Sleeping, what's it all about?

Sleep is for the dead! sooooo tired…

Since I’ve been using this thread to detail the things I do while not sleeping, I thought I would share this experiment with you all.

So I was watching something (you can guess what by what happens next), and at one point in the episode the combination of potato chips, mayonnaise and honey, and it’s taste is brought into question. Apparently, this person thinks it’s delicious, and the other believes they are taste blind.

I personally thought that maybe it’s not all that bad, so I began my experiment… I combined one part potato chip, with equal parts honey and mayonnaise. The result? The taste is still in my mouth, and I can’t get it out… it’s awful.

Remember kids, I do these experiments so you don’t have to :cheer:. Never try anything I do at home, or anywhere else for that matter… I’m an expert! B)

Thank you Hornet. I tend to do experiments like that due to pure curiosity. However, when I saw that seen, I remembered I do not like mayonnaise except for certain situations. It saved me from the horror you went through. Though I wonder about chips with honey… to messy I think.

Honey everywhere was one of the long lasting side effects of the experiment… however, honey on chips may be pretty good without the mayonnaise messing it up.

I know this thread is about not sleepingbut your experiments reminded me of something that happened to me last year. You see I sleepwalk. Usually only when I am stressed or over tired. I woke up one morning and there was a bowl on the kitchen counter with Fruit Loops and Mayo and some other stuff I wasn’t quite sure of. I really hope I didn’t try that in my sleep. My blanket was also folded up neatly in the freezer.

Froggy wrote:

:blink: Cool.

Froggy wrote:

That’s great. You just made my day. But I don’t think that’s what blankets are for.

For once, I’m really glad I didn’t go to bed at a normal time… I was super bored, so I decided I should see what anime series I should buy next… so I went to rightstuf, and I ended up finding a number of shows I’ve been meaning to watch but have not… I have a feeling that I’m going to be spending too much money soon… But there was something else.

There is a series that I watched and LOVED, and I was thinking about buying it so I could see it again… (I watched it at a friend’s house the first time). The problem with this series is that there is no complete series, so I would have to buy the DVDs separately, and it’s way too expensive. That is, or so I thought. I had absolutely no idea that they were releasing the complete first season of Code Geass in February. I got so excited, I made myself an egg salad sandwich!

Actually, the egg salad sandwich had nothing to do with the excitement, I was just hungry… but it is one of the weirdest things I’ve eaten at 2:30am

Froggy wrote:

That must have been fun. Taste testing the mysteries of the counter. :smiley:

Speaking of taste blind - anyone up for some “berry berry ramen”? :laugh:

I think tonight is going to be one of my sleepless nights.

I got it! Dr. Angel is here.
http://i1111.photobucket.com/albums/h463/Rite2b/pendulum.gif

You are relaxed. You are getting sleepy. VERY sleepy. Your eyelids are heavy. VERY heavy. You are VERY VERY sleepy.

Nope - I’m wide awake! :lol:

LadyOfWicca wrote:

Hmmm…I will look more into this.

Can I hang out too? I’m supposed to be up in about 4 hours to go to a leadership conference but I can’t seem to sleep.

I can ask my doctor what he gave me for my scope. I got home Thursday at 1:00pm and went to take a nap at 1:30pm. I finally got out of bed today a little after 8:00am. I still took a nap after breakfast and lunch.

My room doesn’t need direct heat since it’s the highest area of the house, all the heat rises up here… coupled with my computer always being on, and the fact that I own a PS3, it gets hot up here even in winter. So I keep my window open at all times… sometimes even with a fan. ANYWAY… at around 3:30 maybe? I heard this sound… kind of like voices or something, I thought I was going crazy, which is always a possibility… so I follow the sound to my open window… I look outside to find my neighbor’s garage door open, the lights on inside, and “Have You Ever Seen the Rain” blaring on the radio…

I have to say, one of the most random and epic of late night shenanigans I have witnessed.

EDIT: I just went back to the window to see if the radio was still on and… “Fat Bottomed Girls”

Lately I’ve been having the worst time sleeping. I’m gonna start watching more late night TV.

aw…my thread hasn’t been appreciated at all this month :frowning:

lets see… remember… if you’re not going to sleep… don’t lay down and eat… especially on something nice and comfy.

I was laying down on my side while eating dinner at around 6:30ish, and next thing I know I’m waking up at 10. “oh well” I thought to myself, and so I just went to sleep again… just woke up maybe 45 minutes ago. Sleeping is great and all… but not sleeping is fun too.

Here’s a tip for all your would be… uh… not sleeping people: If you can find something to do… you can get the same time machine effect you get from sleeping. A good video game can help you with that.
For example:
I was playing Dragon Age: Origins last night from around 8pm until 6am. After I got something to eat, I went back and started playing again at around 7:30. an hour later, it was noon. See? Time Machine! :wink:

My sleep schedule is so screwed up… going to sleep at 5am, waking up at 2pm. This has got to stop! I’ve got other things to be doing during the day.