The Demon Lord's Den of Iniquity

All the crying about Anime Strike this season has me like:

2 Likes

First world problems lolol

Once again, I see whining about Fate/Apocrypha on Netflix. And all I can think is “Okay, shit happens. I still have a ton of shows to get caught up on, because I actually have a life outside of anime. The world doesn’t come to an end when something isn’t simulcasting.” Anyone remember back in the day when we had to wait a year or two just to get a license announcement? And god only knows when the actual product would be released.

Also, I deleted Facebook off my phone a few weeks ago. Honestly, it’s one of the BEST decisions I’ve ever made! So much less negativity in my life. Far less stupidity to deal with. Less fake stories and memes to wade through. I can’t recommend it enough!

3 Likes

A little wisdom from the world of Babylon 5

3 Likes

Is anyone else tired of people with no ability to speak or understand Japanese complaining about the quality of an official translation? Even when you discount the fact that there is no exact, one hundred percent correct way to translate a number of words and phrases from Japanese to English, some people still feel they are more qualified to judge than people who actually speak the language.

I recently dealt with someone who refused to watch the official subs of Rin-ne, because they felt their pirated streaming site would be more accurate. So, I decide to check it out for shits and gigs. Her pirate site is streaming a direct rip of the TAN videos, complete with the Anime Network logo in the corner.

Sometimes, I really, really hate people…

3 Likes

I can relate

2 Likes

Wow, Martin Landau and George Romero both passing away. RIP.

1 Like

I might be in the minority, but this is where I will always remember Landau from the most.

2 Likes

Growing up near Pittsburgh, you quickly learned about our ties to Romero and Zombies. Night of the Living Dead and Dawn of the Dead were filmed in the area. I briefly worked at a store in the mall where Dawn was shot.

2 Likes

At the good old Monroeville Mall.

2 Likes

I meant to pop over to Hidive. I accidentally typed in HoDive. That’s a WHOLE DIFFERENT world!

4 Likes

And she still made it back from the Delta Quadrant!

3 Likes

So does anyone else remember the UPN Movie Trailer? It was a weekend movie, usually hosted by stars of various UPN shows, like Star Trek Voyager. For some reason, the theme song is stuck in my head. To make matters worse, it doesn’t seem that anyone has ever uploaded it anywhere.

Remember, you don’t necessarily need a parachute to skydive. However, if you want to do it more than once, it’s highly recommended.

2 Likes

There are days where I absolutely love what I do, and days where I just want to crawl into a cave and never talk to another human being again. Sometimes the staff’s negativity is even more exhausting than the patients.

3 Likes

I’m way behind on Doctor Who and trying to get caught up. I just came across this gem of a scene, and couldn’t help but think of anime when he talked about Clara’s eyes. :wink:

1 Like

A friend sent me this pic today. WTF Walmart, WTF???

4 Likes

So, I finally got to see the end of season 9 of Doctor Who. At first, I was completely shocked and disappointed by how Clara’s story came to an end in “Face the Raven.” However, the seasons finale made up for a lot of that.

I wasn’t fan of Capaldi as the Doctor at first, but he really grew in me. However, I think a lot of that was due to Jenna Coleman’s performance as Clara and how well they played off of each other. In the end, I think Clara is actually vying with Donna as my favorite companion, and Capaldi has perhaps surpassed Matt Smith as my second favorite Doctor.

ATTENTION PLEASE!. The craft and home decore stores are now stocking Halloween decorations. THIS IS NOT A DRILL!. Halloween decorations are now available in store. I repeat HALLOWEEN DECORATIONS ARE NOW IN STORES!!!

I love Halloween, and I’m thrilled that summer is beginning the long march towards its demise. Sun, heat, people, the three things I hate most. Fall can’t come soon enough!

2 Likes

We’ve all had this problem!!!

2 Likes