SYFY/SciFi/Chiller Anime thread

See tonight’s two episodes of TTGL rocked, now stop complaining.

Like it if you wish, your opinion means nothing when it comes to what I like and dislike.
And I dislike TTGL, and I will complain if I wish…deal with it.

Boys, boys, please!!

No fighting.

You may each have your opinions, certainly. Just cut out the back and forth… :kiss:

Dub for the show is iffy (lost some of the charm) and in my on personal opinion while I thought it was decent ,it’s also well a Gainax show most of them are not for everyone or mileage may vary deals.

Show also gets way to over hyped and in my opinion most of the time over hyping ruins a show for people that have not seen it.

Seriously like slow said in more or less words each person has his or her opinion. So there is no point in the back and forth. Or in this case trying to force someone to like something they don’t like.

I think they need to take this outside. TO the spam forums!

I don’t really mind the back and forth exchanges. At least people are posting. One of the big problems I see in this forum is people being too apathetic, and always letting the mods deal with the out of bounds posts or whatnot.

As long as there’s no personal remarks or getting too upset about debates, it’s all gravy.

Gurren is a great show, but massively overhyped and overrated show, and like PP said a lot of Gainax shows aren’t for everyone.

There’s no problem defending the show but I wouldn’t expect everyone else to like it, especially here where more of the posters are more casual anime fans and less otaku.

[quote=mitamaking]
See tonight’s[/quote]

I didn’t see. B)

I, for one, enjoyed watching Gurren the first time it aired. I really enjoyed the first 2/3 of the series and was a little iffy about the last 1/3. Good show, but not a show that I would rewatch, unless watching with someone else.

I am still watching Rave Masters and it’s still okay. Some of the sound effects are even more cheesy than the dialogue, but sadly, I’m starting to get used to it. Rave Masters makes me laugh out loud a lot, although I know that that’s not the intention. It’s my light and airy show, as I’ve mentioned before, so it’s all good. Seems as though we are gonna have a central bad guy, aka “Thunder Man.” It’ll be interesting to see how this is gonna play out, since everyone says the show is dumbed down. Good or bad, I’ll go along for the ride. B)

Oh, right! And it helps that this ‘Thunder Man’ is kinda cutish… sorta takes the place of the young Musica, since he seems to be AWOL at the moment.

Wasn’t really impressed with this last little bit with the ‘Acting Thunderman’ very contrived and just not really well-thought out. But at least it’s over for now and they can continue on their way to find the fallen Rave Stone.

There is another way to look at this. It is four hours of Naked Navel.

I caught bit of Rave Master when it was on Toonami, it may get a bit more interesting. I pretty much fast fowarded to thru the two episodes.

Are they showing all the episode of GL? It seems to be way towards the end of it.

It will be interesting to see what happens in June if not sooner.

[quote=Prede]
Slowhand: Since you magically know what’s playing and when, did they annoucne what will be playing when Gurren Lagann is over? I don’t feel like re-watching that show , and I gave up on Rave Masters, but be nice to watch something else on that channel.[/quote]

Ok… my TAN crystal ball just cleared up…

When Gurren Lagann is over (on June 22), the following week (June 29) Sci-Fi (Sy-Fy) will start showing… Gundam 00, Season 2!

Here’s the link to ANN’s article about it:
Gundam 00 2nd Season to Debut on Sci Fi Channel in June

So the recap episode of TTGL is airing right now, out of curiosity does anyone have what I wrote after seeing episode 15(the last episode before the recap), I recall I went insane in just loving the show.

No, but I too watched the rerun of TTGL and enjoyed. I don’t know what it is about this show but it gives me a warm happy feeling every time I look at it. Who needs illegal drugs?

And yes, I realize I’m leaving myself wide open for some kind of smart comment there.

Ok… I’ll admit I cried a couple of tears last night during Rave Master.

[details=spoiler]That big ol’ lug of a bear told such a sad tale, and then he died. :frowning:
Then Meanie Shuda had to blow up the Memorial… it was just so sad!![/details]
Ok, I’m over it. :S

And what’s with that guy with the glue coming out of his head?

[quote=Slowhand]
And what’s with that guy with the glue coming out of his head?[/quote]

And not only that, he was eating it.

I LOVED ttgl. It has good character design, great artwork and an action packed story.It even has a real end-of-story, Rare for anime. The anime culture needs more shows like this to keep the Genre alive

somebody mentioned that skiffy was dropping anime? I’d love to see a link for the source on that please.

Monday, May 25, 2009
Memorial Day

On Sci-Fi

NOGurren Lagann” or “Rave Master

Instead there will be a Marathon of:

Land of the Lost” from"

8:00am ET/7:00am CT until 3:30am ET/2:30am CT (Tuesday)

Slowhand, what show(s) do you see in the future for Sci-Fi channel? What will take the place of Gurren Lagann once it’s over? Or is the future still hazy? :smiley: Sorry to bug you…

Mobile Suit Gundam 00 season 2, Bandai announced it a bit back.

[quote=Prede]
Slowhand, what show(s) do you see in the future for Sci-Fi channel? What will take the place of Gurren Lagann once it’s over? Or is the future still hazy? :smiley: Sorry to bug you…[/quote]

Mitamaking’s correct.