJ, AIM, OpenID - which is pretty good, most people have one of those… I’m thinking about expanding mine in the near future though with side-add ons to allow other accounts but those need to be installed via 3rd party additions.

They seem to have randomly closed Planetzot, so I guess that’s all the reviews from there that are getting moved to my new blog, at least for now. They say they will be closed for months :frowning: . Be nice if I had a heads up or something… Oh well.

Shad, I made an account, and what you can do is name yourself something “anonymous” if you want. Or something like that. ^_~

I used my Google account, and in settings it will ask what you want your name as. I think in one of the blogs on Prede’s older blogs, I put myself as Rob, although i left it so you could read my screen name too. not sure.

Prede you used to have a blog for Silent Service (that Sub anime) were you not able to transfer it over?

If so that would be a shame. That, and the CPM articles were interesting… well to an older fan like me they were anyway. (oh and I picked up a copy of Silent Service.) Top Notch stuff mate, Aces.

I still have that blog. This is for non-CPM titles. The other blog is for news for what’s going on with CPM, and I review their titles(that I have in my collection) there as well. And yes I noticed you made a comment and responded to it :wink: . It just took awhile to respond to it before my Internet Explorer was down, and for some reason Firefox won’t let me comment on google blogs. Anyway I’m glad you find my CPM blog interesting. I’m going to keep on reviewing their titles there, as well as report the news about what’s going down with their bankrupcty, since no one else seems to do it. Please keep reading. And thanks for commenting.

Glad you got a copy of Silent Service now though, the dub is great. It’s a fun watch.

My CPM Blog: Prede’s CPM Blog

I wrote up a new review. This time I reviewed " A Wind Named Amnesia", and put a hell-of-alot of work into it. I hope it’s all alright. I put it on both blogs since it’s a CPM title…

Please check it out and comment.

Prede’s Anime Review: A Wind Named Amnesia

(oops sry for the double post…)

Cool review. I just knew you’d be doing this sooner or later. :slight_smile:

Haha yeah it had to be done. (FYI Black Jack will be done one of these days as well :D) I’m glad you liked the review. I worked really hard on that, I’m glad someone read it at least lol.

What you think of the dub BTW Dragoon? You agree with what I said?

It’s been many years since I saw it, so I can’t talk specifics, but remember enjoying the whole experience that the dub provided. I also remember enjoying the Tokyo Babylon and DTP dub as well.

I haven’t seen Tokyo Babylon yet, but you just bumped it up the list ;). Manga UK seemed ahead of their time IMO as far as dubs go. DTP had an exellent dub, although not as good as this one. My only disapointment from them was so far Roujin Z. It’s not at all a bad dub, just not nearly as good as the others. Too many awkward lines, and mismatch casting in that one for my tastes.

Keep in mind I saw TB YEAAAARS ago though lol, I think in the very early 2000s. I don’t know if I’d enjoy it now at the same level now in regards to the dub.

It is CLAMP though (which might be automatic no for you), and related to X (but imo much more fun and perhaps light-hearted at times).

Yeah it have to be really cheap for me to buy it if it’s CLAMP lol. Nothing they have done is even remotely good. But if the dub is good it’s worth checking out.

Hey guys new review is up! Also feel free to spread the word about my site! I see I got 3 new Followers that makes me happy. Now I’d like to see a comment or two once in awhile lol.

Anyway my new review is “Pet Shop of Horrors” , enjoy! Thanks for reading it in advance.

Prede’s Anime Review: The Pet Shop of Horrors

Good review Prede, I posted there on your blog. :wink:

Thanks very much for reading! And thanks for the comment too! You own man. Any other opinions on the dub or show? Anyway you like the logo thing I made on the top that says “Prede’s Anime Reviews” ? Does that look ok? And thanks again man.

I wish the old forum comments existed, I remember writing a bit about it when I PayPerViewed it on the PPV VOD section back in January or something. My memory of the details of the show are a bit hazy now due to all the stuff I’ve been watching. :frowning: But I do remember enjoying the last half of the series the most and my favorite aspect was the cat and mouse aspect between the Count and Leon.

The dub, I thought was ok for its time - but in today’s context has aged in production value, quality and it’s definitely a dub whose archetypal roots come from another era in dubbing - and it definitely shows. I like the casting in general, especially John DeMita who is the star of the dub, as he should be, given the integral nature of his character. The dub is suitable enough that if I watched it again, I’d stick with the dub.

Logo looks good! My only suggestion is perhaps different font and color for the text so it stands out more and consider having it wider to span more of the horizon of the header. Coincidentally I’ve been working on one myself in the last week. I’ve decided to switch to fixed width so I have more control of the layout - gonna go with a 970 pixel width. I’ve researched and noticed most of the industry and leading blogs are currently going for a 950-980 px width set up.

I posted another review on my blog. This one is copied from my MAL review, so it’s not newly written, but hey it’s new content for the Blog. Enjoy.

Prede’s Anime Review: Descendants of Darkness

Also extra points to whoever can identify what manga and anime series all the characters in logo are from! Also what movie is the background from? What anime is the plane from? And who’s mecha is that?

Not to keep bumping my topics and being anoying, but I thought I’d let everyone know my new review is up! I reviewed it for my CPM blog, but it’s on both blogs. Anyway give it a read and check it out. I highly recemend the movie by the way ;). Very good.

The movie is “They Were Eleven” by the way. Don’t let the character designs discourage you, it’s a great mystery.

Prede’s Anime Review: They Were Eleven
CPM Blog: They Were Eleven

I hope it’s Ok to “bump” this again. I’m very sorry if it’s not. Anyway I reviewed another series today. This time I reviewed “Death Note”. I really went in depth in my review for this so please read it and post a comment. No real spoilers so don’t worry :wink: . Thanks in advance!

Prede’s Anime Review: Death Note