Sentai / Anime Network Newsletters, Blogs & More!

Was the panel insightful, do we have any way to know?

I still remember attending a Greenfield/Grant panel on translating many moons ago where they mentioned that subtitles are often less accurate than the dub, and the shock of people in the room was a sight to see.

2 Likes

SENTAI AT ANIME NYC 2021

11/4/2021 2:03:25 PM

Calling all anime fans! Sentai will be at Anime NYC this year to celebrate all things anime. Check out the schedule below to see what we’re up to.

3 Likes

DOWN FOR MAINTENANCE

BACK UP

4 Likes

TUESDAY NEW RELEASES - REDO OF HEALER

2021-11-09T06:00:00Z

Redo of Healer (S1) Complete Collection

Suppose you were to gain great powers, but that those powers would bring you nothing but suffering and pain after being betrayed, captured, and abused by the “heroes” you thought were your allies? That’s the fate that awaits Keyaru… until he receives a warning from a future version of himself, one who endured those agonies but reversed time to give him a chance to escape that fate. But Keyaru wants more than just salvation. He wants to make those who wronged him pay. And, armed with the knowledge of future events and how to better use his powers, he has the perfect weapons to grind them under his heels. Vengeance will stalk the land, making Keyaru’s future enemies die in the most painful ways possible and transforming the Queen who ruled them into his personal slave in REDO OF HEALER!
Rating: 18+ (D,S,V)

3 Likes
1 Like

I’m trying to figure out how a company goes down for maintenance…

3 Likes

It’s the website that goes down.

2 Likes
5 Likes

At least two people get or remember my sense of humor…

5 Likes

I wish they did a tour here For I could get that exclusive 50th Anniversary face mask man

1 Like

TUESDAY NEW RELEASES - PROBLEM CHILDREN ARE COMING FROM ANOTHER WORLD, AREN’T THEY?, SCIENCE FELL IN LOVE, SO I TRIED TO PROVE IT

2021-11-16T06:00:00Z

Problem Children are Coming from Another World, Aren’t They? (S1) Complete Collection

On the planet Little Garden, the dangerous Gift Games played between individuals with unique abilities are the route to wealth, power and global dominance. Where there are winners, however, there are also losers, and the No Name faction has been so decimated that only 120 members, mostly children, remain. Now there’s just one hope: Bring in outside recruits and gamble that their new abilities will reverse the tide! And on a world known as Earth, they find Izayoi, Asuka and Yo. The three new players have no idea what they’re getting into, let alone any inkling as to how dangerous the games really are, but all are far more formidable than they appear. The battle for supremacy will be anything except fun and games as the ultimate fight for power begins in PROBLEM CHILDREN ARE COMING FROM ANOTHER WORLD, AREN’T THEY?
Rating: TV-14 (D)

Science Fell in Love, So I Tried to Prove It (S1) Complete Collection

When university researcher Ayame Himuro confesses to fellow researcher Shinya Yukimura that she’s in love with him, it sets off an interesting debate. Being the kind of students that they are, Yukimura wonders if love can be proven as a formula. Himuro’s first attempt, counting increased heartbeats and numbers of longing glances, seem promising. However, when they test those results under laboratory conditions, reenacting scenes from romantic manga, the data gets confusing. Especially after they drag in classmate Kanade Kotonoha to act as a “control”, since when she and Yukimura reenact the same scenes, much of the “physical evidence” is duplicated! Of course, that just means that they and their entire research team will just have to try harder! Is love blind? And was it blinded by science? Find out in SCIENCE FELL IN LOVE, SO I TRIED TO PROVE IT!
Rating: TV-14

3 Likes
3 Likes

TUESDAY NEW RELEASES - GIRLS UND PANZER DAS FINALE - PART 2

2021-11-23T06:00:00Z

Girls und Panzer das Finale - Part 2

After falling for BC Freedom High’s clever deception, the Oarai Girl’s High tank-maidens find themselves faced with an entirely different battlefront than expected. However, Yukari suspects that any bluff that could have been carried out so easily by so many people must have some basis in fact. So, as the other school teams prepare for combat across the competition, Oarai digs down with a plan to undermine the groundwork beneath their opposition. Too much digging is dangerous, though, and the girls are next troubled to discover that the foundations of Momo’s personal life are equally unstable. With the victor of the Koala Forest High vs. Chi-Ha-Tan Academy battle as their next opponent, it’s a war on all fronts in GIRLS UND PANZER DAS FINALE - PART 2! BONUS: The events preceding the BC Freedom battle are revealed in THE TAYUKI WARS OVA!
Rating: TV-14 (V)

1 Like

TUESDAY NEW RELEASES - KAKEGURUI & PETER GRILL AND THE PHILOSOPHER’S TIME

2021-11-30T06:00:00Z

Kakegurui (S1) Complete Collection

Only the extremely rich can enroll at Hyakkaou Private Academy, but few remain that way and many lose more than everything. Run by a corrupt and sadistic school council, the “system” at Hyakkaou is based on gambling, with losers who are unable to cover their debts being demeaned by their peers and forced to serve their debtholders. And if that’s not terrifying enough, some games can result in losing an eye, one’s fingernails, or even their life! But the system is shocked when transfer student Yumeko Jabami arrives. Dark, mysterious and attractive, she’s a wildcard who plays for the thrill of it… and to maintain her habit, she’s become insanely skilled. The odds are rigged, and the council will stop at nothing to destroy her, but they’re about to be steamrolled by a high roller from Hell in KAKEGURUI!
Rating: TV-14 (V)

Peter Grill and the Philosopher’s Time (S1) Complete Collection [Steelbook]

Peter Grill may be the most powerful warrior in the world, but in a culture where strength is everything, there are lots of ambitious young women who will do anything to “acquire” Peter’s superior genes in order to bear powerful offspring! So, even though Peter just wants to marry his fiancée, he’s instead being beset by a bodacious bevy of Peter-obsessed females fiercely determined to get into his bed and/or ironclad pants! That would be a sticky situation even if the bawdy belligerents were merely human, but with elves, trolls and orcs all craving a little private Peter action, can even Peter stand up to this wave of pulchritudinous force? His flesh may be strong but his will may not hold up quite as rigidly when comely babe after babe keeps coming to test this poor Peter’s mettle in PETER GRILL AND THE PHILOSOPHER’S TIME!
Rating: TV-MA (S)

3 Likes

Sentai Podcast Episode 15: Fan Questions

• Nana release
  • How to start working in anime
  • How to request a or dub
  • Favorite scream or yell
  • Where is Sentai located
  • How do you decide which releases get Limited Editions / music on LEs
  • Where to stream Sentai titles
  • More Made in Abyss
  • How has the industry changing influenced the studio?
  • Are there more old school anime coming?
  • How has Covid affected dubbing?
  • Haikyu! Season 4
  • Anime that made you cry
  • How to decide which franchise to dub
  • What factors are in play for Netflix dubs
  • What does anime mean to you?
  • Why is this podcast so good?
  • Favorite season finale

Sentai Podcast Episode 15: Fan Questions

3 Likes

TUESDAY NEW RELEASES - FLOWERS OF EVIL & DANMACHI III

2021-11-30T06:00:00Z

Flowers of Evil (S1) Complete Collection

It takes only a second for evil to take root in the human heart, and for Takao Kasuga, the germination begins when his obsession with his beautiful classmate Nanako leads him to steal her used gym clothes. Unfortunately, this loathsome act of theft is witnessed by Nakamura, the strange girl who sits behind Takao in class, and she quickly blackmails him into fulfilling her own dark obsessions. As Nakamura’s twisted tendrils worm their way into Takao’s miserable psyche, their relationship blossoms, entwining him in a nightmarish existence as her virtual slave. But what is Nakamura’s final goal? And will even poor Nanako be ultimately drawn in? The harvest has only begun as Takao finds himself led down the garden path to damnation when the seeds of sin and a soiled gym suit give birth to the FLOWERS OF EVIL!
Rating: TV-14 (D)

Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? III Complete Collection

The rules of the Dungeon always seemed simple: Enter, avoid traps, kill monsters and gather treasure. But when Bell rescues a young vouivre, Wiene, who is capable of speaking, it changes his understanding of what the Dungeon’s monsters could be. Unfortunately, the discovery of the Xenos, a secret group of monsters who all speak, reincarnate, and are capable of rational thought, isn’t welcomed by all. With many of the Familias remaining determined to destroy all monsters on sight, Bell and the Hestia Familia quickly find themselves confronted on multiple fronts, even as other Familias work in secret to exploit the Xenos for their own sinister gains. And when the Xenos are forced to defend themselves, all hell breaks loose in the third amazing season of IS IT WRONG TO TRY TO PICK UP GIRLS IN A DUNGEON?
Rating: TV-MA (D,V)

2 Likes

Answer is 2 part, Netflix charges too much and owns their dubs. So my guess is that both Sentai and the Japanese licensor both pay half for a dub that stays with the show, and still costs less than what Netflix wants for them to use their dub

6 Likes

DEFINATELY needs time stamps.

3 Likes

But I wanted you to listen to all of it…

:angel:

6 Likes

Thanks for this, I’m still working my way through it.

I wonder if Sentai would be open to bringing back the commentaries, and putting extras on to the discs. Maybe I’ll have to send that in for whenever the next podcast of fan questions is.

It’s neat that they put videos about what they’re dubbing onto social media, but by the time the disc comes out they’re long lost in the Twitter etc feed. Same goes for the podcast as even when it contains tons of good info about a show’s “behind the scenes”, it isn’t as easy to track down later as when all that stuff is right there on the disc.

4 Likes