SAKURA-CON News

spazzysam wrote:

You need to clone yourself. To do this, first get a large vat of orange Tang…

Steal your neighbor’s car, make it happen.

spazzysam wrote:

[quote]I understand, ShawnMerrow, if you can’t come see me… :frowning:

Got any tips on some good restaurants for me to check out while I’m in your fair city???

Oh, and tell you friends to come out![/quote]

I will be there, It will be my third. Be happy to see a Sentai representation.
As for eating?
Within walking distance Across the street from the convention center is a standard issue Cheesecake Factory. Right out front of the Convention center is a crepe place, but if you do not mind walking a little way, there is Pacific Place(not as far as Pike Market. 6th and Pine). All the restaurants are on the top level. Gordon Bierch, Cantina Y Cocina (Mexican) and a swanky place I like to hit for happy hour called Pink (yes that is right, Pink) It is a modern lounge.

If your wanting to save a bit and get some local flare mini joints, like Shawn mentioned, check out the Market. Pretty much a straight walk down Pike. Step out of the convention center and walk toward the water. It is a bit of a hike, but not that dreadful. When you reach Pike’s Place, you can find Cafe, French, and the first Starbucks IF you can get up early enough there is a place called Lowell’s. Fantastic view, reasonable price and a heck of a good breakfast. =)

Thanks a ton for the info! I really can’t stand going to a new place and eating the same stuff I can get in Houston. As for the hike to Pike Market, I don’t mind that at all- I survived Warrior Dash, after all! =P I’ve always wanted to visit Seattle, so this is a real treat!

One day, in my memoirs, I’ll write about the “Bataan Death March” I led some of my co-workers on in NY last year because I the subway entrance I had mapped out was closed & I was having too much fun running around Manhattan.

If you have walked NY, then you can walk anywhere. Seattle will be a piece of cake. See you folks in a few weeks.

Source - [URL=“http://www.facebook.com/bandaient#!/photo.php?fbid=10150198913279467&set=a.205679529466.162029.201609269466&theater”]Bandai’s Facebook[/URL]

We’ll be announcing a new title acquisition at Sakura-Con 2011. Here’s a little teaser screenshot. :slight_smile:

chrisc wrote:

[quote]Source - [URL=“http://www.facebook.com/bandaient#!/photo.php?fbid=10150198913279467&set=a.205679529466.162029.201609269466&theater”]Bandai’s Facebook[/URL]

We’ll be announcing a new title acquisition at Sakura-Con 2011. Here’s a little teaser screenshot. :slight_smile:

[/quote]

It’s Stardriver…

So what else is going on this weekend? :stuck_out_tongue:

In the Dealer’s Room, working at the Section23 booth. Just look for the Angel Beats banner!

Wish I could be there and hope you enjoy Seattle. :slight_smile:

Day 1 complete. On to day two!

(Now with more Dr. Scholl’s. Auugh my little feetsies!)

http://www.sakuracon.org/programming/guests.php

Looks like a pretty good list. Like normal I will be there. Any Seattle peeps, it will be March 29-31
I will actually be volunteering at this one.

First time to do that.

Anyhow.

Hmmm, the guest list doesn’t look too spectacular yet IMO. I’m still holding out a thin hope that they’ll release some more “last minute” guests that fit in with the SAO & F/Z premieres.

I believe they are at the end of the list. If your not looking to see any of thse peeps, they your not going to want to make this one.
I want to see Toshihiro Kawamoto and Stephanie Sheh, but then again I am a Eureka 7 fan. So, if that is not your cup of tea I totally understand.
=)

[quote=“Funkgun” post=136251]I believe they are at the end of the list. If your not looking to see any of thse peeps, they your not going to want to make this one.
I want to see Toshihiro Kawamoto and Stephanie Sheh, but then again I am a Eureka 7 fan. So, if that is not your cup of tea I totally understand.
=)[/quote]

I can’t say that’s a very inspiring list, all things considered (especially for what is the Pacific NW’s most renown con). Thanks to Otakon (and Bandai, sad face :frowning: ) I’ve met Stephanie Sheh (and all her many aliases) quite a number of times.

Something must have happened as last year’s guest list annihilates this year’s on both quantity & “quality”.

I will probably check out the gal that did the end song credits for Sword art Online, Gundam Unicorn ep 6 premier and just go to industry and odd tucked out of the way late night panels.

But, honestly I never go just for the main guests. I go to check out all the outfits, merch and general goofiness. If the people are to big it is almost to hard to check em out.

I have never regretted going since I started. I guess this time I might be? :wink:

[size=19]Sakuracon 2015: Wit Studio Q&A[/size]

[size=16]Sakura-Con to Host SAO Guests Reki Kawahara, Abec, More[/size]
posted on 2016-02-13 10:00 EST
Also: Pony Canyon’s Masashi Ishihama, Takeo Takahashi, Hijiri Sanpei

[size=16]Sakura-Con 2016 Schedule[/size]
Mar 8, 2016

[size=16]Press Release: PONY CANYON Announces Sakura-Con 2016 Panels and Screenings Schedule[/size]
Mar 24th 2016

###Sakura-Con Hosts Gen Urobuchi, Nitroplus Producers, Thunderbolt Fantasy Puppeteers
posted on 2017-01-13 15:45 EST
Madoka Magica, Psycho-Pass writer also attended Seattle convention in 2012