Sentai / Anime Network Newsletters, Blogs & More!

Oy! Artists, I tell you what…

Mark Gosdin

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

via Jason DeMarco’s ask.fm.

Q. Does the crew and Sentai Filmworks have interest in working together or not?

A. I am so tired of this question, I am no longer answering any variation on this theme.

Maybe now they will pick up a Sentai show just to get people to shut up…lol

And that show’ll be Uppotte! or Girls und Panzer thinking, “That’ll show them” at the fans; and the fans will respond by watching it and not the rest of the line. Then AS will cancel Toonami period, that way the cancelled back end won’t feel lonely anymore.

Another New Sentai Title announcement on Facebook:

Sentai Filmorks Link: Atelier Escha & Logy ~Alchemists of the Dusk Sky~

Again, expect it to be released with the July Release Slate

DATES & TIMES have been added to the Anime Matsuri post

Click here

###New Releases This Week: Crazy and Comfy
3/24/2015 10:20:19 PM

This week sees not one, but two new releases. The craziness of life at an all girl’s school begins in Student Council’s Discretion Season 1 (season 2 is on the way!), and the soft and comforting tones and stories from Place to Place finally make their way onto Blu-ray. Check the entries below to learn more about the shows you can pick up this week:

###STUDENT COUNCIL’S DISCRETION SEASON 1
At Hekiyo Academy, all but one of the Student Council members are elected via popularity contests, and since teenagers think with hormones more often than intellects, those seats are filled by the attractive derrieres of the school’s most beautiful girls! The lines between facts and fiction disappear and what REALLY happened will probably never be revealed except at the STUDENT COUNCIL’S DISCRETION!

Related: Student Council’s Discretion Level 2
Genres: Slice of Life, Comedy
Rating: TV-14 [D]

###PLACE TO PLACE
Everyone has a circle of friends they hang out with. But even within a small group there are smaller groups of friends, best friends and, here’s where it gets complicated, boyfriends and girlfriends. Sometimes relationships just develop in a way where you’re not exactly sure what you are to the other person. Which is the problem Tsukimi has when it comes to Io: he seems to be totally clueless about how she’s starting to feel. It’s a puzzle she’ll have to solve in Place to Place.

Genres: Slice of Life, Romance, Comedy
Rating: TV-14

25 Likes, 0 Comments - Maggie Flecknoe (@mflecknoe) on Instagram: “Morning show ✔️ promos ✔️cycling class ✔. Now wrapping up the day in the #anime studio. #EOMaggie…”

Q. Will you release more catalog releases on Bluray, even if Sub-Only? Totally looking to Akikan! on Bluray. Cute show.
A. Yes, we are always open to that. In some instances there is what we call a “hold back” that for some reason or another is being imposed upon certain titles. A good example of this is K-ON season 1, which is currently under a blu-ray hold back period. I wish this was something we didn’t have to deal with (and in turn, you have to deal with as well), but this is just one of those quirks of the industry we gotta live with.

Q. What additional releases can we expect from the Tatsunoko Deal Sentai signed?
A. We have a few more titles that we haven’t announced yet, but are in the pipeline for release. As for a certain date, can’t really say!

I’ll be all over it if it’s Mach Go Go Go ( like Gatchaman, it really needs a modern dub too)

Q. Hey Sentai, I got 2 questions for you. Have you considered/are you considering Licensing the animes M3: The Dark Metal and Hamatora/Re:_Hamatora? are you also considering doing a dub for Chiaka: The Coffin Princess?
A. We look at every show that comes out of Japan for possible licensing, be it from the current season or seasons that have past. As for Chaika getting a dub…kinda hoping for one personally!

Q. What are among Sentai’s worst-selling titles?
A. The titles we have not yet announced. They have sold exactly zero copies. :frowning:

Q. Do the people at the Sentai office enjoy any American cartoons?
A. Sure! I grew up watching Tom and Jerry (I still do), the girl next to me has a really bad Batman addiction, and I know a bunch of other people love stuff like Adventure Time.

Q. Do you plan on getting season 1 and 2 of Hayate the combat butler because you have season 3 and 4.
A. It’s on our to do list!

Q. Do you have any big surprises for your Anime Matsuri panel?‎
A. We have some things we are working on, yes!

Q. I loved the soundtracks that were included with some of your releases. Any more on the horizon?
A. I hear No Game No Life is coming with a CD. :wink:

Q. What made you decide to join ask.fm? I hear alot of people call it out dated. How you think trolls will do with this news? Anyway, welcome an hope to some intriguing answers)‎
A. I’ve done a lot of impromptu Q&As on Twitter before, and we thought this would be a better way for people to see all the things we’ve answered. So, here we are!

Q. Who’s your favorite from Love Lab? Mine is Riko!
A. Maki of course!
http://photo4.ask.fm/127/736/027/-429996980-1sm66il-2js2nqp3q90ij0p/preview/LLe04.png

Q. if you woke up and were suddenly a girl, but in anime form what would you do? How would you react and do and all that?
A. I would straight up be in chibi mode all day every day. That **** is cute.

Someone pointed this out on FP.

[QUOTE=AbZeroNow]Could be a mistake on Anime Boston’s end but:
[URL=“www.animeboston.com/coninfo/schedule_video/721”]www.animeboston.com/coninfo/schedule_video/721[/URL]

[B]xxxHolic[/B]
[I]Presented by Maiden Japan/Section 23 Films[/I]
[/QUOTE]

http://www.fandompost.com/oldforums/showthread.php?17057-1-amp-Only-License-Rumors-amp-Speculations-Thread&p=300984&viewfull=1#post300984

[QUOTE=Chris Beveridge]FUNimation is still streaming the TV series, so I doubt they lost the rights to it. It could be a different part of the franchise though.[/QUOTE]

http://www.fandompost.com/oldforums/showthread.php?17057-1-amp-Only-License-Rumors-amp-Speculations-Thread&p=300992&viewfull=1#post300992

[QUOTE=WTK]

Inquired with S23 and was told this is an error by Anime Boston.[/QUOTE]

[size=20]New Releases This Week: Gentle Breezes, Healing Spirits[/size]

3/31/2015 9:40:09 PM

This week sees the release of Gingitsune: Messenger Fox of the Gods. If there ever was a show to watch when you’re looking to relax after a hard day of school/work/what have you, then this would be it. It’s like having a seat on a cloud, or rubbing your face on a pile of kitties, or the putting a shirt on straight out of the drier, or having the exact change you need at checkout, or…

[size=16]GINGITSUNE[/size]

In Japan, it is said that if you pray to a deity with sincerity, you will surely feel the divine presence. However, as the successor of the Saeki Inari Shrine, Makoto Saeki can do more than that, since she’s been seeing and speaking with spirits, kami and other messengers of the Gods since her mother’s funeral. Which can be difficult, especially when her classmates can’t know about Gintarou, the fox-like Herald who’s protects the Saeki shrine.

Genres: Comedy, Slice of Life, Supernatural

Rating: TV-PG

###“Sentai ScreamCast” Casting Call at Anime Matsuri
4/1/2015 3:56:00 PM

We’re going all out for Anime Matsuri this year, and our audition plans have been set. Get ready for the “Sentai ScreamCast” Casting Call!

After our big Anime Matsuri announcement there’s been a lot of buzz from our fans about the Parasyte –the maxim- live audition contest. We know there have been plenty of questions and we’re here to give you the answers!

###How will it work?

• Drop by the Sentai Filmworks booth (#1002) at Anime Matsuri ASAP and request an audition form— Don’t worry, you’re not signing your life away, we just need permission to film you for the contest and post your awesomeness online.
  • Audition spaces will be limited to the following days and time slots:
  • Friday, April 3, 11:00 AM-3:00 PM & 5:00 PM-7:00 PM
  • Saturday, April 4, 9:00 AM-1:00 PM & 3:00 PM-7:00 PM
  • After the serious stuff is out of the way and you’re in front of the camera you’ll be given a few basic instructions and then it’ll be time for you to flex those vocal chords and give us your best death scream!

###But before you can start bursting people’s eardrums we have a few ground rules we need to cover:

• Entries will ONLY be accepted in-person at Anime Matsuri. So if you want a shot at winning your spot on the cast list then you must stop by the Sentai Filmworks booth (we can’t wait to see you— or is it hear you?). Again, NO submissions will be accepted outside of Anime Matsuri, so no phone calls, emails, or pages please— just drop by and give us your biggest and best scream!
  • For those of you out-of-towners, travel expenses will not be reimbursed for any winners, so plan accordingly.
  • Remember guys, this is an audition contest and a shot at a bit part— this is not a paid role and there is no guarantee that you’ll win so make sure your chords are at their best.
  • Participation is otherwise subject to official rules.

###How will we pick our winner?

• After all the auditions are said and done, Sentai’s nominating committee will choose the 25 best performances and post them online for the world to see.
  • We will then hold a week-long contest that is open to the public (hey, that’s you!). Make sure you vote for who you think deserves to die in Parasyte –the maxim-, and share with your friends.
  • When the fans have spoken, the 2 lucky victims with the highest votes will be chosen as our winners! Winners will be notified May 18, 2015 by Sentai Filmworks and will have 48 hours to respond. If a winner does not respond within the timeframe or must forfeit for whatever reason, the opportunity will pass to the next runner-up and so on and so forth…
  • Once we get in touch with our winners, they will be required to sign additional documents and invited to a recording session to make some Parasyte –the maxim- magic happen! Again this is not a paid role and travel expenses are the winners’ sole responsibility.

###What do the winners get?

• A chance to have your scream included in Sentai Filmworks’ dub of Parasyte –the maxim-
  • Invitation to a recording session to reprise that winning scream
  • Their name in the credits of our upcoming Parasyte –the maxim- release
  • Bragging rights for having some serious screaming talent!

Have some more questions for us? Pop on over to our ask.fm this Thursday, March 2, and we’ll be happy to answer!

Q. Are you going to license Little Busters EX?

A. We are on the hunt for it! Cross your fingers!

Q. Is there any possibility that your subtitles will be black, rather than yellow? I love your releases, but the yellow text kind of takes away from the experience for me.

A. I asked one of our subtitling techs this question, here’s what he has to say:

[quote]We use yellow subtitles for better readability against any color on screen.
If the background is white, such as snow, clouds, walls or shirts the subtitles will be more difficult to read in the time it is on screen.
Also due to the DVD spec we are limited to using only four colors at a time: yellow, white, black and grey. We use yellow as the primary, white as the secondary and captions, black for the subtitle border and grey is a transparent background. This is carried over to the other formats.
We are starting to use colors in captions for BD and streaming but it has to be processed manually for each caption and the primary dialogue will remain yellow.[/quote]

Q. Do you guys have any more license announcements during Anime Matsuri con? I really hope you guys license Kancolle, Hanayamata, When Supernatural Battles Became Commonplace, Isuca, World Trigger, The Testament of Sister New Devil, and a bunch of spring season anime titles.

A., Yes, we will have quite a few announcements at Anime Matsuri, stay tuned!

Q. Who would win in the ultimate man-cat fight: Chaser John Doe from Dream Eater Merry vs. Nyanta from Log Horizon?

A. I’m gunna have to roll with Nyanta and his silky smooth English dub voice. It’s like sipping on Irish coffee on a cold winter day…

Q. When you pick up (insert title here) why do you immediately solicit for the month releases?

A. This only really happens for catalog titles (those titles that are not simulcasts here in the US), and usually it is because we want to make extra sure that we are able to release it in a timely manner without delay for you guys.

###Ask Sentai #3: Girl Love and Silky Smooth Kitties
4/2/2015 5:17:55 PM

Afternoon, all! It’s time for another segment of Ask Sentai! Thanks again for sending in your questions, we are trying to answer as many as possible every week.

As always please keep sending in your queries to our ask.fm account and maybe we will answer yours!

Click here to see ALL the Q & A!

There better be some excessive announcements at Anime Matsuri especially for the past and upcoming season. One title just doesn’t cut it for Winter 2015 when you were averaging 10+ titles per quarter in 2014.

1 Like

And still no answer to my Phi Brain S3 question.

We are @AnimeMatsuri doing some pregame warm-ups. Our #Parasyte ScreamCast/body painting booth will be open at 11!
(Watch video at link)

Our first victim, @CaylaCoats, has been infected! :open_mouth: #Parasyte