The Buy Stuff Thread

@Newshawk – Wow does that bring back some childhood memories!
If I remember right, that had the Science Patrol.
Wasn’t that from the mid 70s or so?

If he means this one, which I have also…and is AWESOME…sweet childhood memories, then it came out in the late 60’s.

Still waiting for Spectraman to come out on DVD.
Hey wouldn’t it be cool if Sentai Filworks started releasing Super Sentai shows.

huh, huh…get it…Sentai Filmworks…Super Sentai…huh…[size=4]Sentai[/size]

forget u’s…I think it’s funny…

That’s the one, tonka! I used to watch it on one of the Philly UHFs-either 17, 29 or 48. I can’t remember which at this time. It had to be mid 60s because by the late 60s I was in high school and had a paper route for the Philadelphia Evening Bulletin, which shows you how long ago it was!

Ha…ha…
you were a paper boy…

Well, in salute to all the paper boys, and girls, throughout the ages I give gives them the greatest of them all.

Oh man what a fun game that was. I never owned it just rented it. I remember breaking more windows though. lol

I technically got this half a month ago, but I received it for Christmas.

Ai Yori Aoshi 4-14 - $8.74 each
Vagabond VIZBIG - $13.54

Can’t wait to get started on the Ai Yori Aoshi, really getting into that manga, want to finish it before I start on the anime.

To Newshawk, no the Sony is probably a bit better quality wise, though they both have similar capabilities.

Exchanged a Kindle today and picked these up at Best Buy:

Sony 160GB PS3 - $299.99
Jason And The Argonauts Bluray - $7.99
The Dark Crystal Bluray - $7.99
Dogma Bluray- $7.99
Supernatural Season 5 Bluray - $19.99
Penguins Duffle Bag - $17.99

dragonrider_cody wrote:

[quote]To Newshawk, no the Sony is probably a bit better quality wise, though they both have similar capabilities.

Sony 160GB PS3 - $299.99
Dogma Bluray- $7.99
[/quote]

But how much did YOU pay, cody?

Got a $10 gift card for Amazon for my birthday so used it on the order below.

Castle: The Complete First Season - $11.49
Fringe: The Complete First Season - $19.99
World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War - $6.69
The Zombie Survival Guide: Complete Protection from the Living Dead - $5.69

Newshawk wrote:

[quote]dragonrider_cody wrote:

[quote]To Newshawk, no the Sony is probably a bit better quality wise, though they both have similar capabilities.

Sony 160GB PS3 - $299.99
Dogma Bluray- $7.99
[/quote]

But how much did YOU pay, cody?[/quote]

That is how much I paid. Best Buy’s employee discount is 5% over cost. If the item is on sale for below cost (as DVDs and blurays often are), I don’t get anything extra on it. It can suck at times, but it’s nice for stuff with high markups like HT cables, screen cleaner, high end TVs, etc.

Also found a recent steal at Big Lots:

Star Trek Voyager Season 3 - $10.00

Not to shabby for something that use to around $100. :wink:

dragonrider_cody wrote:

[quote]Newshawk wrote:

Sony 160GB PS3 - $299.99
Dogma Bluray- $7.99
[/quote]

But how much did YOU pay, cody?

That is how much I paid. Best Buy’s employee discount is 5% over cost. If the item is on sale for below cost (as DVDs and blurays often are), I don’t get anything extra on it. It can suck at times, but it’s nice for stuff with high markups like HT cables, screen cleaner, high end TVs, etc.

Also found a recent steal at Big Lots:

Star Trek Voyager Season 3 - $10.00

Not to shabby for something that use to around $100. ;)[/quote]

Wish my Big Lots would get better stuff in. Since the roof collapsed last winter on the one downstate I was hoping the one more local to me would get better stuff in ,but nope still stepping in dog crap most of the time.

I’m not sure if this belongs here or the Anime Network recently purchased thread, but…

Just received-

Clannad Limited Edition Fine Art Print #1 (158 of 250)

So today(guess it was technically yesterday now) my friend shows up at my front door randomly and tells me I’ll never guess what he bought today. So I get lured in and ask what, well he gets this great big grin and tells me he just bought Sekirei Season 1. My jaw instantly drops and the only thing I can think is no F!@$ way, it is pirated, right? I was wrong, turns out our best buy just got Sekirei Season 1 DUBBED in and he had just bought it for $39.99. I’d say this isn’t worth the price for a single season, but turns out the dub for Sekirei is actually rather good, and when I say good I mean they went and brought in a lot of the dub cast from Soul Eater and most all of the voices sound exactly like you’d imagine them in English. Wasn’t me who bought it(I’m planning on it), but he doesn’t go to TAN, so I figured it would be just as good. :wink:

Sekirei Season 1, Japanese subs/English dub - $39.99

Well, get him to join our merry band, MrBoomba!

Newshawk wrote:

I’m currently trying to get him to join. :wink:

Also, just went to Books-a-Million and Bedrock Comic Shop
Kimikiss Volume 1: $7.59
Bakuman Volume 1&2: $7.88 each**

Bedrock Comics*

I, Otaku Volume 1: $7.59
Akihabara @Deep Volume 1: $7.59
Because I’m the Goddess Volumes 1&2: $2.59 each**

We just bought a:

Sony Blu-ray Player

I’d tell you more, but my ever-efficient hubby has filed the paperwork and I can’t find it at the moment.

Slowhand wrote:

[quote]We just bought a:

Sony Blu-ray Player[/quote]

Slowhand, let us know what you think of anime shown in Blu - ray.
Is the quality better, or is it just that you can now hold more on a disk.
I’m very curious!
Thanks

I just bought all this within the last couple of days:

2x2gb DDR2 1066 ram sticks for 84.99
Starcraft II 49.99

Wow Authenticator 6.50

I finally got too tired of waiting on DDR2 prices to lower, so I just decided to finally get some at whatever price they were at. The next big update will probably have to be the CPU… or an endless amount of fans!

Went to Borders the other day after I found out I had a 20% off my entire purchase coupon.

Dance in the Vampire Bund: Volumes 1-5 $9.99
Dance in the Vampire Bund: Volumes 6-8 $10.99

Red Special Edition DVD $13.00

(Was going to get the Best Buy Blu-ray/DVD combo ,but then I found out it was a double side disc. Blu-ray on one side and DVD on the other side. Damn Universal and their bringing those damn things back for another generation.)

Batman: The Movie [Blu-ray] (1966) $10.99
The Tick - The Entire Series $8.49
Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective $27.99
Xenozoic By: Mark Schultz $26.37