Psychic Squad / Zettai Karen Children

This show is old school anime! was neat to see episode one here! I will collect the whole series box set at some point to add to my large collection of anime.

Very glad this show was not over looked by anyone.

Zettai Karen Childrenā€™s New Anime Is Hyōbu Spinoff

posted on 2012-10-19 04:13 EDT

One would have to wait and see how it works out before I could get behind it. I do know the first tv series rocked though.

Here is hope to a great show!

Zettai Karen Children Spinoff Animeā€™s Cast Announced

posted on 2012-10-26 17:30 EDT
YÅ«ichi Nakamura, Wataru Hatano, Kouji Ochiai, KishĆ“ Taniyama return for TV series premiering in 2013

Zettai Karen Childrenā€™s Hyōbu Spinoff Slated for January 7

posted on 2012-11-27 23:27 EST

Zettai Karen Childrenā€™s Hyōbu Anime Previewed in Video

posted on 2012-12-05 06:50 EST
Opening theme previewed from Manglobeā€™s Psychic Squad spinoff with Jun Takagi designs

Zettai Karen Childrenā€™s Hyōbu Anime Previewed in Ad

posted on 2012-12-21 06:36 EST
Psychic Squad spinoff anime featuring Kyōsuke Hyōbu as main character to air on January 7

I will eventually watch my discs of this series, now that I have the lot.

50 undubbed eps? Thatā€™s untapped potential for dub awesomeness. Itā€™s also a LOT of eps. I wonder, am I alone in thinking that all 4 DVD covers (Whereā€™s the HD?!) should have been like the one for Psychic Squad DVD Collection 3 (S)

[table]
[tr]
[td]http://i.imgur.com/7JJF2fj.jpg[/td]
[td]http://i.imgur.com/dgY1jcg.jpg[/td]
[td]http://i.imgur.com/LADcmYf.jpg[/td]
[td]http://i.imgur.com/TUqapDr.jpg[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

$120 for 50 undubbed eps? Golgo is only $24 more and comes with a dub. Iā€™d totally pay 6 bucks more per volume for a dub. Iā€™d also pay more for the combo pack butā€¦

So what news is there concerning Sentai & the unlimited spinoff series?

There is none.
Though seeing as how itā€™s on CR, thereā€™s a good chance they do have it and just not announced it.

No news is not good news :frowning:

I wish that we could establish a ā€œhard and fastā€ rule about Sentai & Crunchy; everyone knows that a Sentai blu-ray = Sentai dub, but a Crunchy stream doesnā€™t mean that Sentai will be publishing it. Total Eclipse, since I guess an example is required, is still in license limbo, despite being on Crunchy :frowning:

In this case, the odds seem high & I agree with your optimistic assessment.

The president of P.A.N.D.R.A. reminds me of Dio from Last Exile, combined (of course) with Magneto. Thus I canā€™t help but hear him as Greg Ayres, thanks to Funimation. :wink:

ā€¦Iā€™m also reminded heavily of Index.

Sentai needs to license this. It reminds me a bit of Towanoquon evenā€¦a hopefully better Towanoquon, but Iā€™ll have to finish the series first.

This show is like a guilty pleasure, itā€™s fun to watch, Iā€™d watch it again with a dub.

Iā€™m hoping that Sentai will pick up and dub The Unlimited sequel. Itā€™s one of the few ā€œnew showsā€ that Iā€™ve seen that still has potential after ep 2.

So far it looks like I can get away with watching The Unlimited without having watched the prequel series. Awww yeah B)

Iā€™m thinking that, maybe, Sentai can license 'n dub The Unlimited & then perhaps that could inspire them to go back and redub the original? Failing that, where are the Australians and the British on this, since Sentai has claimed that demand from them helped inspire Sentai to dub previous sub-only releases. Cā€™mon guys, we need youā€¦now more than ever :laugh:

Thatā€™s because The Unlimited isnā€™t a sequel, itā€™s a spinoff series.

Even better. I think that Iā€™ve had more luck with spinoffs than with bona fide sequels, in terms of them not sucking. After buying the rank excrement that was Darker than Black II: Gemini of the Meteor ( :sick: ) Iā€™ve been wary of any & all subsequent sequels in anime.

Episode 34 ā€“

Well, I laughed through most of this episode! Age of the Flies!
It was funny that Minamoto yelled at the girls for not wearing proper biohazard suits when none of the main characters wore helmets anyway. What kind of protection is that? It wasnā€™t safe at all and thatā€™s why Minamoto turned into such a basket case. But I guess there wouldnā€™t have been much of a story if he had been fully protected!
I enjoyed Kaoruā€™s fantasy of taking care of Minamoto in case he never got better. Loved that whole one-sided conversation of hers where Minamoto answered everything with ā€œwanna eat poopā€! Just too funny!
Glad they got the Fly Man (I kept expecting Vincent Price-lol-). But I see that Shiho has a really scary dark side. Iā€™ve seen it before, but it came out more in this episode. And Iā€™m still not sure if Hyobu is a good guy or a bad guy. Iā€™ll just have to wait and see.

Except for disc 3ā€™s cover art, all the promo stuff for the original series is ā€œloli-tasticā€. The spin-off has older dudes as main characters, as well as one ā€œolderā€ female character who reminds me of Jessica Booneā€™s character for Towanoquon a bit. While there are a zillion little kids in the spin-off, they (so far as Iā€™ve gotten) donā€™t make up a bulk of the main cast. What happened?

Sentai Filmworks Press Release

December 16, 2014

Sentai Filmworks Adds Unlimited Psychic Squad Spinoff Anime

posted on 2014-12-16 14:41 EST
Zettai Karen Children spinoff aired in 2013