Samurai Harem / Asu no Yoichi!

shakes head Still trying to recruit for the dark side Demon Lord? :lol:

Episode 2 -

spoiler

Yoichi goes to school and is very popular with the girls. Funny that he gets enough nosebleeds to make Ibuki think he’s a pervert and she keeps beating him up! It looks like Washizu had a crush on Ibuki and wants to protect her from Yoichi. He likes to think Yoichi is a bad guy and challenges him to a fight, but Yoichi wins. But in a way Washizu wins too – Ibuki gives him her handkerchief.
Ayame won’t come out and admit it, but I think she kind of likes Yoichi too. When he gets a fever, she tries to make him a rice gruel, but it explodes - she can’t cook either. Kagome catches her cooking and helps her make a rice porridge instead. It looks like Ayame is jealous of her older sister too. Ibuki seems to do everything better than her. But when Yoichi compliments her cooking, Ayame is very happy. Yoichi also writes some very interesting Haiku! And I wonder who Ms. Tsubasa and her friend are.

Just started watching the stuff other than what was under “Action Zone” mainly out of dislike for drama and stuff like that must say, this completely changed my perseption on what catagory these are under. I do very much like this anime so far

I should look at what animes are about when Sentai Filmworks liceses them. Just saw first episode on An and really liked it, I need start giving sub-onlys I never heard of a try. Now that Clannad is dubed i’m not so close minded on subs.

That’s the spirit, Chris! I’m gunna go ahead and watch episode 1 myself now, haven’t seen it completely yet, just during QC.

Just wanted to say I love the sides.

Just finished this and its a easy recommendation from start to finish it was nothing ,but great. I’m even thinking of picking up the manga.

I felt this ended quite well while not what I’d call a definitive conclusion it left me feeling satisfied with the way it finished off. Though I am wondering who that was on the top of the tower at the mansion. If they make another series I’d certainly watch.

Warning next one is very spoiler:

Was surprised to say the least that Torigaya is a girl. The constant shrinking was surprising enough and then at the very end they show he is actually a she.

I am going to buy this later today, just going to watch the first episode of other animes I didn’t checkout yet from Sentai Filmworks first.

Well I just watched the first episode and didn’t care for it too much. It was ok, but I really dislike the green haired sister already. Since most everyone seemed to enjoy this series so far, I’m going to watch the second episode and see if I change my mind.
Slick

You find out the green-haired girl’s deal in episode 4.

Really this is a cute show in a similar vein to To Love Ru, both feature a basically well-meaning guy surrounded by cute girls who all end up liking him to one degree or another, but he constantly ends up making them mad by accidentally catching them in compromising positions. And he never sets out to attract any of them, he catches their eye just by being nice and doing the right thing. It’s a pretty common show theme.

Episode 6 -

spoiler

Nice that Ibuki calls Washizu “friend” and makes his day. Still loving that “Washizu Vision” too!
Funny that Washizu got roped into taking lessons at the dojo, but then decided he’s happy about it – only to find that he’ll be taking the lessons from Yoichi instead of Ibuki. The battle of 1,000 push ups was very amusing. Everyone ate together afterwards, which was nice, and it looks like that Kagome has a little crush on someone too.
Now, there’s an assassin after Yoichi and it looks like he also has some forest friends too, just like Yoichi. I still wonder who the masked brother and sister are though and why they want to destroy Yoichi, but I guess we’ll find out eventually.

One review had Torigaya as a guy that became gender-flipped in the end. So, is that character a girl pretending to be a guy? Or is it a guy that slowly transformed into a girl? I’m so confused.

In ep. 6 Torigaya is shown coming out of the men’s bathroom. I think for some reason he slowly turned into a girl over the course of the series.

Episode 7 -

spoiler

That masked guy sure went through a lot of trouble to rent an island and send more assassins after Yoichi. No one seemed to appreciate that Yoichi was saving them from an attacking bird that belonged to the assassins either. They would rather think him perverted! At least Angela saw what was going on.
Masashi and Kagome make a cute couple, but when they fall into a cave, they become bait. When Masashi falls off the cliff, Yoichi doesn’t even think – he just jumps into the water to save him. Very brave of him until he starts drowning himself! But Kagome dives in, saving them both and Yoichi is able to defeat the Mizunagi brothers. And that masked guy got it all on film.
So, Kagome is the real hero of the day, but her secret “popped” out, much to Ayame’s dismay! It was kind of obvious what her problem was though, especially with that scene of getting the cloth to bind Masashi’s injury. And Washizu missed out on all the fun! It also looks like Torigaya is shrinking and his face looks a little different too.

Kagome was the hero of the day. Seems like keeping them that tightly blinded all the time would not be a good idea.

Yes -

It has to be bad for the circulation! In reality though it’s a common practice. Unfortunate but true.

Episode 8 -

spoiler

When Ayame sees Washizu’s love letter for Ibuki, they get into an awkward position and Tsubasa sees them. And like Washizu, her “Tsubasa Vision” sees something completely different. But it’s nice too to see Washizu change for the better. I have to agree with Yoichi on that point. It was also really sweet of Masashi to give Kagome his drink. He really does care for her. And Torigaya is definitely getting a change in appearance.
Washizu thinks he’s getting soft and so does the Skull Alliance. They think he likes Ayame and take her to get to him. They threaten Ayame and her family and even Torigaya, so they can beat Washizu up. But Yoichi comes just in time and stands up for Washizu. They end up fighting together and defeat the Skull Alliance.
Yoichi compliments Washizu, telling him that he has a good heart and offers his hand in friendship, but before Washizu can take it, Ibuki shows up looking for Ayame. When she see the state her sister is in, she blames Yoichi and beats him up, but “Washizu Vision” sees them as being “lovey-dovey” instead. It’s really funny the way Washizu “sees” Yoichi as a cartoon character with hardly any hair. He then gets jealous and doesn’t want to be friends with Yoichi, so he runs off.
Ayame tries to be nice to Washizu to thank him and he rejects her, so she calls him a loser. But after Washizu meets up with Torigaya, he decides that he does like having friends after all. He has become a really nice guy. And here again Torigaya has changed. He is even shorter now.

Episode 9 -

spoiler

I think it’s weird in a funny way that “yankee” is slang for delinquent in Japan. And Ayame sure uses it a lot when she calls Washizu a loser. He tells Torigaya that he is going to confess his love to Ikaruga, but Ayame hears them talking and thinks he means her. Then she gets stuck teaching Washizu and he tries to tell her it’s a misunderstanding, but they end up having a sword fight. Unfortunately for them, Ibuki thinks they are well matched. Torigaya is right when he says that things are complicated. More than he knows!
At the festival, it’s hysterical that Washizu asks Torigaya if he’s shrunk and Torigaya denies it, although it’s so blatantly obvious he is. Washizu’s plan to be alone with Ibuki backfires when he’s paired with Ayame instead and she’s still under the impression that he’s in love with her. Yoichi is acting like a little kid - I think this must be his first festival.
Finally! The masked man is revealed! I guess he got tired of hiring assassins that couldn’t get the job done. So the guy’s name is Ukyou Saginomiya and he has a crush on Ibuki. This is why he wants Yoichi dead??? And here I thought it was something serious, like his technique or something. And his sister is there too, running a booth where Ibuki just “happens” to win a trip to the hot springs. I wonder what kind of trap Ukyou has up his sleeve now.
Washizu and Ayame are still fighting and Washizu finally admits that he likes Ibuki and not Ayame. This hurts Ayame and Washizu gets to see a different side of her, so he apologizes. And to give her some time with Yoichi, he grabs Ibuki’s hand and runs off. Now’s his chance! But when he slows down and turns around, he’s holding Tsubasa’s hand instead and she’s all made up for the Haunted House! Yup, things sure are convoluted, but I think they are about to get even more complicated since Ibuki has now invited everyone to the hot springs.

Yeah I laughed quite hard a few times. Awkward moments FTW!

Wicca,

you forgot the other “matchup”, Ayame and Yoichi. Yoichi is so clueless and Ayame is so smitten with him that she can’t stand to be away from him but so much wanting to be the aloof “adult” that teens so desperately want to be that she can’t express her true feelings to him. This may actually be one case where the main male character should NOT get the main female character! I would be very happy to see a reformed Washizu pair up with Ibuki and Ayami and Yoichi become a couple.

Well, there’s no reason he can’t have been a girl all along who has just been crossdressing for some reason. If she’s pretending to be a he, she’s not going to still use the ladies room…

Well, the early episodes showed him in a t-shirt that had no trace of bound breasts, and skinny man-hips. We’ve seen changes in height and in the face. If there are significant changes in the hips and bust to be seen, then he/she would not have been simply crossdressing.