~.~ so how do i get anime network on directv

im sure this has been asked a lot but i cant fine the answer anywhere. all i know is have the general requirements to have this service but i have no idea how to get it…

im sorry if i posted this in the worng place im not trying to be a complete noob…

enigmanrx wrote:

[quote]im sure this has been asked a lot but i cant fine the answer anywhere. all i know is have the general requirements to have this service but i have no idea how to get it…

im sorry if i posted this in the worng place im not trying to be a complete noob…[/quote]

I believe it explains it in the http://www.theanimenetwork.com/Whats-On/Anime-Network-Video-on-Demand/DirecTV.

Just click on that link to see how. If that’s not right, I’m sure that DirecTV users will chime in soon and let you know the correct info.

Thanks for joining us for amazing anime! :slight_smile:

enigmanrx wrote:

[quote]im sure this has been asked a lot but i cant fine the answer anywhere. all i know is have the general requirements to have this service but i have no idea how to get it…

im sorry if i posted this in the worng place im not trying to be a complete noob…[/quote]

No problem, enigmanrx. For DirecTV CINEMAplus, you’ll first need to have either an HD DVR (the HR20, 21,22,23 or 24) or an R22 (the only SD DVR that can do CINEMAplus.) You’ll also need high speed internet. you can get by with as little as 756 kbps, but you’ll have a much better experience with the fastest broadband you can afford. Connect the HD DVR (or R22) to your broadband through a router-the DVRs do not have the capability to get an IP address from the internet and need a router to act as a “go between”.

You can connect the DVR to your router by one of four ways. The simplest is by a direct Ethernet connection. If the DVR has two Ethernet jacks, be sure to use the top one. Another way to connect a remote DVR to a route is through a HomePlug-type system that sends the network signal through your house wiring. While DirecTV used to offer this method, the no longer do. You can still get HomePlug adapters at stores that sell computer equipment.

You can connect the DVR wirelessly using a wireless gaming or media adapter. The software in the DVR will seamlessly interface with one of two different Linksys adapters-the WGA 600n or the WET 610n. The WET 610n is available from DirecTV at a nice savings over what you would pay at a retailer.

The final method is the best to use if you have a Single Wire Multiswitch (SWM or SWiM) system. It consists of an adapter that interfaces the SWM system with your home network. If you have an HR24, you only need the one at the router, as the capability is built into the DVR. For the HR20 through 23 and the R22, you’ll need an adapter (they’re referred to as DirecTV Ethernet to Cable adapters, or DECAs) to separate the networking signal at the DVR. If you have more than one HD receiver, this will also allow you to have Whole Home DVR service, which allows you to watch anything recorded on any HR2x/R22 through any other HD DVR or HD receiver on the SWM system.

Once the HD DVR/R22 is connected to the internet, it will take about 24 hours for it to download the information that allows you to access DirecTV CINEMAplus. Once that is done, just tune to channel 1889 and enjoy all the anime you want, compliments of TAN and DirecTV.

Once you have the right hardware set up to receive the Anime Network on DirecTV, you’ll have 64 episodes for downloading.

-Joe

Episodes currently listed for DirecTV Channel 1889:

1w A 11eyes (sub) - - - - - - - - 10, 11, 12, 13+ “finale+extra”
1w S Akane-Iro ni Somaru Saka(sub) 07, 08, 09, 10+
1w A Allison & Lillia (sub)- - - - 03, 04, 05, 06+
1w G Clannad After Story (Eng) - - __, __, 01, 02+ “premiere”
– S Coffee Samurai - - - - - - - 00 “30-minute feature”
1w S Eyeshield_21 (sub)- - - - - - 42, 43, 44, 45+
1w A Ghost Sweeper Mikami - - - - 21, 22, 23, 24+
1w A Gintama (sub) - - - - - - - - 42, 43, 44, 45+
1w A Guin Saga - - - - - - - - - - 03, 04, 05, 06+
1w A Hell Girl Three Vessels (sub) 14, 15, 16, 17+