Roku Channel

yes yes yes i so agree with this lol i live a very long way from everything no cable at all i live on my roku via wifi and i know there is alot of us that would so love to join you there + alot of watchers who just dont knwo about you will subscribe also :smiley: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Come on TAN. Get it together. Both Crunchyroll and FUNimation are on the Roku. You guys are lagging behind. :stuck_out_tongue:

Seriously, you need a Roku channel. I dropped my TAN membership because I got tired of watching on my computer. But if you get a Roku channel, Iā€™ll definitely sign back up.

I would get a full subscription in a heartbeat on Roku. I love how Roku works for my other services.

I just got 2 Roku players and I have just about watched everything on Funimation.com, and Netflix, and Amazon Prime, and even Hulu. I came across some anime shows none of those providers have , only Anime Network offers, sure that say Netflix offers their programs but that is only someā€¦ like Mahoromatic which I saw was being advertised to me on amazon.com to buy , and then I searched all my services and only Anime Network had it, Anyways , I am glad to say if The Anime Network would make a Roku app I would be a happy paying subscriber and Iā€™m sure other people would too , Anime network your only hurting yourself and killing yourself to if you donā€™t get a Roku app. Iā€™m not using my 1000 watt computer to stream anime shows 24hrs 7 days a week when my Roku player uses less energy then a night light and can do the same as my computer online.

I currently have funimation hulu CR and a bunch of others and it would be nice to see TAN on ROKUā€¦ are you guys considering

ROKU channel please

I have to agree here. I stream everything else thru my Roku. The day you release a Roku app, I will sign up.

Business-wise, it is silly that you guys arenā€™t on roku. Till then, I guess Iā€™ll have to throw my money at CR, funimation, amazon prime and netflix.

Please add a Rohu channel and Android app as well

I wouldnā€™t waste money on netflix if your mainly watching it for anime. They have killed off 90% of their anime titles available for streaming only customers in the last year. :angry:

CR, A.Prime, and funimation are the best options for us at this point.

it would be great to have a roku channel. airplay doesnā€™t work as well as I would like, the video is fine but audio is crap, so please add a roku channel. I hate watching anime on my computer

please god give us a roku channel soon

Wow, I thought this topic was pretty much dead & buried years ago. Some others & I made this suggestion to TAN over 3 years ago, we thought it would be a GREAT ideal for TAN to have a Roku channel, even thenā€¦

[quote=ā€œglipscomā€ post=27188]I also believe the addition of a Roku distribution channel would be a good move on the part of Anime Network.

Considering the number of these players sold already (a couple 100,000), their low cost (starting at $80), ease of use / installation, and the recent addition of Rokuā€™s channel store, all would contribute to a win-win scenario for the Anime Network and anime fans.

Knowing the anime industryā€™s life-long difficulty in finding proper & profitable distribution channels for their products, this IPTV set top appliance could really bring many new subscribers to the Anime Network (and/or the Funimation Channel, for that matter)ā€¦[/quote]

It was met with outright hostility from TAN, some young poster thought we were trying to sell them something and complained something about us having an agenda. So, TAN started deleting our postings.

When I wrote the moderator to explain that Roku wasnā€™t some evil cult, I was pretty much told to go fly a kiteā€¦

Glad to see the battle for a TAN Roku channel continuesā€¦ Fight on soldiers!!!

glipscom wrote:

[quote]It was met with outright hostility from TAN, some young poster thought we were trying to sell them something and complained something about us having an agenda. So, TAN started deleting our postings.

When I wrote the moderator to explain that Roku wasnā€™t some evil cult, I was pretty much told to go fly a kiteā€¦

Glad to see the battle for a TAN Roku channel continuesā€¦ Fight on soldiers!!![/quote]

Holy cow! I wish that I was around when that happened. :huh:

I absolutely see nothing wrong with the suggestion idea. It only makes sense to do thisā€¦ just like adding an app to any other device. I am a paying subscriber, and every possible venue that you can connect to TAN is a convenienceā€¦ yaā€™ know?
:slight_smile:

Yeah seriously some of the shows on this look good and Iā€™d pay to be the same as I do for FUNImationā€™s which is 8.60$ but Anime Network does not have a Roku app so I canā€™t watch it on my TV and until they do Iā€™ll wait :stuck_out_tongue:

We anime fans do have some help on Roku coming form places like Funimationm, Hulu Plus, and Crackle but I this wound be very nice.

I too would love this and have been asking for years. I wonā€™t, however, hold my breath as their lack of reply is not encouraging. Maybe if enough of us ask continually on Facebook here and twitter tey will get the message

I think itā€™s stupid for someone to suggest a TAN channel for Roku is trying to sell something. I too pay for the Funmation Channel and have no complaints. I would also pay if TAN adds the channel or allows it to be linked to an existing VOD premium subscription like I have through AT&T. I just changed cable companies so was happy to add TAN but it seems. You donā€™t get access to the entire season. I donā€™t want to sign up for an online deal because I donā€™t like watching videos on my laptop or iPad when at home. I prefer my big screen TV.

I sent an mail asking about it. I will post what TAN says if thy reply.

add a channel on ROKU please. Should be a no brainier.

I did get a response:

Hello Felicia,

We appreciate your interest in the possibility of a Roku Channel. Currently among the many projects we are working on, Roku is on the list of ā€œto doā€™sā€ tentatively scheduled for the future.

Well that is better than hell to no. It would be a missed opportunity for them not to make some money offering a channel getting more converts to anime.

Would like to see roku channel also